Throttle Controller & UpRev

spursmaddave

A question to anyone that has had both a D1 Spec Throttle Controller and then had an UpRev remap.

I realise of course that an UpRev is completely different to just sticking a box of tricks on your right hand pedal.... but I like the fact I can adjust the throttle so can both be used together?

I normally have my D1 on Sport 5 but it can be very twitchy, even a sneeze or a fart can be :scare: so when it is wet like today I put it back to normal :thumbs: I did try putting it on econ but it just felt like I was towing a caravan!!!

I understand that the UpRev includes making the throttle react much like with the D1, but then you are stuck with it rain or shine :dry:

Is it possible to have an UpRev done and keep the D1, maybe putting it on econ when conditions are bad to counteract the throttle response...

I have seen lots of throttle controller come up for sale when people have an UpRev done so maybe what I'm asking is pretty daft :blush:

Thanks to anyone that takes the trouble to reply :thumbs:

Ask Abbey I guess, Mark is bound to know :) From what you've said I suspect the throttle controller can give more "drastic" response, I didn't have too many probs in Wales and it p*ssed down on Sunday :D Trouble is you're used to the throttle controller now, will the uprev ever be enough for you? B):lol::lol:

Ask Abbey I guess, Mark is bound to know :) From what you've said I suspect the throttle controller can give more "drastic" response, I didn't have too many probs in Wales and it p*ssed down on Sunday :D Trouble is you're used to the throttle controller now, will the uprev ever be enough for you? B):lol::lol:

+1 I think your used to the ajustable throttle. You will manage fine with one setting. You could still keep the throttle controller to retard or speed up the response. :thumbs:

+1 I think your used to the ajustable throttle. You will manage fine with one setting. You could still keep the throttle controller to retard or speed up the response. :thumbs:

Cheers, I know what you mean and I know I could ask Mark, he certainly knows his stuff but I just wondered if anyone on here had experience with both either separately or together...

I meant to say the lighter flywheel I have probably adds to the woooo factor :scare: and the washing powder bill :blush:

Spoke to Mark about this at Santa Pod today and he says part of the Uprev process removes the elastic effect from the throttle cable so i think the throttle controller will be surplus to requirement after the remap.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info, the UpRev I guess sharpens up the throttle so I guess the D1 would be redundant but from what others have said it doesn't sound quite the same... :dry:

Still need someone that has had / has both to give their opinion :snack:

Dave, is there that much difference using the controller to bog standard? :shrug:

Yes :scare:

+1 its quite different

I had one for a couple of weeks but it wasn`t my piece of cake

Yeah horses for courses....

I Think of it like a Sport mode or Sport button I guess, just sharpens up the throttle. I got my clutch & flywheel done at the same time as I got the D1 ( from ZManAlex - shameless plug ) so I think I had best of everything all in one.

I've seen you drive :drive1 you don't need any assistance ;)

Dave, is there that much difference using the controller to bog standard? :shrug:

Yes :scare:

+1 its quite different

I had one for a couple of weeks but it wasn`t my piece of cake

Can you expand on the differences :shrug:

Well you have I think about 12 or so settings, Normal obviously then I think 4 Econ settings (1-4) and 7 Sport settings (1-7)

It basically just slows down the response of your right foot, put it this way if you were to stomp on the pedal in Sport Mode 7 you would be :scare::scare::scare::scare::scare:

As I said in the first post if its wet I put it into normal, econ is just like turbo lag :lol:

Having both wont improve anything,the only advantage will be that you can turn the throttle con down (cant see the point) an uprev imo is much better than tc as is improves a lot more than just the restrictive power in the first 3 gears.

I'm certainly not arguing against an UpRev, just want to know if the UpRev is as severe as the TC, as if it is I would like the option of toning it down when needed :thumbs:

I haven't tried the D1 but my UpRev tune is not severe on the pedal at all. Quite drivable just a little, well, snappier to respond. Certainly not dangerous in the wet by any means.

Th car is just normal unless you are going for it, and when you do it behaves responsively. Defo no brown trouser moments waiting for you.

Dave,

from the limited amount of info I have on the D1 controller I think they change the feedback speed of the response on the throttle butterfly.

I have seen cars with these fitted that dont feel any different to a stock car, but other cars fitted do feel different but when you turn the device onto response they feel nervous and very

inconsistent.

When we remap the throttle using the UPREV we take out the "elastic throttle cable" in the lower gears , the car do give 100% throttl ein the lower gears but the time from when you floor the pedal to the butterfly giving 100% throttle is very slow to the point that if you change gear quickly it never sees 100% throttle.

I feel the cars arent nervous in the wet with the UPREV remap , we can even make the throttle to butterfly ratio 1 to 1 if you can put up with lossing the cruise control ( non cruise cars it doesnt matter ) this makes the car really drivable especially on the track , but can make the car a little agressive in traffic.

I have seen the D1 controllers cause CEL lights as well.

Mark