Tesco 99 Octane

Swooper

I used it this weekend for the first time and I can confirm I can feel absolutely no difference to Optimax whatsoever! But I imagine it would be difficult to see any difference only using the 'ass dyno' for measurement

My car has an uprev and was mapped on optimax if that has any bearing on things...

I don't think it's any different to the 97 octane that they sold before. If I have to fill up at Esso or Sainsbury's or something with their 97 I don't get any more miles with the 99 than with the 97.

There are different ways of working out the octane value and depending on the method you use the values can be different for exactly the same fuel. As long as you don't use 95 octane you'll be fine.

Yep, its absolutely fine. I actually think mine "feels" at its best running Tesco 99 - although I am sure thats probably all in the mind!

Having said that I have always been put off by "supermarket" fuels and always rated V-Power, but since I had no choice but to put a tank of Tesco 99 in I have stuck with it for a good few months now.

This is worth a read : http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/tuning/Fuel_Test_Results_Update.shtml

I managed to get hold of 102 octane at the Nurburgring....

Had to check with Scott @ Abbey to make sure after remap the car would be okay to use this.

Apparently the increase in Octane to 102 won't give any performance gains, although is a "safer" fuel for the mapping.

Yep, its absolutely fine. I actually think mine "feels" at its best running Tesco 99 - although I am sure thats probably all in the mind!

Having said that I have always been put off by "supermarket" fuels and always rated V-Power, but since I had no choice but to put a tank of Tesco 99 in I have stuck with it for a good few months now.

This is worth a read : http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/tuning/Fuel_Test_Results_Update.shtml

Interesting read actually :thumbs: thanks for that

:doh: Tesco's super has always been 99

not everywhere. it used to be 97 octane in many places. I did note that in larger cities they had the 99 octane but now that it's re branded as momentum I haven't seen the 97 at any of filling stations that used to sell it, seams to be momentum everywhere now.

After reading that thread.....Tesco's it is lol...I use it now but I'm sure the pump says 97...

Alex

You have to remember tesco's is one of their sponsers. :thumbs:

And that TMS have one of the most over-enthusiastic dynos anywhere in the country. Their reputation on the VX board is legendary, as is John's explanations at times (NA cars being strapped down too tight was a classic!).

This petrol has been around for a long time here. Shell is miles away, BP is way overpriced so Tesco has been the fuel of choice!

Don't forget your clubcard points :) I've collected 858 so far this month and will get a money off voucher for £8.50...yay...

which converts to £34 worth of their deals in the magazine you get through each month. Using the vouchers from my parents and ours, in the space of 4 years we have had about £2000 worth of jewlery from Goldsmiths from them including 2 wedding rings.

I use the 99 ron momentum but the first time I saw it had changed I went in and asked them. Better to be safe then sorry

This petrol has been around for a long time here. Shell is miles away, BP is way overpriced so Tesco has been the fuel of choice!

Don't forget your clubcard points :) I've collected 858 so far this month and will get a money off voucher for £8.50...yay...

I have a V-Power card with nearly 1300 points on it but Ive never recieved anything. I selected the vouchers on the V-Power website in my account and everything. The local Tesco's is 2 mins drive from my house but it still supplies the 97ron rather than 99...although for the 10 months ive owned the car ive used V Power for 8 and Tesco for 2 and cant tell any differnce in feel or consumption but Tesco is cheaper.

Alexz