My 350z quick re detail.

tez162003

So a while back I did a 1.5 day detail on my 350z. I never really did the paintwork to my standard, as i had to do it outside :( I find you can never get a decent lighting when being done outside.

So now my workplace has moved to a bigger unit, i can use that for my cleaning. Inside lighting and cant get rained off :)

Anyway, my 350z.

Decided to give it a quick going over just to get the finish a bit better.

So the usual:

> Rinse

> Snow (citrus)

> Rinse

> Wash (TBM)

> Rinse

> Dry

> Clayed a couple of areas, didnt need to do the whole car as it was clayed fairly recently.

> Machined with a Black 3m Pad and Menzerna Final Finish (PO106FA) light refining around most the car, and just concentrated on a few problem areas that were not 100% first time round such as the boot hatch and roof.

> Lime Prime

> 2 layers of supernatural (just about 2, needed to finish the pot off so i can send it off for refilling)

> Wheels off, cleaned and 2 layers of rim wax

> Wheel liners cleaned and dressed. Suspension cleaned, calipers cleaned etc etc

> All leather cleaned and conditioned with Gliptone Products and Brush

> And i even did the job i always forget, hovered the inside with help from...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRVv7Onb-QztzNORmSuPed2wtV8hNUQZu8mYjzuZupCSNfsKg&t=1&usg=__1RAAYNHZqMNxQ0iikWkBULqufUQ=

> Glass was Lime Primed (trust me it works!, removes all water marks and just cleans it perfectly!)

Took about 6(ish) hours

Sods law it started raining just as i finished, so i just went upstairs and went on the internet for a while until it stopped lol. (love being able to clean inside)

Picture time ... :) Just a bunch of finished ones, didnt bother with between shots as it was hardly noticable and you have seen it once before.

DSC08373.jpg

DSC08374.jpg

DSC08375.jpg

DSC08379.jpg

DSC08380.jpg

DSC08381.jpg

DSC08382.jpg

DSC08383.jpg

DSC08385.jpg

DSC08387.jpg

DSC08388.jpg

DSC08390.jpg

DSC08391.jpg

DSC08393.jpg

DSC08394.jpg

DSC08396.jpg

DSC08397.jpg

DSC08398.jpg

DSC08399.jpg

DSC08403.jpg

DSC08405.jpg

DSC08408.jpg

DSC08411.jpg

DSC08412.jpg

DSC08414.jpg

DSC08416.jpg

DSC08417.jpg

DSC08418.jpg

DSC08421.jpg

DSC08422.jpg

DSC08424.jpg

DSC08426.jpg

DSC08427.jpg

DSC08428.jpg

Yeah, it works pretty well on the black plastics i find, I used it on Hugh's engine bay plastics and they came up a treat.

dunno if the actual lime prime works on it though because of the abrassives in it, might try it on the misses car see what happens.

Tez, that's just ridiculous! I would never want to drive my zed again if it looked that incredible! I'd be scared that a molecule of dust would scratch the paint! :lol:

Nice job! :thumbs:

:) cheers, i felt the same, hence i didnt leave work until it had stopped raining and dried up lol

But its got a tad dirty now :( but comes straight off when rinsed as the paintwork is so smooth again.

There is still 2 scratches id like to work at a bit more but i need to find my PDG before i do it, seemed to have misplaced it somewhere :(