Taking my training to the next level

Zedrush

WARNING ONLY ATTEMPT THIS IF YOU ARE AS STUPID AS ME AND HAVE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS FIRST AID AT HAND.

Every monday and tuesday me and 3 mates who fight train at my gym at home. Its pretty intense an example of one session, (this is not a joke this is all done with very very little rest in-between:

5 sets of 40 pushups (feet on swiss ball hands on push up bars)

5 sets 15 reps with 40kg then immediately after 20 reps with 20kg dumbbells in each hand incline bench press

5 sets of 30 jumping hand pushups on a medicine ball

5 sets of 30 sit down and get up with 28kg kettle bell

5 sets 50 swivel arm bars motion from guard position

5 sets 50 with 20 kg kettle bell triceps punch out from your back on the floor

5 sets 40 medicine ball throw against the wall sprawl then throw med ball back again on stand up

5 sets 30 step ups on flat bench 24inch high holding 28kg kettle bell

5 sets 40 swivel sit ups

3 rounds 3 mins full out pad work punching and kicking

Finish of run through woods 1.3miles up and down steep hills.

Now we have been doing this amount in one session every monday and tuesday for past 5 weeks, Wednesday is boxing, thursday is weight training, friday is sambo wrestling and saturday is karate, sunday rest light jog.

We up it and change it every session, never the same work out. But I decided to raise the stakes a little. Do it all as normal but wearing this:

NEW-S10.jpg

:headhurt:

All I can say is that I threw up twice and past out my father luckily put me in recovery position and bought me round. This has taken my training to a whole new level, I didnt complete the work out it restricted my breathing intake by at least 50%, my lungs feel bruised and I couldn't finish. Dangerous... yes, stupid.... yes, but I tell you what If I can do this obviously with the right people around me, come my next fight will be like a breeze. All I can say is that if you are pretty hardcore with your training and want to push to the next level, this is the way forward, dont train by yourself and make sure you are with someone who can bring you round should you pass out. The guys will be introduced to this next week as I needed to recover still, I took it easy tonight and let them go mad whilst I did half. My muscles ache like never before, Will take me to at least Wednesday to recover to a point where I can give my all at boxing.

Here is what the crazy mma fighters are doing in the states and UK:

similar mask:

proper mask:

If you do it let me know how you get on. Sorry for delay on video, will get it finished to give you guys ideas what training you can do at home :thumbs:

Breathing restriction is akin to training in high altitudes. Within reason it is an excellent way of training your body to use oxygen!

A little insane for me but I usually finish off a training session with five 3min sessions of grappling that is enough for me!

Surely a Powerbreathe would be simpler and less sweaty?

As a regular mask wearer at work, I think your bonkers to do it for fun!

reason for mask is cos it also keeps heat in, brilliantly simulates the heat from the lights in the ring and when in a semi guillotine choke or another position which restrict breathing or where your face is smothered it helps you stop freaking out. :thumbs:

Surely a Powerbreathe would be simpler and less sweaty?

As a regular mask wearer at work, I think your bonkers to do it for fun!

reason for mask is cos it also keeps heat in, brilliantly simulates the heat from the lights in the ring and when in a semi guillotine choke or another position which restrict breathing or where your face is smothered it helps you stop freaking out. :thumbs:

Sounds a laugh a minute, you carry on there! :lol:

Breathing restriction is akin to training in high altitudes. Within reason it is an excellent way of training your body to use oxygen!

Not quite, a mask dosen't replicate the reduced air density and pressure of altitude, it just makes you work harder pulling the air in.

Not quite, a mask dosen't replicate the reduced air density and pressure of altitude, it just makes you work harder pulling the air in.

wonder if it would be even harder than a mask at high altitude. I know some mma fighters train high up in the mountains. When i go skiing they always say dont go straight to the top on first day or youll get ill, wonder how much of an impact this has as well

Fook that go to kfc and get a family size bucket .......... enjoy :lol::snack::snack::p

lol seriously bro you need to come down london train with us, you would love it :thumbs:

Dude when i come to london.... we are partying....... not training :lol::lol:

Dunno if I would attempt that Jay, it all looks a bit dangerous! CNS overload to the point of passing out can't be healthy :p Isn't there more traditional methods of training which are just as good? The Thai's have some of the fittest fighters on the planet through their CV workouts!

If you wanna get strong, encorporate body building techniques. If you wanna get fit, then do Thai CV workouts, and if you wanna simulate the breathing and the atmosphere of fighting, then fight...lots!! :lol:

Let me know how you get on mate, and be careful!

I used to train hard but stopped about a year ago and it all went to shut. I Used to do alot of weight training and then ventured to Thai boxing and onto mma. I really need to get back into it. Using your technique seems very interesting and very much a discipline in itself. I would love to be able to overcome all the resistance your putting on your body, coming from a mma style training myself I can see what your trying to achieve where as other who don't won't understand. Good luck with it all mate and keep us updated.

Man, im jealous... :blush: I used to box and train religiously, until a spinal injury in 2008 from football. Now i struggle to walk, and cant do anything like this anymore.

...i started cycling about 8 weeks ago which seems to be helping - but its really sloooow progress... i just want to be able to do this sort of thing again!! :rant:

I know what your trying to achieve here an if you need anymore masks i can get my hands on some as we use them in the Army for training for chemical attacks but not weight training. When i teach other lads about the kit and capabilities i make them play 10 minutes of football wearing the full charcoal suit and mask gloves etc to show them how intense it is with all the kit on and i appreciate what your doing. Only bit of advice that i can give you is that the masks are fitted with various filters which do actually stop alot of airflow and its recommend to remove some but not all of them.

Keep up the hard work though.

i feel extremely fat and unhealthy reading about all this mental exercise. maybe i should start exercising a bit more (ok start at all)

...sod it too the fridge!! :bounce:

...oh nothing there... :thumbdown:

to the shops! :drive1

what to get? hmmm... :wacko:

Home i go! :drive1

Sit down and enjoy.. :snack::snack::snack:

I would add, as regards to filters. Make sure you take out the cap on the filter, or restricting the airflow is exactly what you will do. As you won't get any in at all :lol:

But I have to wear these masks regularily and out of choice I would not train with one on. Having lenses inside them is bad enough when doing tricky jobs let alone doing a gym sesh!

As has been said, it makes my workouts seem tame. I am going to have to raise my game!

That is a pretty intense workout there! I need to get back into training. I play Ice Hockey a couple of times a week but so unfit at the moment due to having a couple of years out.

Lol I use to play ice hockey for bracknell Bees when I was at uni, I absolutely loved it :thumbs:

Like your style Jay ..... :thumbs:

Thats pretty intense but if it keeps you one step ahead of the competition then great... :boxing:

You better not lose now though :lol:

:lol: by the time of the fight I should be so confident ill wear it during the fight :lol::headhurt:

That is a pretty intense workout there! I need to get back into training. I play Ice Hockey a couple of times a week but so unfit at the moment due to having a couple of years out.

Lol I use to play ice hockey for bracknell Bees when I was at uni, I absolutely loved it :thumbs:

Oh nice. How long ago? I was playing at Bracknell a few years back.