Wales Sept 10 Pics

ChrisS

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent - wish I was with you but working today - have a great day/weekend out there and be careful in the wet :drive1

Wish I was with them Stan. In my soot chucker cos my zed sonds like a tractor. :thumbdown:

New zorst next week. :yahoo:

Meeting them for tea in half an hour or so then a few more pics.

Rain due at 2.30 to 3.00 :lol:

Looks like the Horseshoe pass to me B)

Yep,two places on the shoe,then the corner outside my local and then on the evo triangle.

Was going to meet them for a cuppa and the take some piccys on the B4501 to Bala.

But it pisssssdddd down and Colin did not phone me as requested. :shrug::shrug:

So no more piccys from me this weekend :thumbdown:

Great pics Chris! Nice one ;)

Wicked day - sunny morning but wet (and a little slippery for me!) afternoon. New tyres on the horizon...

As a new Zed owner, this was my first meet, so turned up only having chatted on the forum. Everyone made me feel very welcome (and had some lovely motors), everything was well organised and the routes were great - lovin the evo triangle - so I can't wait for tomorrow!

Guess who'll be sleeping with big grin tonight :D

As Mattski says what a day for new members, Absolutely cr**ped myself on what Colin calls a spirited drive :scare: after the Saturday drive being my first proper drive in a Z i classed it more like the Dakar Rally :lol:

Seriously though what a great day. what a great drive :drive1 and what a great set of people boys and girls :drunk: . Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome and for sure in the words of the man with the same body as me "ILL BE BACK :D "

PS played crap at golf should of stayed for the Sunday drive :bang::lol:

As Mattski says what a day for new members, Absolutely cr**ped myself on what Colin calls a spirited drive :scare: after the Saturday drive being my first proper drive in a Z i classed it more like the Dakar Rally :lol:

Seriously though what a great day. what a great drive :drive1 and what a great set of people boys and girls :drunk: . Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome and for sure in the words of the man with the same body as me "ILL BE BACK :D "

PS played crap at golf should of stayed for the Sunday drive :bang::lol:

Lol I remember my first spirited drive with the group, had the same effect on me too. Great looking car you have there. Will start saving asap as I've fallen for the 370 big time.

Great pics there, got some nice corner shots.

Nice to see lots of new faces and cars. Had a great day on the Sunday. Thanks again Colin for organising everything and a big thank you to Darren for helping rescue the 370. 5 mins into the drive and I thought something had gone wrong big time. Still, it got back to Hereford in one piece. Now I just have to explain to the dealer how I've managed to knock up 800 miles.

Will post photos tomorrow.

Hope you all had safe trips home and maybe see some of you at the next meet in Stratford. I expect I'll be back in the roadster then .

Thanks again for a great day as always.

a big thank you to Darren for helping rescue the 370. 5 mins into the drive and I thought something had gone wrong big time.

Darren should have an idea about the 370 by now, well the brake lights at least he spent 2 hours looking at mine continuously on.................. :blush:

Well thats when he wasnt driving sideways :lol:

Good to see some new faces, I'm no longer a virgin at Wales so it was nice to see the smiles at the end of the day. Colin is yet to describe is driving exactly how it is, terms such as "Spirited" or "Enjoy the car" normally means that he's not going to hang around.

The Saturday moring was superb for weather, although after lunch it was a bit touch and go, especially with the standing water and heavy rain. Despite this is still was enjoyable as some of the roads in Wales are truly amazing, add to that the views and the company of those who attended made it a superb weekend.

The Moreton Hotel was as succesful as before, despite being told upon check in that I wasn't expected until SUNDAY night!! :scare: They blamed it on the computer system, but after some nice offers to stay in Colin's room I thought it might be best to get our own room - anyone remember May and the noise!! :bang::lol::lol:

Thank you Colin and those who lended a hand to prepare, book, sort, investigate the routes and prepare maps. It's been another great weekend, just wished we'd booked the Sunday night also. Although it only turned out to be a 1 hour 20 journey home!! :drive1

I'd also just like mention that we all managed to escape alive even though the rain was rediculous in the mountains/hills although the benefit being there was a very tiny amount of traffic. Great to see those from recent and was thoroughly enjoyable driving with you all. A good little driving pack has been created, although we may have to work on Darren's driving as he for some reason was always at the back ;):lol:

:thumbs: Great weekend - those who didn't attend I'd recommend you get your names down for the next one - which Colin has agreed to prepare a sunny weekend! :thumbs:

Going to sleep now as I'm knackered!! :sleep:

Pic's will go up tomorrow....

Well, what a great day out and what a really great bunch of people. Both Caroline and myself enjoyed our day out more than we can say, I can't wait for the next event :D Thanks to Colin for all the work he's put into the organising such a well run event. I have to say that I struggled at times (most of the time actually :) ) to keep up. My driving is a bit shall we say rusty, only the second time in 7 years that I've driven over 100 miles in a day, but hey, I least I didn't crash (too often :) ). Kinda funny when I used my local knowledge to arrive back at The Moreton with the main bunch from the opposite direction :) . Also, thanks to Darren for his patience by staying behind me, at times he must have wondered if we'd get back to The Moreton before it got dark. Great route, great cars, great people and great food, what more can you ask for?

