Hello from Yorkshire

Hey all. Thanks for having me. I'm a FairladyZ owner based in York - black 2003 import with ProDrive alloys and Brembos. Bought it from Alexander's in Boroughbridge a couple of years ago (anyone any comments / experiences on this dealer?) Love the car to death.

Couple of newbie questions:

- Is there a York / Yorkshire owners club?

- Anyone had any experiences with dodgy speedos on Jap imports? Mine has only worked intermittently for quite a few months. I suspect the problem is the km/h to mp/h chip - but I've had this looked at and seems to be okay. The alternative is a full speedo head replacement for £1,500 - ouch!

Cheers for now!

Hey - whereabouts in York are you? I regularly wave at a black import with a private reg starting H but don't often get a wave back! We do have Yorkshire meets now and then and a few of us are going to a pistonheads meet at Malton on Sunday.

M13KYF - thanks for that, I'll drop him a line.

Nixy - are you the metallic orange 350z I see coming in on the A59 when I'm going out of a morning? If so, I thought I usually do wave back. But hey, if it is you then apologies - it's early morning and I'm still half asleep! ;-)

Yes that's me! Do you mean YOU come in off the A59? I'm usually on the ring road nearish to Clifton Moor and I think (if it was you) you waved to me once near Copmanthorpe when I was on my way home? If you do a search in the spotted section you'll probaby see me slagging you off for not waving! :lol: I work on Shipton Road off the A19 roundabout.

Hi Guys,

im from York and got myself a pre-facelift convertable about a month ago and loving it so far :)

anyone got any details on the PH Malton meet on sunday? time/location etc?

Chris

One Chris to another . Do yourself an intro thread ;);)

Hi Guys,

im from York and got myself a pre-facelift convertable about a month ago and loving it so far :)

anyone got any details on the PH Malton meet on sunday? time/location etc?

Chris

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=41674&hilit=pistonheads

It's a morning meet. I believe it's a porsche dealer on the trading estate on the opposite side to Malton BMW which is literally just off the A64 slip road to Malton. I think a few people are meeting at the highwayman cafe on the way but parking could be tight there.

Thanks Nixy, not sure why i couldnt find the thread on the search though!

i've been to that meet before in my lotus, last time was largely disappointing turn out, no great exotics there but the list on the PH site sounds much better so will prolly head over :)

The weather will probably have some bearing on it! Also the getting out of bed time............

Hey - whereabouts in York are you? I regularly wave at a black import with a private reg starting H but don't often get a wave back! We do have Yorkshire meets now and then and a few of us are going to a pistonheads meet at Malton on Sunday.

I'm based in harrogate with a black uk 08, reg starts with H. could be me as i havn't waved at anyone recently ha ha.