Red Zed Pics!

andyzed

Took the Zed up to the hills at the back of Greenock today to Loch Thom take some pics, this is a great area for Mountain-Biking or walking. It also has a Wildlife visitors centre (Cornalees) which has guides and interactive stuff for the kids, and a Trout fishery where you can hire rods, boats etc. Has nice winding roads as well if you want to give the Zed a blast :drive1

I take the mountain bike or walk around the Cut quite a Lot in the summer and spotted a track which goes up to the Microwave masts in the 2nd pic, from here you get stunning views over Greenock and up to Glasgow and down to Arran etc. well worth a visit if you are in the area.post-3923-135011895242_thumb.jpgpost-3923-135011895272_thumb.jpgpost-3923-135011895311_thumb.jpg

Nice pics look better on the blow ups if you know what I mean, very moody. For the photo buffs always nice to know specs (boring for some)

camera, time of day, shutters, apertures etc ( told you it could get boring).

Well done though. :wave:

Camera used was a Canon EOS 350D fitted with a Tamron SP AF Aspherical XR Di 28-75mm 1:28 lens

1st pic 1/125 @ F8

2nd pic 1/80 @ F5.6

3rd pic 1/125 @ F5.6

My intention was to shoot a couple of shots to try and capture a bit of atmosphere to depict the Autumn months and hopefully get a shot worthy of entry into this years calendar.

Time of day was between 1545 and 1615 sun was low in the sky and light starting to fade especially in the 2nd pic

I waited to later in the day to try and create a bit of atmosphere with the fading light to try and capture the remoteness of the setting. Could have shot the pics in full sunlight but this would have just washed out any detail and shown up the background more but I wanted the ZED to be the centre of attention.

Hi-Res pics look much better but limited to bandwidth for uploading.

Cheers

Andy

Very nice Andy! My dad said he noticed the zed had moved from it's usual position in the driveway :lol:;) hope your gonna join us on some runs next year

Neil your dad must have been seeing things, car is still in the same place, this was a stand-in I hired for the day :lol:

hopefully will get to join you for some runs next year

Cheers

Andy

Nice pics look better on the blow ups if you know what I mean, very moody. For the photo buffs always nice to know specs (boring for some)

camera, time of day, shutters, apertures etc ( told you it could get boring).

Well done though. :wave:

Camera used was a Canon EOS 350D fitted with a Tamron SP AF Aspherical XR Di 28-75mm 1:28 lens

1st pic 1/125 @ F8

2nd pic 1/80 @ F5.6

3rd pic 1/125 @ F5.6

My intention was to shoot a couple of shots to try and capture a bit of atmosphere to depict the Autumn months and hopefully get a shot worthy of entry into this years calendar.

Time of day was between 1545 and 1615 sun was low in the sky and light starting to fade especially in the 2nd pic

I waited to later in the day to try and create a bit of atmosphere with the fading light to try and capture the remoteness of the setting. Could have shot the pics in full sunlight but this would have just washed out any detail and shown up the background more but I wanted the ZED to be the centre of attention.

Hi-Res pics look much better but limited to bandwidth for uploading.

Cheers

Andy

I think the first is your best, close to the car, keep away from aerials and stacks in back ground. Personally I try these shots at varying times in the day, I've found early mornings are sometimes better, very low speeds on tripods etc. Clouds and skys are always a PIA, Mr Photoshop is your best ally, you can turn pigs ears into silk purses. Thanks for that.

Jeff