greased lightning

Zugara

• 1 year later...

holy-thread-revival-batman.jpg

Digging this one up... As my Mothers partner works for the company that owns this... I asked if he knew of any leather cleaning and care products and said about this, and he said about the waterless cleaner product being very good...... The Black XK R being used in the advert is actually the MD's own jag, so shows he has some faith in the product...

I will be getting my hands on some and give feedback on the results, see if it will turn me from using my meguiars that I so love much :) and it will be an honest opinion!

i ve been using for ages now....i like it and it does what it says. B)

+1 I can thank Bob again for showing me this product at the recent Grasshopper meet. For a quick detailer it is freaking awesome, does what it says on the tin.

I think if people think these things replace washing they are deluded, as QD they normally perform alright. I haven't used this one however I'm a big QD fan.

+1

People, please take a minute and do some maths.

1 litre of Greased Lightning = £19.99

1 bulk container of Megs Last Touch (3.78 litres) = £28.45

Once you dilute the Last Touch to 1:1 you effectively doubled the amount to over 7 litres, which ends up being around £4 per litre

7 litres of Greased Lightning = £139.93

I'm sticking to Megs Last Touch :p

I use it in summer when my car is not muddy or particularly dirty.

I really like it.

Nobody bats an eyelid when the concourse lads whip out the meguiars ultimate quick detailer after driving to a show and i think the greased lightning is the better of the two products.

Usefull for dusty wheels as well.

Use common sense though and use as directed.

I used this today, the Showroom Shine.

have to say from what it is and the results it gave... I'm very impressed, there is a fair amount of over spray so i would recommend spraying it all first before wiping off. It lifts the dirt really well, and when you have gone over with the second cloth for the last wipe, its lovely and shiny!!

By all means do not replace it with your pressure washer etc but it makes a good quick alternative when the others are not necessarily available.

The other product I tried from them is lovely leather, gives your leather a nice clean finish and again is something I would recommend :)

Pleased with the result but you get through a lot of solution for 1 car so can get expensive if you are using it for every wash.

I have used it too, and I have to say it’s not bad at all.

You need some confidence and I wouldn’t recommend it on wet surfaces or heavily soiled cars you care about, but if you use it after say it has just rain on your car the minute you have finished cleaning it its great. As a foot note it is fantastic for cleaning windows and plastics ie UPVC window surrounds and high gloss kitchen cupboards. I use it on my motor bike all the time, as it never really get wet or that dirty, but is great for getting the fly's off the from end etc. :)

Was at a mini meet yesterday and saw it in action.

Someone cleaned a panel on a GT-R with Greased Lightning.

Then I asked someone that had Megs Ultimate Quik Detailer to do the panel next to it.

Personally, I couldn't see a difference nor did I feel one when I ran the back of my hand over the surfaces.

My personal choice will remain Megs Last Touch.

Brand whore ;)

But in all fairness it is ridiculous to think you can replace your normal washing stuff with these products, there is no comparison in value for money... The waterless cleaners are expensive but a fantastic alternative where your normal way of washing is not available (shows / hosepipe ban etc)

Im sticking with my megs pour in bucket wash stuff but will use the greased lightning when im feeling lazy or dont have use of a hose pipe and jet washer!

Brand whore ;)

But in all fairness it is ridiculous to think you can replace your normal washing stuff with these products, there is no comparison in value for money... The waterless cleaners are expensive but a fantastic alternative where your normal way of washing is not available (shows / hosepipe ban etc)

Im sticking with my megs pour in bucket wash stuff but will use the greased lightning when im feeling lazy or dont have use of a hose pipe and jet washer!

It's not just being a brand whore tho, it's also basic math (see my previous post in this thread).

But I am only going on what I would do, not telling anybody to do.

:)