When your mate buys a 350Z before you he's a...

AMT

...**** :D lol! My mate just done a straight swap for 2008 Civic Type R for a 2005 350GT with 40K on the clock.... with full Veilside bodykit and moded to 300bhp. I'm not a fan of bodykits but my its impressive... The first words I uttered to him when I went to see it were ..."I hate you so much....." lol God hurry march... Anyone wanna donate me some money? pml I can't bare the wait of 5 months

AMT

Nope, Black I'm afraid. Take it you sold a white one? lol It was a family friend he did it with (Scotland btw) and the guy had spent a good few £'s on it...eg.. The real carbon Fibre hood at £800 odds lol. Insane. Most I'll do to mine when I get one is... change the aerial for a shorter one, Tint the back windows and those tiny useless 3/4's. And eventually when they wear out replace the discs with grooved/drilled ones like my Coupe just now lol. I dunno what hes gonna do in the snow (my mate just doesn't care and it will be out during winter lol) and also speed bumps.... lol GOD I WANT ONE!! :bang:

AMT

thats a bit of a bastad move. thats like telling your mate you fancy this girl, and them going off and shagging them the night before your first date.

if it is the white one tell him he's bought a sh1t one :lol:

can i ask why such negativity on this zed.? :headhurt:

sorry for going off your topic.

thats a bit of a bastad move. thats like telling your mate you fancy this girl, and them going off and shagging them the night before your first date.

overpriced, and badly advertised giving facts that are not true and un supported. how a fail side kit and an air intake can add 70 odd Bhp is laughable. not only that as paul said he's messed a few peopel about.

overpriced, and badly advertised giving facts that are not true and un supported. how a fail side kit and an air intake can add 70 odd Bhp is laughable. not only that as paul said he's messed a few peopel about.

Its nearly halfed in value over the last year. He will never sell that heap of junk

haha exactly the same situation as me, had 2 or 3 people on my facebook buy one over the past 4months (one of which is selling it atm - gervais off here) which keeps tempting me but i cant buy one yet until i know i have a contract at work which... im hoping is thursday :lol: in which case its car shopping at the weekend *fingers crossed* even know exactly which one i want although if that goes i do have a few back ups :).

I dunno what hes gonna do in the snow (my mate just doesn't care and it will be out during winter lol) and also speed bumps.... lol GOD I WANT ONE!! :bang:

AMT

I tell you what he'll do in the snow, bugger all. The cars just don't do snow, they're best left at home :)

Don't worry mate, good things come to those who wait. Plus you're getting a standard one right? The Veilside isn't a nice kit.

Any rear wheel drive car is a nightmare, take that into account alongside the tyre width, and you're looking at slippy times!!

I remember being sat at a set of traffic lights - the road was flat with no camber and I went to drive forward to leave the traffic lights.

Lets just say it took 3 light changes to actually cross the junction!!

I find the power delivery is very hard to control in the snow with no real weight over the rear wheels you're asking for slippage!!

Weight over the rears could be a factor, I drove a MR2 turbo in the snow a few times and that wasn't too bad, think that was 225 rears iirc but it was MR so heavy rear. Chelsea tractor drivers are annoying though when they zoom up and sit on your rear bumper in the snow, a little tap of the loud peddle to step the back end out a little always put a priceless expression on their face though followed by them backing off.

The Z has plenty of weight on the back... It just has even more weight on wide tyres at the front which have to plough through the snow/slush. Would be interesting to stick two space-savers on the front and see if it helped...

I keep reading they're bad in the snow, are they really that bad? It looks like they can be driven if you're careful... not that I'd take mine out in snow, don't wan't the grit/salt on my baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LILEedm5UZE&feature=related

no its not that bad in the snow; all comes down to technique, you can't drive it like a FWD car, but it will definetly go. i drive all my RWD cars all year round and in all weather and never have any issues. done snow with low tread re040's and full tread tyres and make better progress than some FWD cars.

FWD and AWD will always be better in the snow but RWD is still perfectly do able.

too many scare mongers out there, who think its impossible. if your driving technique is not there then a pair of snow socks; or even better some winter tyres will see you quiet happily through the weather.

AMT250 you are a **** :teeth: Stop being a :dummy: , if you really wanted one then just get one and stop your moaning.

Its not white as I know the one that everyone is talking about :thumbs:

secondly you never told me that you wanted a 350z and even if you did a year ago, it doesnt matter as I see you like once a year so I dont care what car you buy. I brought this car to use everyday so winter or summer, it doesnt matter, I will have to drive it.

Paul I thought you would have worked it thats it mine hes talking about :D

Any rear wheel drive car is a nightmare, take that into account alongside the tyre width, and you're looking at slippy times!!

I remember being sat at a set of traffic lights - the road was flat with no camber and I went to drive forward to leave the traffic lights.

Lets just say it took 3 light changes to actually cross the junction!!

I find the power delivery is very hard to control in the snow with no real weight over the rear wheels you're asking for slippage!!

Next time turn the NOS off :doh:

Oh and maybe put the spare wheel back in over winter for some weight :lol:

...**** :D lol! My mate just done a straight swap for 2008 Civic Type R for a 2005 350GT with 40K on the clock.... with full Veilside bodykit and moded to 300bhp.He texts me... check out my facebook mate, I've got a new car.... grrr!! I'm not a fan of bodykits but my its impressive... The first words I uttered to him when I went to see it were ..."I hate you so much....." lol God hurry march... Anyone wanna donate me some money? pml I can't bare the wait of 5 months

AMT

he's a f*cking legend for getting one before you! :lol:

Now get a FI setup and blow your sleeper his out of the water... :teeth:

About snow, driver skill is more important to be honest... you need to take it easy with the Z on the snow accelerating and be a bit aware that the ass might come out when you let go of the gas in slush etc, last year was a crazy cold winter wich saw some snow... I can just say that the Z faired very well with me behind the wheel compared to most mercs and bmw's < I'd say that was because of the driver not that they are RWD cars... What people over here need is training on ice... I'm well used to snow and ice driving from Sweden so doesn't really face me... what keeps me on my tippy toes is the rest of the traffic that has now idea on how to drive on the icey snow roads... :scare: (get a set of snow chains if you're planning on getting out in it though... I was considering ordering a set of studs winter tyres for this winter hoping for more snow :blush::lol: