Throttle Controller & UpRev

spursmaddave

it will throw a CEL then.

I am sure that you can fix that. ;):thumbs:

:boxing: FIGHT !!!!!! :boxing:

Just kidding, thanks for some great info from two of the most knowledgeable guy on here :thumbs:

I like the D1 it makes my Zed seem more alive and obviously responsive, I have never had a problem in the wet it just seemed the sensible thing to turn it off, I've been doing that for the 6 months or so since I had it, and with recent events on here I think it's even more relevant.

Thanks for the info on the UpRev Mark, I have no doubt the UpRev is much more beneficial and certainly more complex than just plugging in a couple of boxes to the loud pedal! I will be booking in with your guys in the new year when my 90k :scare: service is due so might treat the old girl!

Alex, you are a just crazy :clap: So I did remember right about you running both :lol:

At the end of the day the D1 is a good choice for someone with limited funds or too far away from Abbey to travel ( I am neither :wacko: )

Just like to add that the D1 throttle controller doesn't just make a difference to the first 3 gears, it makes a difference in all gears.

If your running in sports mode it's opening the throttle quicker regardless of the gear.

I also have it on SP5 as I find SP7 too twitchy. And if I am sitting cruising at 70 or so on the motorway and I touch the throttle just a touch you feel the response immediately, if I put it into normal it's nowhere near the instant response.

I always drive mines in normal and only select sports mode when I want it.

I'm sure Bennet had both and said they work fine hand in hand.

Just like to add that the D1 throttle controller doesn't just make a difference to the first 3 gears, it makes a difference in all gears.

If your running in sports mode it's opening the throttle quicker regardless of the gear.

I also have it on SP5 as I find SP7 too twitchy. And if I am sitting cruising at 70 or so on the motorway and I touch the throttle just a touch you feel the response immediately, if I put it into normal it's nowhere near the instant response.

I always drive mines in normal and only select sports mode when I want it.

I'm sure Bennet had both and said they work fine hand in hand.

I agree on it being twitchy, I tried mine in SP7 but I had trouble pulling away :blush: I either went :scare: or stalled :blush:

Yes it does work in all gears, the response in 4th or 5th is just as instant as the first 3, which I like because I'm not a traffic light dragster, just like a bit extra when overtaking etc.

Thinking about it more I had new clutch / flywheel done at abbey, then a couple of weeks later got plenum spacer & new exhaust fitted at abbey too, then got the D1 so maybe that's why I noticed the difference so much :teeth: