• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

STAN!!!!

Where are you!?!

It's your turn to defend the Rex this time!

On a serious note.

PLenty of Zeds for sale out there. Some good, some bloody awful. Be sure to spend time researching and looking around till you find the one you want.

And Welcome (from a former Rex owner of 4 years, and a former Zed owner of 3 years)

Lexx!! If I remember rightly you (or someone with the same nick) was on the RX8 owners club forum too weren't you (one of the none grumpy members ;)

I'm probably being a bit harsh on the old girl in fairness - it was more the overall experiance. Bought it from Arnold Clark (mistake number 1!) and at 23 I thought I was was shelling out 14k on what was going to be the (realistic) car of my dreams........being young and a bit crap at driving I perhaps didn't get the best out of it. After a couple of near death exits from roundabouts (including a near 360 on my first test drive in a brand spanker - an experiance that very near turned my pubes grey with fright) I lost the confidence in its handelling and my ability to drive it.

Lesson 1 learnt - treat powerful rear wheel drive cars with respect!

Car before it was a 2.5v6 cougar which pulled like a train.....I found it a bit tiring to rev it to death every time you wanted to over take. So much went wrong with it too! I must of had at least 3k of warranty work done and I only had it for about 15k.

We've got the Lancer for the vast majority of the daily grind driving and hopefully a Zed for some fun!

Luckily we're in no rush so I'll make sure we bag up a good one rather than jumping at the first horny exhaust note we hear!

Lexx!! If I remember rightly you (or someone with the same nick) was on the RX8 owners club forum too weren't you (one of the none grumpy members ;)

Aye, that'll be me. I used to be one of the most proliffic members over there. Still got some good friends over the too - Speedy36, Druck (groan), Hypo and a few others.

tbh, if you didnt think the RX8 handled that great, you will struggle with a Zed in standard form. (Did you have the standard RE040's on the rear of the Rex? If so, they were a major flaw of the car, and once changed dramatically changed the handling of the car. coincidentaly the Zed also has RE040's on as standard)

The Rex is still one of the best handling cars I've driven, and despite being nearly 100bhp less than my old Zed, I could still push it faster around my favourite twisties as it was so well balanced.

Yep - the RE040's were horrendous! In addition mine had 3 RE040s and 1 Ventus on it to start with!!!!!

Once I changed to Toyo's it was much better but by that point I'd lost confidence in the wet completely so I was always a bit nervous of pushing it - wish I'd had a Pro-Drive day really so I new exactly how far the DSC would let me go.

There is no way I could say that the RX handelling was anything less than amazing (in the dry it was almost unbelieveable)......I think I was just a little 'green' thinking that lobbing 190bhp round a roundabout, with mismatched tyres, in the wet was going to end in anything less than tears.

I had the same reservations about the Zed (expecially given the power jump) initially but after a couple of years behind the wheel of a Merc CLK I have been fully trained in driving a car that handels like a U-Boat!.........besides I keep being told 'Its not YOUR car!'

Managed to find reasonably local (51 miles away) UK spec gunmetal - the fastest colour so I'm told ;) GT on autotrader for £8695 66k FSH and Alzean leather.

Looking at the piccies it has a pop charger, some very pretty alloys and what I think........and I could do with someone confirming........a K1 exhaust.

From what I've read most people didn't really feel the love the for K1 - is it something you can live with or is it just a bit too much?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Also wanted to chip in and say that this does seem to be one of the friendliest car forums about, my old Hyundai forum was less than welcoming and frankly I didn't return that often because of the elitest members who looked down on those who didn't have the Hyundai Coupe SIII :thumbdown:

All signs point to a much more long term membership here :)

I phoned the owner to enquire about this car earlier in the week - was already sold; missed it by 24 hours apparently!

Unlucky mate, that look a tidy car. I am sure one will come along shortly :thumbs:

Also wanted to chip in and say that this does seem to be one of the friendliest car forums about, my old Hyundai forum was less than welcoming and frankly I didn't return that often because of the elitest members who looked down on those who didn't have the Hyundai Coupe SIII :thumbdown:

All signs point to a much more long term membership here :)

I have never been one for forums..... until I joined this one :teeth: Even if I sold my Zed I would still hang around....

.......Sorry all you Coulrophobic's :lol::lol:

I rang him a couple of hours ago........you could tell he was probably getting slightly hacked off with the calls about it!

'Hi I'm ringing abo...

'Its gone mate'

DOH!

Longer we wait the cheaper they get I suppose!

Its a bit harder when your buying an older car thats got the potential to be ropey. When I got the lancer it was easier because they were so new - I literally searched the entire country and whoever was cheapest I travelled too......can't really be doing with driving 150 miles to look at a Zed just to find a pidgeon nesting in the air filter housing or some such dodginess.

Might wait until next weekend and see if the MX5 shifts on autotrader - I've budged it down a bit after trying a 'speculative' price for a week :p

Andlid - only colours she's not keen on are red and silver. Other than that just the best combo of spec and condition we can upto 9k. Private sales are a bit of a problem until we offload the MX5...........we probably should just be patient but its far too exciting for that!

Also wanted to chip in and say that this does seem to be one of the friendliest car forums about, my old Hyundai forum was less than welcoming and frankly I didn't return that often because of the elitest members who looked down on those who didn't have the Hyundai Coupe SIII :thumbdown:!

I had a Hyundai Couple, joined a forum not sure if it was the same one as you but it was complete cack... matched the car imo :lol:

Where about's are you located? I am sure you will have a member or two near you who can go with you to check a car out. Or if its a few miles away check it out for you :thumbs:

I am in Hampshire so PM me if you find anything in my area :teeth:

Where about's are you located? I am sure you will have a member or two near you who can go with you to check a car out. Or if its a few miles away check it out for you :thumbs:

I am in Hampshire so PM me if you find anything in my area :teeth:

Cheers for that mate. We're up in Chester - looks like me and PDean are going to stalking the same cars :starwars:

If we get to a stage where the MX sells and we've got the cash in hand I might spend a couple of weekends touring the country! Luckily we work for the same company and its close enough that I can always run home if needs be.