Swap section?

OK guys, you have our attention. :)

So what issues may arise from a swap section and how would they be resolved..

I reckon every 'swap' would have to be treated with the same respect as a sale, with current rules already in place. It would be bad to see swaps happening and folk receiving goods of less quality than advertised etc.

The issue of who sends what first and if they are posted at the same time I suppose. With a sale you pay and then only once funds have cleared you send the goods. With a swap you need to ensure both items are sent at the same time. Less protection with a swap than a sale I suppose. Just my opinion. :thumbs:

Hi good idea,

Just my veiw if it goes ahead. The origional poster should receive the goods before he sends the origional advertised goods like a sale I.e cash first. Also a higher post count then the for sale section may help things run smoother along with recorded delivery ,

Also a members feed back system may help .

Hi good idea,

Just my veiw if it goes ahead. The origional poster should receive the goods before he sends the origional advertised goods like a sale I.e cash first. Also a higher post count then the for sale section may help things run smoother along with recorded delivery ,

Also a members feed back system may help .

Member feed back is a great idea, used it on another forum, but I think the forum software version would have to be upgraded to pull that off properly??

Theres the obvious option of swap at meets/in person or people could upload pics of postage receipt or tracker number on forum to prove they've sent goods. There's always going to be an element of trust envolved same as buying goods though.

I like the sound of this! Could work well, does it has to be something for the zed that your swapping or something else, I.E someone has a set of wheels and then I could offer a t.v or something like that for them?

i like the sounds of this although i have nothing to swap :lol:

You could swap that reg plate holder for one that fits mate :lol::lol:

lmao i like my little number plate on big holder u cheeky barsteward lol.... :p:lol:

How about raising the amount of posts of the members who want to swap. Say 300/400 posts maybe even 500. Logic in this is that the more posts you have, the longer and better known you are. I would feel uneasy to swap with someone who ahdnt been around for long.

+1 Great Idea

...... I fancy some new wheels........ I can swap a Grumpy old Rottweiler or a lazy 13yr old? any takers :lol::lol: ..... only joking I would never swap the dog ;)

How about raising the amount of posts of the members who want to swap. Say 300/400 posts maybe even 500. Logic in this is that the more posts you have, the longer and better known you are. I would feel uneasy to swap with someone who ahdnt been around for long.

300+ seems awfully high, I'm only on 80 odd but did come up with the idea, that mean I get special treatment? ;)

also maybe it could be the case that only 1 item needs to be 350Z related, e.g. swapping a set of std wheels for a xbox 360 or something like that? opens the options available to people and would increase the number of posts without opening it to everything and anything (e.g. TV for a dishwasher)

What are the agreed terms of trade/swap?

Rules are at the top of the Swap section, just like the For Sale section. I'm sure these are likely to change as we all get used to it, but its a good start :thumbs: