Gutted we cant have a 350GT after all

stanski

I have been thinking about getting a 350GT Datsun for a while as its almost 350Z but with extra seats for Ania in the back - well other than they are all silver and auto's, I've discovered the seat base wont fit in the rear seats anyway so thats blown that idea out of the water! :blackeye:

(So Tarmac- forget it mate not child friendly car)

!B)hBmpQBWk~$(KGrHqYOKiIEwR!2fMdSBMN0+8hT1w~~_12.JPG

!B)hBv0gBWk~$(KGrHqEOKi0EwOrtnLZEBMN1!bTr(g~~_12.JPG

So have to wait until the G37 convertible drops in price to £4K and we are laughing - of course there will be no oil by then and we will be using hover boards wont we :lol:

G37!! Didn't know what that was until I googled it. Nice!

infiniti_g37_convertible_2.jpg

The G37 Convertible will be build on the FM (Front Mid-ship) platform, which has been stiffened 36% from the previous generation, is lower in overall height and has a wider front and rear track width.Also there are rumors that Infiniti is working on a more powerful version of the G37: an all-wheel drive, twin-turbocharged version that will have an output of 500 hp. This mean that the 2009 G37 will be even more powerful like a GT-R. So, it will reach at least a top speed of 185 mph and the 0 to 60 mph sprint will be made in less than 4 seconds.Like the Coupe, the Convertible version will be offered in three different versions: standard, Journey and Sport. The most powerful, and of course the most expensive will be the the Sport version. It will feature 19″ wheels, Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD), sport-tuned suspension, sport brakes, unique front fascia and side sills, sport-styled seats and steering wheel stitching.

If you look on the picture of the rear seats there is no way for the isofix seat base to sit flat on the seat.

Normal seats have the base meet the back at the same level as the base so to speak - so the isofix loops meet up with the seat base catches, however in the G35 the seat back is higher than the base - hence the seatbase would'nt sit correctly in there.

I know G35's dont have isofix but when you fit a seat base you extend the catches under the back anyway and loop the seatbelt through ( I am talking about the Maxi - cosi seat base here folks) this makes the base very stable and solid - better in fact than if you use the loops alone. Secondly I think the floor is too shallow for the leg to extend in the seat base

maxicosi_easyfixweb.jpg

Hope this makes sense? :blush:

We found that fitting the babyseat alone without a base just using a seat belt - was unsatisfactory - just wobbled about and did'nt feel secure at all? :surrender:

Just noticed also the angle of the seat base is too high - hence Ania would be leaning forward too much!

• 2 weeks later...

FYI: ISOFIX base does not have to sit flush against the seat, that's the whole point of it and you can use it on bucket seat type rears... If the car has isofix hangers then it suits an isofix base. FIND OUT I'm kinda looking at the G35 area for future family expansion :D

FYI: ISOFIX base does not have to sit flush against the seat, that's the whole point of it and you can use it on bucket seat type rears... If the car has isofix hangers then it suits an isofix base. FIND OUT I'm kinda looking at the G35 area for future family expansion :D

+1

I will definately be looking into one of these for the near future :dummy::)

+1

:boxing: I want that red one :yahoo: Don't have a penny to spend this year but maybe for next one :p

+1

:boxing: I want that red one :yahoo: Don't have a penny to spend this year but maybe for next one :p

:rant: I want that red one too :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a look at a 350GT today (06 facelift with the something something pack, nice with video cam's front and rear) ... had the little volvo wagon with me so quickly took out the Isofix and looked in the rear of the 350GT for some ISOFIX connectors... oh... found some :D It's sits in snuggly there so see NO reason why it was said it doesn't fit! wohoo! :yahoo:

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

So it looks like anyone thinking going 350GT from 350Z, go ahead! :D