business proposal....

mattbowey

after being at jdmallstars today and seeing some awesome stuff like...

http://s1025.photobucket.com/albums/y31 ... V_0055.mp4

(not sure how to embed the vid to the thread so if someone could do that for me below or tell me how i will edit this)

i have decided i would like to start up a drift team, is there any one out there who would be willing to sponsor my team, i will get the training i would need to drive myself but would need sponsorship for tyres and such like consumables.

there were cars there today running 200bhp so i feel the 350 at 280 bhp could be worth a shot. and then maybe make it faster as time goes by...

any thoughts, other than that i am crazy please pitch in

thanks

I think you need to get good before you get sponsorship..... :lol:

Put in the graft now and pay yourself then you can look at sponsorship. If people are willing to give you money now though then fair play to you!

I think you need to get good before you get sponsorship..... :lol:

+1

Get yourself some proper placements in a few competitions and then you can start asking for sponsorship. It's good to have something to show :)

companies need something to sponsor; something thats worthwhile putting a name to.

start to build a reputation, then the sponsors will be easier to secure. you never know you might be lucky and get someoen to sponsor you now, but i think it unlikely.

best of luck with the new hobby :thumbs:

Yes, I say take your own advice.

Oh by the way, if any one wants to sponsor me to be a professional international playboy then get in touch! :thumbs:

to tesco's car park!!!!

not that tesco have anything that might help in the development of an international playboy but it should be empty there this time on a sunday

Oh by the way, if any one wants to sponsor me to be a professional international playboy then get in touch! :thumbs:

I think you need to get good before you get sponsorship..... ;)

a tip; especially if you haven't done it before. don't use the handbrake; theres enough grunt in the zed that you can do it with an opposite lock flick. i'e turn in the wrong direction for the corner and then turn in hard the correct direction; then balance the slide with the steering and the throttle.

to be honest, teco's won't be big enough, go do a track day tester, costs about 50 quid for the day, its meant for track skills but if you want to practice drifitng you can do instead. when i was at north weald last year there were a couple of lads doing it; they were rubbish :lol:

Buy a cheap car to practice in, you WILL hit things in practice ;)

what cheap rear wheel drive could i get with a decent amount of power?

You don't need a load of power, especially not as a beginner.

I'd be looking at a cheap MX5 or S13

I think you need to get good before you get sponsorship..... ;)

Touche......

You going to give me lessons Alex? ;)

Get yourself some track wheels and drift tyres and get some tuition buddy, there's loads of drift tuition places around. Expect alot of wear and tear on your car though. These cars you see at drift comps are very highly spec'd with alot of uprated parts and plenty of time spent getting them set up. Most drift cars are using hydraulic handbrakes etc and once you start spending you won't be able to stop. Good luck mate

Yeah - don't be rushing to dragons den with this one.

Maybe rethink the thread title too:

Business - A commercial activity engaged in as a means of livelihood or profit, or an entity which engages in such activities.

....but while we are here....

Guys, after being at the pub this weekend, I have decided I want to start up a drinking team (think the movie beerfest), is there anyone out there who will be willing to sponsor my team, I am already in training (one step ahead of you matt ;) ) and am in the process of scouting other possible talent to join the team, but i will need sponsorship for consumables (i.e. bar bill for all booze and possibly nuts and crisps)

:lol::lol:

cragus i'll join your beer team :thumbs:

I think you will need to join the English or Australian team mate - not my rules - official beerfest protocol must be adhered too. That and because Husky says you drink beer like a girl :lol::lol:

beerfest_wideweb__470x3110.jpg