Please don't yawn!

Simon+Kat

I know its not much to most of you guys, but i've dipped my toe into modifying for the first time! My Dad fitted the Scorpion (he owns an MOT station and garage... :yahoo: ), it needed a handful of washers/spacers to make it sit right as the first fitting resulted in it rubbing the paint of inside the cutout where the exit sits. The bumper tuck compiments it well and was easy to do.

The carbon wrap i did myself. I practiced by doing the exhaust heatshields on my R1 motorbike, it took a long time to work the wrap round the curves without any wrinkles, but wasn't too difficult technically. I then moved on to the car, didn't want to do to much, just keep it subtle, so i decided on the b pillars and the mirror mounts. the pillars were a piece of cake, 5 mins, but the mirror mounts took a little more time because of the odd shape.

Anyway, i'm pretty pleased with results.

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

And finally...i just cleaned and waxed it, so.......

DSC_0097.jpg

:yawn:

only kidding, looks really good, am impressed with the mirror mounts, a really nice finish.

if you have some spare you can also do the rear strut brace. you can remove the whole silver bit, which makes it a doddle to wrap. and if you take the badges off first you can reattatch them for a very clean finish. or for uber clean, you can even fill the dimples first before wrapping.

Thanks for the kind comments guys :thumbs:

Mr rtbiscuit....yep, thats my next mission i think, should eliminate the stupid 'ghost' image in the rear screen. I did originally intend to have a go at wrapping the centre console, but i think it would be wrinkle city (no....not Bognor Regis :wheelchair: )!

Very nice job Simon. All you need to do now is get a new REG with your name on not the wifes. :lol:

Well Dave, i did think the '51' bit would be Si as a lot of people call me that, but most people just think ites a '51 reg. Bit of a fail, that :bang: .

It's good having her name on the reg though 'cos then she's under the illusion that it's her car :lol: , so when i spend x amount on new goodies for the Z, it's a 'present' for her ;)

Very nice job Simon. All you need to do now is get a new REG with your name on not the wifes. :lol:

Well Dave, i did think the '51' bit would be Si as a lot of people call me that, but most people just think ites a '51 reg. Bit of a fail, that :bang: .

It's good having her name on the reg though 'cos then she's under the illusion that it's her car :lol: , so when i spend x amount on new goodies for the Z, it's a 'present' for her ;)

I like your thinking :thumbs:

Great mods BTW... looks B)

Good thinking mate!!! I hope she doesn't read this thread though :lol:

The wrapping work really is 1st class. I did the bumper tuck a while back also. Like it a lot. Small tip someone gave me,

Clean it with baby oil, shines up like a shiny thing with ease. :thumbs:

Good thinking mate!!! I hope she doesn't read this thread though :lol:

The wrapping work really is 1st class. I did the bumper tuck a while back also. Like it a lot. Small tip someone gave me,

Clean it with baby oil, shines up like a shiny thing with ease. :thumbs:

My Mum caught me 'cleaning' it with baby oil when i was 14 :blush: ...........oohhhhhh, you mean my exhaust!

The question is, has she fallen for it though, or just tolerating as she quite likes the little mods and trinkets for the Sunset one?! ;)

Does look good. B) Hides the that dull texture that Nissan opted for the wing mirrors and that plastic cover on the B-pillar. :wacko: