My custom exhaust with cut-outs **vid included**

Lexx

So, the one thing my R8 was missing, was the V8 sound.

After a bit of research into the available options, I decided to go for something unique.

Since I have decided to mostly keep the R8 stock(ish) and get a project car to play around with, I opted for a custom system which could look stock.

So, I too a trip to Advanced Automotive Systems in Newcastle. http://www.aas-exhausts.co.uk/

Stuart and the guys there, really know their stuff, and if you are considering a custom system for your Zed, give them a shout.

Its a switchable system, with a switch in the cabin which opens/closes the cutouts.

manarovxr8002.jpg

manarovxr8001.jpg

manarovxr8004.jpg

manarovxr8003.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

Vid is taken with an iphone, so not the best quality, but you get the idea.

Video is a warm start, with the cut-outs open. They close 1/3 way through vid, then open again for the last 15 secs or so.

As always, comments/criticisms welcome.

Sounds sexual, not really looked into it before but may be an option for the m..can I ask how much ROUGHLY you paid for the system?

R

For the exhaust itself, with the X-pipe made-up, its circa £600. All custom made and installed.

Its another £500 if you want the cut-outs. (not something I think a Zed would need)

Just give Stuart a call on the number in the website. Very helpful bloke :thumbs:

Pointless trying to describe it to you, as a V8 sounds so different to a V6.

But, no droning really. On loud or quiet. But then the interior has alot of sound proofing.

I know, I have a v8 :lol:

Thats cool, it sounds great.

R

:doh:

Next time I'll look at the flipping avatar.

He does alot of work on BM's

v Nice :thumbs:

out of interest, i know this has been done for sound, but are you considering a dyno run with and without cutouts?

Not doing a dyno run. Im happy with how she is regardless.

Since the stock cats are still in, there wont be any noticable gains with or without the cutouts. Need a remap for that.