peugeot RCZ

srobrien

i've had a pug and it was great. i actually reckon the 306GTi6 interior was better than the 350Z interior. and was awesome fun to drive.

but of recent years peugeot has not offered the metal motoring they used too and have gone very soft. their GTI badge is all but dead and the versions they have brought out have just been soggy.

i like the new RCZ but its front wheel drive and lacks a big engine. it is using the same power plant as the BMW mini cooper S, there are plans in the talking of a hot version but if it comes to fruition is another thing.

Does everyone realise we drive Nissans?

You can't slate Pug when you are driving a Nissan. :doh:

Was going to say this myself. :thumbs:

It's amazing how many people on this forum think they are driving a Ferrari or Lambo when in fact they've got a cheap, flawed car built by one of the least exclusive brands in the world.

Peugout have made a very pretty, distinctive coupe (much better-looking than the Audi) which hopefully will be bought by lots of pretty girls who "work in IT" who we can chase around town and blip our exhausts at. :lol::lol:

Looks quite good on the road, better from behind as a bit like any other pug from the front. I wouldn't have one because of a bad experience with a previous peugeot and I'm sure pretty soon they will be cheap as chips and lots about.

not bad looking but agreed the front is :headhurt:

the people that posted about peugeot build quality, have you actually owned a peugeot or just going by hearsay and/or rumours ??

i've had 5 brand new different peugeots over the years and can't say any of them have "fell to bits" within months :shrug:

some of the interior plastics on my 2004 350z are certainly low rent for a high value sports coupe :blush:

I think it looks ace B)

Ace, as in ace for my Mrs etc. Its obviously not even supposed to be classed as a serious performance car, by the engines they have put in it. It's just the successor to the 206cc and all its lady owners. It has it's niche, so lets not slate it because it doesn't have rwd or 300bhp etc..

From the reviews i've read the interior quality is not meant to be the usual peugeot rubbish(yes ive driven many peugeots before) and is meant to be quite good.

You'd be mad to buy one of these brand new though, it'll be worth about 50p after 3 years. Would much prefer to drive around in a hyundai coupe.

I went to see one of these in the search for my new car in March, does look good but was perplexed at the dash that seems to face slightly away from the driver...instead of the towards cucooned feeling :wacko: Also the pedals were wierd, having to raise my foot high to get it on the clutch.. Bit of a dissapointment when I sat in it. Also the front is a bit... big and wierd, sleek from the side and back but something not quite right. Then obviously I saw the light and shall be buying a ZED :teeth:B)