Roadster, Hood operation

JetSet

Had a bit of trouble getting the roof down on Caroline's roadster yesterday. Kind of Stuck and took several attempts to get it down, although it went back up no problem. Seemed a little jerky too. Is there a minimum operating temperature? it was rather cold yesterday. Does it need any maintenance at all?

Thanks,

Pete

Sounds pretty common to me. Mine stuck a little last year when it got cold. Its very sensitive to any kind of stress and will stop moving. I have never had any problem getting it closed but sometimes putting it down. After 2/3 attempts it usually goes down. I would reccommend putting the heaters on for a while to warm the fabric and then give it a try.

I don't know if there is a minimum temperature for operating though.

Yep due to the temp.

I bought mine in March this year and the dealer flattly refused to allow me to check the operation of the roof as it was aound +3c; they did however arrange to store it in a heated showroom over night to allow me to check the operation.

When I asked about it I was told by the dealership not to operate under +6c, I keep meaning to check the manual to verify this.

Greased regularly and opened when appropriate in winter. They often need a little help.

+1.

if you dont operate it for a long time it will struggle even when fairly warm.

and there should be no lower temp to operate the hood! we dont care everybody else thinks....they are just jealous :p:lol:

Greased regularly and opened when appropriate in winter. They often need a little help.

Pleased to hear you have no more problems getting it up or down now Mart, even in the cold weather :thumbs:

Get an attractive blonde in the passenger seat and mine goes up and down no problem

Make sure your battery is ok. As has already been said it is more than likely the cold and the roofs do have a little trouble in the cold weather. If battery amperage is low it can stop working. (Bit like us really :thumbs: )

• 1 month later...

Ah I was about to post about this problem but you guys beat me to it. Guess I shouldn't be putting the hood down at -5c.. Gets stuck about halfway through :( yes I'm aware that hood down in such cold weather sounds ludicrous but I only just got my 350 and I want that hood down!

Ah I was about to post about this problem but you guys beat me to it. Guess I shouldn't be putting the hood down at -5c.. Gets stuck about halfway through :( yes I'm aware that hood down in such cold weather sounds ludicrous but I only just got my 350 and I want that hood down!

Not at all.

Many time I've gone out with my Dad in his convertibles with a hat on and the heaters on full blast. Nothing wrong with that.