Pete

What a great weekend :D Next time we will stay on Sunday as it took nearly 5 hours to get home!!! delays on the M40 from junc 9 to 2 :bang: so had to go the long way round but at least we kept moving, which is soooo important in a Zed!!

Have to say many many many thanks to Colin and Daz for organising and shepherding us around North Wales and thanks to everyone else for making us feel so welcome on our first Zed weekend, Joy was surprised by how much she enjoyed the drive on Sunday but not surprised how much she enjoyed the shopping in Chester on Saturday :surrender::lol:

Looks like it could turn out to be an expensive weekend though, after seeing Neil, James and Chris's cars I think there maybe some additions to mine this winter B)

Again, many thanks to Colin for organising a really great weekend and we're looking forward to catching up with you all again :drive1

G

Spot the shed comp.............

Thats not a nice way to talk about James's car, i mean i know its a bit shabby around the edges but I wouldn't go as far as to call it a shed. :lol:

Was a great weekend as expected. Had some great fun on the Sunday drive, nice to meet up with the old faces and meet a few new ones. Thanks to Colin for his superb organising skills as always. Was a pleasure following Ian around Wales once again but very strange to here Darren likes it at the back these days :wacko:

Thanks again for some great organisation and a brilliant weekend away. Sorry we didnt stay for the final part of the drive on Sunday, but it was going to make it a long drive home otherwise. We will certainly be staying over the Sunday night next time, so we dont have the homeward bound journey or an early start to worry about the next day. An evening in the pub on the Sunday sounds just great :)

Made some good new friends from all the new attendees this time and hopefully will see you all again at the next one - thanks for coming along and taking part in the weekend and making the club what it is. :thumbs:

Looks like another great run out - when Colin say's spirited he really does mean spirited - do not be fooled by the mild mannered exterior when he is behind a steering wheel even light slows down!! :lol:

Dont forget he's been racing for a long time and knows his onions! ;)

Once again I am missing my Zed when I see these pics but happy with our teeny Mixy in the meantime :D

Pleased you guys enjoyed the drives - sorry about the Sunday weather but that's 'Wet Wales' for you :lol:

Really nice to see some new faces out for the drives - hope you will all come back for more next year or try some or come along to some of the other meets/drives that are laid on :)

A big thank-you you to ChrisS who helped sort out some fantastic new roads and then darted about everywhere on the Saturday to get some great pics - my personal favourite Chris and I will get that print you gave me framed :thumbs:

DSCF0649Medium.jpg

Oh, and your buckets are with Moreton reception for you to pick up ;)

Also big thanks to Darren-B, who I delegated as rear gunner on both days without pre-warning him :blush:. Not only 'recovered' slimjim back on route on Saturday but then stopped to help will350z fix his stone issue on the Sunday - wheel off only possible as Darren had his jack to use as the 370's don't get one :doh: I think he enjoyed catching the rest of us up at Bala from what I hear :drive1;):lol:

Enjoyed the little convoy from Surrey with glrnet, Darren-B, will350z, who left us at the M42 to divert to Hereford for your mates wedding. Wasso stepped in and joined us at the M6 toll services having doubted our wisdom of using that route only to become one of the converted :lol: But Will, no bridesmaid with you on the Sunday :bangin:

Sorry it was a bit slow at times on the drives - I was doing my best to shake off the pesky 350's behind me but discretion got the better of me on the wet roads I have to say, but if they were dry... :evil: Mind you a horsebox travelling at 20mph with half a dozen cars behind nose to tail on a 60mph road on the Saturday for about 15 miles didn't help :doh:

I think Moreton Park Lodge/Hotel did us proud again and was really pleased with the Sunday lunch at the Best Western in Betws-y-Coed - the fact the car park was just across the road that they had reserved exclusively for our use at least meant we didn't get too wet.

Didn't get much of a chance to take many pics but here are my efforts:

The convoy on the M40

P1070353.jpg

Will enjoying 'his' new 370

P1070346.jpg

Unscheduled stop before a trip round the EVO triangle

P1070355.jpg

P1070356.jpg

P1070357.jpg

Our regular lay-by stop going towards Ffestiniog

P1070361.jpg

And the car park at the Best Western

P1070363.jpg

P1070364.jpg

P1070365.jpg

P1070366.jpg

P1070367.jpg

I would like to send a couple of good photos of the cars in that carpark (showing the hotel in the background) to the Best Western as they have indicated they may use them in their publicity ;)

It ought not to go unrecorded that we were accommpanied on the Sunday by an Alfa around most of the route, which had come up from Bournemouth to be with us. Said Alfa contained Bruce and Sky (friends of Will) who were there to take pics of us and I know from Bruce's pics at the Port Solent and Wise Old Owl meets recently he is pretty handy behind the lens so am looking forward to seeing his pics. BTW Bruce, I hope that puddle I hit did not soak you :blush:

Oh and finally

Spot the shed comp.............

T9.jpg

Its sitting on my bonnet :lol: