Meguiars detailing seminar 27th November 2010

Envy Valeting

Martinmac has offered for me to take his place on the list as he can't make it.

Just wanted to update so I can make it :yahoo:

Thanks Martin I owe you a pint.

Additional update: a friend of mine who is car crazy has offered to step in, well actually he jumped in with both feet really excited, to take zugaras place as he can no longer make the seminar :byebye:

Could you put my friend Phil down as my +1 in place of zugara.

Hope this post is sufficient info but if you need more just shout.

Looking forward to it and the drive up :drive1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all.

Yeah as Geo has kindly pointed out Meguiars recommend you print out the Streetmap page too, as well as the post code for your Satnav's as the Industrial Estate is split into 2 and you dont want to end up in the wrong half:)

Please be there ready for 09.30 as its a 10.00 am start.

Have a safe trip and see you tomorrow.

Tim

ps they have a large "seconds bin" of dented products etc so bring some cash ;)

Edited to say 09.30 for a 10.00 start.

If you dont want the free coffee and biscuits before it starts feel free to rock up at 09.59 :p:lol:

Hoping for "ok" weather tomorrow!

:D:thumbs:

I'm half hour away and it's been well below overnight, but no snow as yet. So let's be careful out there :scare:

See you tomorrow guys. :wave:

Thanks to Tim for organising this, I really enjoyed it and it confirmed I'm doing most things right with my car cleaning.

The best bit was seeing the difference a DA makes on swirls and how it takes the strain out of polishing and waxing. I was a bit scared of using one but it's now firmly on my xmas list

Big thanks to tim for organising this event. Was very enjoyable and learnt a lot. I know not be be afraid of claying now, will save some time now too as I'm surprised how quick you can do it, expected it to take all day to clay my car.

It's always good to meet up with the gang too and meet some new faces. Thanks for the convoy and thanks Darren for rescuing phil. He's still getting used to his car and thankfully we checked the car over and there was no damage after his spin and the encounter with the ditch. Phew. He lowered his tyre pressure on the way back after taking some tips from the drift master :#1:

Definitely want to put the da down on the Christmas list. Was very impressed. Poor Darren having your car picked on like that for having all those swirls....tut tut. You really need to learn how to detail properly. :teeth: Good to see you up and about.

Really impressed with meguairs And now got lots of products to look through to see what I actually bought.

Thanks again all and see you next weekend for goodwood.

Oh Darren the shame of having the worst turned out car :blush: but only because mine wasn't black :lol:

I agree Will my Christmas list has got a little longer... if only the DA had been blue and silver Graham would have bought one and I would have been able to borrow it (maybe) :doh:

I was impressed with the guys from Meguiars as they didn't talk down to us like I expected and didn't push all their products on us, they just explained what we should do, showed us what their stuff does do and then said there it is if you want it :thumbs:

Thanks for organising Tim although I expect you have created an army of DIY detailers so I am sure you will get a few orders and maybe a few SOS calls :byebye:

Nice drive back, better than the drive up :cold:

My first post on the 350z forum! Hope you all had safe journeys home.

Thanks for letting me tag along - I feel I really learnt a great deal about looking after paintwork, and also what happens when you accelerate from a roundabout on a damp road in a mid-engined car... thanks again to Darren for assisting me at the roadside - I made it back to Guildford in one piece too :)

Might see some of you at the Goodwood breakfast club next weekend.

+10000000 thanks Tim for giving us the opportunity and access to the light tunnel. Glad in a way my car wasn't chosen despite never being clayed. I can't believe how the tunnel shows the swirl marks so well. It's given me ideas for sure.

A big thanks also to Tom and Jim who were excellent at presenting the seminar and as mentioned without any pressure to purchase, although the polisher had to be purchased and I'll be testing all my new products tomorrow which include a good claying.

It was also great to meet some new faces. Until next weekend!!! Let's hope it doesn't snow!!!!

My first post on the 350z forum! Hope you all had safe journeys home.

Thanks for letting me tag along - I feel I really learnt a great deal about looking after paintwork, and also what happens when you accelerate from a roundabout on a damp road in a mid-engined car... thanks again to Darren for assisting me at the roadside - I made it back to Guildford in one piece too :)

Might see some of you at the Goodwood breakfast club next week.

Man you were lucky from what I heard... I was right at the front so oblivious to it all :wacko:

Glad you had a SAFE journey home :drive1