Auto Folding Mirrors Of Key Remote

AlexZ

First I would to apologise to the members who have paid for this mod in good faith. I have tried to contact you and ask for permission to release the info as you have all paid and agreed to keep it private.

If you read the thread below you will understand why theres no point in me becoming a trader with the info I supply. It will get copied and supplied through the forum as all other info does.

I have looked through my recent e-mails for you contact details but I delete them every couple of day to keep my phone clean and working fast. My pm's have been removed so I can't track back through those either.

If any of the paying member do have an issue with this please contact me on my e-mail address the info was sent from and we can discuss it further. Once again sorry about this.

Please read the link below to see why I have done this.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41270

Ok back on track to the guide. I've attached some of the images and step by step guide for you all to use.

All parts were bough from www.maplins.co.uk

PartsList.png

MIRRORDRG3.png

MIRRORDRG2.png

MIRRORDRG1.png

http://www.scribd.com/doc/37735183/Step ... xvokuxrf0p

Alexz

thankyou or posting this, i'm sure many will appreciate this.

if you bought those parts in bulk you could sell them as kits and easily make some money on this. don't use maplins as they are expensive for bulk buying, but a bit of research could see you putting togehter a nice kit.

Looks an excellent guide and thankyou for posting this up :)

I still maintain that you could have easily paid a small trader fee and made a little bit of money from this because there will be quite a few interested in this. But that's water under the bridge now you have made your decision. :)

Firstly alex, I am really annoyed that u have posted this up as I paid a tenner for it.

;):p:teeth::p:p:p:p

Hahaha, only kidding it's a great guide. Nice one for sharing it :thumbs:

Plus u can't buy the cable in store only on the net. And it is easier with the 12 core stuff.

Only thing thats not 100% clear is the bit where your putting a limit switch into the mirror (i think thats what your doing) The rest should be nice and reliable.

The micro switch goes on the inner door handle on the driver door. When the lock button on the inner door handle rocks over it makes the mirrors work if you follow me. This will work with either the remote for key barrel.

Alex

if you bought those parts in bulk you could sell them as kits and easily make some money on this. don't use maplins as they are expensive for bulk buying, but a bit of research could see you putting togehter a nice kit.

As I mentioned in my e-mails to the Mods I dont have the time or funds to order the parts required and make the units up.

This is here now and many people seem happy. I hope I havent upset any of the paying member along the way though.

Bet your glad you dont have a Z to put this back yard mod on lol. ;)

I could always looking into sorting the Honda for you lol...does if have electric mirrors for folding?

Alex

Firstly alex, I am really annoyed that u have posted this up as I paid a tenner for it.

;):p:teeth::p:p:p:p

Hahaha, only kidding it's a great guide. Nice one for sharing it :thumbs:

Plus u can't buy the cable in store only on the net. And it is easier with the 12 core stuff.

Very good man lol

Dude I bought the wire stright over the counter, I think it was mentioned the size of the shop may play a part in this.

Alexz

As I mentioned in my e-mails to the Mods I dont have the time or funds to order the parts required and make the units up.

This is here now and many people seem happy. I hope I havent upset any of the paying member along the way though.

Bet your glad you dont have a Z to put this back yard mod on lol. ;)

I could always looking into sorting the Honda for you lol...does if have electric mirrors for folding?

Alex

i am glad i don't have a Zed anymore, selling it was the best decision i made in a long time :teeth:

its a nice idea but if i was going to do it i would have done it with a microcontrol unit. never got round to it as it was further down my priority list. time and effort of manufuacture compared to overall outlay was not beneficial at the time, because i have a day job i tend to go with the saying "minimal input for maximum output" this mod didn't fit that motto at the time.

as for the honda it doesn't have autofold mirrors. if i need to fold them i'll get out and do it by hand :lol: i might do a microcontrol box for autodipping mirrors on reverse though, but at the end of the day, with the roof off rear visibility is outstanding.

The ipod tape deck hack mod is a child's play compared to this :lol: Even if i had paid a tenner for the guide, i wouldn't know where to start :lol: It's way too complicated for me. I think lots of people here would have been happy to pay u for the labour and parts and installation service..a bit like the what Nurrish is doing with the satnav..

:bang:

I paid the tenner and still haven't got round to doing it. ah well, as mentioned by another member in the thread arguing your traders fee, I can look at it as being an investor to this mod. Maybe I can get a free guide on the auto dipping mirrors if you/your brother get round to working that out? hehe ;)

:thumbs: for posting the guide for all though

Personally I think it's disgusting that I paid £10 for this and now it is free :rant::lol:

:boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:

I expect a freebie on the next electrical magictry :p

I agree that you could have made some money putting it together and charging people for the work, or at least franchised it out to me I would have gone half on the traders fee :thumbs:

If there is anyone local to me that wants help with this let me know and I will help. It is quite confusing but the guide is very good.

I can't drive at the mo but if u wanna pop round your'll be more than welcome.

Sparky

or maybe the first dude to replicate this to their car might just stick up a picture how to step guide for dummies? :D

Haha it doesnt come anymore simple than the guide :p I think out of the members that paid there was only two who rang for help in the early days.

Good idea though with the photo step by step.

Auto dipping mirrors hahahahaha. I darnt do anything else after this :blush:

Thanks for the positive comment and my PMs back Mods :thumbs:

Alex

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the guide! :thumbs: I was just putting everything together on the maplins site when I saw the diagrams and noticed that I have no clue what they are about. I'm too stupid for that stuff :wacko: I know my way around IT networks, but that's about it :blink:

Though I'd be quite happy to pay someone to do it for me, as long as they don't want my youngest son, pink slip and a year's salary (like the Nissan folks usually do).