How nice are you lot!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nah I managed to put a deposit one yesterday - slightly higher mileage than what I wanted, but it was a good spec with full dealer service history and a lot newer than I was expecting to afford :thumbs:

Well done you :thumbs::teeth:

:worthless:

Congrats mate! Nothing better than bagging up a new motor.

I've got some serious issues with the buzz of buying a new car..........doesn't matter how old it is and what I'm swapping it for - if it gets my pulse racing then I can't wait.

What colour did you opt for?

The fastest one :teeth: Gun Metal with Alezan Leather.

No pictures to hand unfortunately since the AutoTrader ad is gone as a result of my deposit.

The driver's seat needs some TLC, possible recovering due to wear, it's not that bad but I'm really fussy :lol: Passenger seat is immaculate though!

Its only a 2005 but has done 83k but was serviced every 6 months by the 1st owner due to the mileage done, all with Nissan from what I'm told too :)

Its from a private seller, he was an absolute legend as I was unable to get time to go view the car being based quite a distance from him, offered to record a video overview of the car for me, showed all that was good/bad (not much bad looking at it) and had a little 'issue' with the bluetooth phone integration not hanging up and getting the number wrong during his demos!

I'm buying blind to a degree, I've done the HPI check and all is good and the owner seems very legit (spoke over the phone for about 2 hours about the car), but at this point all I'm risking is a deposit - I'm going to pick the car up soon as the private reg is off the car - most excited I've been in years! :yahoo:

most excited I've been in years! :yahoo:

Wait till you drive it :scare:

Gunmetal is not the fastest, you just have to drive it fast so nobody notices it :lol:

Hope it all works out well, one bit of advice if the clutch feels heavy don't take any rubbish about them all being like that! If its done 83k it should be on at least its 2nd clutch even if it has really been looked after, if it's the original one then knock him down as you will spend best part of £1k changing it.

Will do thanks for the advice! I've driven another the same age, I remember that the clutch was not that heavy and that the biting point was about half way along the pedal's travel, it was an almost instant transition when it bit too.

Gutted I could not afford the one I linked to - it was in fantastic condition, still - I do prefer the colour of the one I'm buying :D

Sorry its on photobucket in a private gallery - can't link it to here!

Here is a picture of the leather, screen cap from the video - this is the worst part of the car! For the most part just needs a good clean but some of it is a proper repair job I think.

post-6783-135011890522_thumb.jpg

Cheers Paul!

Any have thoughts on me being a bit more open minded with the milage?

The missus really wants a black one (story of my life!). There's one for sale but 80k on the clock. Not particularly excessive for 2003 plate but just wondered how well the engines and other hardware stand up.

A rather bone chilling post above suggests that the clutch is a bit prone to destuction?

There is another black one thats only got 62k on it and is a UK spec - I can't work out why it looks dull!! The paintwork looks very strange on the pics - its as if its been washed with sandpaper!

Might have a buyer from the MX at the weekend so could be making a purchase sooner than expected!

As far as leather seats go, Liquid Leather do a specific colour match for black or alzean in the Z. Ive got some black on order to sort out some scuffs, from what I have read it is fantastic stuff and about £15 for a bottle big enough for 3/4 treatments. Its coming this week so I will post some before and after pics for anyone interested :thumbs: