UpRev insurance

HaydnH

Hi All,

Has anyone had any luck getting their cars insured after an UpRev? I just phoned my insurer (Admiral) to ask about the increase to my premium if I added de-cats, changed y-pipe and UpReved. Apparently they'd charge £50 PA for the de-cats and y-pipe (classed as a full exhaust basically) but they said they wouldn't cover the upRev (ECU mapping) at all as it's apparently high-risk!

And I was going to put a deposit down with Abbey today as well... GRRR! :rant::rant:

Haydn.

Will they ever find out about the remap? Probably not. Is it worth £12K (or whatever your car is worth) to take that chance? Definitely not.

Change insurer next renewal, there are companies out there that don't care about things like that.

Will they ever find out about the remap? Probably not. Is it worth £12K (or whatever your car is worth) to take that chance? Definitely not.

Change insurer next renewal, there are companies out there that don't care about things like that.

Excellent advice, unfortunately some insurers hear 'remap' and think :scare:

I remember speaking with mark@ abbey about the uprev and he said he puts a mask on the map so IF nissan or anyone else plugged into the ecu they would just see what they expect to see...(however i really DON'T see this happening if you were to get into an accident)

+1

Well it's only £47.50 to cancel my insurance with Admiral - it may be worth phoning around and see if I can get a good deal elsewhere before deciding. I have 0 NCB though (no accidents or convictions, just not owned my own car for a while) so that might rule me out of the forum things but still worth a shot.

I remember speaking with mark@ abbey about the uprev and he said he puts a mask on the map so IF nissan or anyone else plugged into the ecu they would just see what they expect to see...(however i really DON'T see this happening if you were to get into an accident)

I have my Speed controller attached to the airbag so if I have an accident it will fly far away ;)

I've had all my cars mapped and crashed them all. Never had any issues at all. It's upti yourself if u want to take the risk

lol, are you talking about risking the insurance not paying or crashing because of the remap?? Perhaps you should take advanced driving lessons instead of a remap next time? :p:p

I've had all my cars mapped and crashed them all. Never had any issues at all. It's upti yourself if u want to take the risk

Love the honesty.............

Seriously though how would they ever tell your car had been remapped? The ECU looks is the standard unit so short of plugging it in there no way they could tell.

lol, are you talking about risking the insurance not paying or crashing because of the remap?? Perhaps you should take advanced driving lessons instead of a remap next time? :p:p

Lol mate I was 19yr old driving a 225hp mini cooper s that would have shat all over the zed.

Plenty of performance lessons under the belt now

Seriously though how would they ever tell your car had been remapped? The ECU looks is the standard unit so short of plugging it in there no way they could tell.

Probably by searching the internet and seeing people's posts ;)

Correctomundo

Its been known for the Police to search a users posts on a public forum and prosecute in serious cases.

A word to the wise for people with shopping lists under their signature that are not covered ;)

Correctomundo

Its been known for the Police to search a users posts on a public forum and prosecute in serious cases.

A word to the wise for people with shopping lists under their signature that are not covered ;)

oops better loose the Fred Perry Turkish Knock Off in my sig :blush:

Correctomundo

oops better loose the Fred Perry Turkish Knock Off in my sig :blush:

:lol:

Is your £15 stubby covered :lol:

If you connect Nissan Consult to the Car it will not show that it has been remapped , but if a Uprev dealer connected to the car it would show that that the car has been Uprevved , but we can reflash the cars back to stock and then no one can seen that it has been mapped.

hope this helps

Nurrish , that was for the R35GTR tuning, not the 350/370 tuning.

Mark