New 350z Owner for Track Use

Hi All

Just picked myself up an 08 plate 350z.

Im mainly going to be using this as a fun car/track car as the TTS just doesnt suite the track, or fun! lol

Cant wait to start tinkering and really getting to grips with the car..

Look forward to chatting to you all

Mark :)

Cheers folks..

Im up in Southport, which is on the Northwest coast. So Oulton Park is the nearest full track, although i believe Aintree is a hidden gem.

Any tips for getting the Zed ready for the track?

Heres a pic of the TTS. As much as love the feeling of New, and allll that leather.. Its just not that fun to drive...

newwheels.th.jpg

.........Any tips for getting the Zed ready for the track?...

Welcome along.

The Zeds are fun to track out of the box but what I found works best for a track set-up is (in no particular order) - Coilovers (I run Teins), uprated ARBs (I use Nismo), Diff (I've a Kaaz), trackday tyres on lightweight rims (I like the R888s), brakes (standard brembos are ok but the addition of something like Performance friction discs and uprated pads are most useful).

If you're still feeling flush and you're looking for more power theres always FI be it a turbo or Supercharger (I run a Vortech SC at 420bhp) - theres plenty of build threads on here which will give you some ideas. My own personal opinion is that if you are running a stock block then SC is the way to go and if your block is built then a turbo is your only man. Obvious additions to the FI build would be an oil/PS cooler and perhaps a diff oil cooler as well - things will get hot on track.

Last and not least loose as much weight as you can (from the car and I suppose the driver too).

Loose the junk in your trunk - spare wheel, tools etc. The standard seats are very heavy ( I'd like to loose mine at some stage for a more supportive & lighter seat) and if you were really intent on being a track day warrior then you could loose some of the multiple airbags, air con, ICE etc and fit a roll cage - cut off switch and add a fire extinguisher.

I think thats enough of a shopping list to be getting on with. :lol:

Cheers folks..

Im up in Southport, which is on the Northwest coast. So Oulton Park is the nearest full track, although i believe Aintree is a hidden gem.

Any tips for getting the Zed ready for the track?

Heres a pic of the TTS. As much as love the feeling of New, and allll that leather.. Its just not that fun to drive...

newwheels.th.jpg

How deep are your pockets?

.........Any tips for getting the Zed ready for the track?...

Welcome along.

The Zeds are fun to track out of the box but what I found works best for a track set-up is (in no particular order) - Coilovers (I run Teins), uprated ARBs (I use Nismo), Diff (I've a Kaaz), trackday tyres on lightweight rims (I like the R888s), brakes (standard brembos are ok but the addition of something like Performance friction discs and uprated pads are most useful).

If you're still feeling flush and you're looking for more power theres always FI be it a turbo or Supercharger (I run a Vortech SC at 420bhp) - theres plenty of build threads on here which will give you some ideas. My own personal opinion is that if you are running a stock block then SC is the way to go and if your block is built then a turbo is your only man. Obvious additions to the FI build would be an oil/PS cooler and perhaps a diff oil cooler as well - things will get hot on track.

Last and not least loose as much weight as you can (from the car and I suppose the driver too).

Loose the junk in your trunk - spare wheel, tools etc. The standard seats are very heavy ( I'd like to loose mine at some stage for a more supportive & lighter seat) and if you were really intent on being a track day warrior then you could loose some of the multiple airbags, air con, ICE etc and fit a roll cage - cut off switch and add a fire extinguisher.

I think thats enough of a shopping list to be getting on with. :lol:

Yikes!!! Alll that got me very excited, if not slightly scared for my ever decreasing bank balance!!

Ill be leaving the car pretty much standard to be honest. As much as i would love to really pull it to pieces and make it a full track toy, I just cant afford too really.

Ill be sure to put a post up before my first trip down to oulton.

Cheers for the advise folks :)

then get a nice set of pads and are you only using it on track maybe weld the diff? Get a set of slicks from Zman for your 18s would be a good investment too.

Cheers Matey... Unfortunately my pockets really arent that deep, so apart from a few little things the Z will stay standard this year..

Slicks and Pads are a definate though.. :)

Are there any specific track days you guys go to?