Hello!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Danny and i've finally saved up enough money to buy one of these beautiful cars. I've found a couple that i'm really interested in but am a little hesitant. This is my first "proper" car and am looking at spending around £8000. I was hoping if anyone could give me any tips on faults I should look out for or if there's any common problems with these cars...

Any help would be much appreciated!

Danny

Hi and welcome to the forum. Feel free to post up any cars that you are considering. Its also possible to get locals to check a car out if they are a long distance away. :)

Great, thanks for the advice everyone.

Here's one that i really liked.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

I don't get why it has a spoiler and no leather seats, i guess it's an import?

Welcome to the forum. :)

Have a read here for some pointers

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23843

And as you are already doing , let us have a look at your potential buys. I would also highly recomend buying a car from a club member. - They are usually well looked after, and in most cases alot of their history can be traced back on here. :thumbs:

Hi and welcome to the forum. Feel free to post up any cars that you are considering. Its also possible to get locals to check a car out if they are a long distance away. :)

What about this one? Not too keen on it being an automatic but does seem cheap thinking about mileage/age

Where are you finding these cars!?! I am selling my car at the mo and these add make me look like i have had too much fun with a crack pipe! :scare:

Anyway, that is a very nice looking car. If you are seriously looking at this car tho, i would also recommend testing driving a manual so you can gauge the difference.

What about this one? Not too keen on it being an automatic but does seem cheap thinking about mileage/age

That one also looks like an import, even though there's no mention of it in the advert. There's nothing wrong with imports but they do tend to be cheaper.

My ideal 350z would be as follows

£9000 or less

Black, gun metal grey, blue

04 plate or newer

less than 50k miles

leather seats.

Is this a bit too optimistic?!

I don't reckon so...but you'll have to be patient. We've just bought a Bronze UK spec GT pack with FNSH, 29k albeit on a 53 plate for £8700 - serviced, MOT'd, taxed and delivered from Scotland for £8700.

Bit of a double edged sword at times though - for the money your looking at you can't rush or you'll end up with a dog (and believe me even the dogs sell quick!) but when a good one comes along you've got to be on your toes! Ours had been up for 3 days and had 3 people from all sides of the country chasing it......I bought it without even looking at it which was to say the least a little fool hardy - luckily it turned out better than I could of hoped for! :yahoo:

My ideal 350z would be as follows

£9000 or less

Black, gun metal grey, blue

04 plate or newer

less than 50k miles

leather seats.

Is this a bit too optimistic?!

I don't reckon so...but you'll have to be patient. We've just bought a Bronze UK spec GT pack with FNSH, 29k albeit on a 53 plate for £8700 - serviced, MOT'd, taxed and delivered from Scotland for £8700.

Bit of a double edged sword at times though - for the money your looking at you can't rush or you'll end up with a dog (and believe me even the dogs sell quick!) but when a good one comes along you've got to be on your toes! Ours had been up for 3 days and had 3 people from all sides of the country chasing it......I bought it without even looking at it which was to say the least a little fool hardy - luckily it turned out better than I could of hoped for! :yahoo:

That sounds like a really good price. I hate waiting but it'll be worth it when i get it