Blown off by a charabang !!

stesrg

Last night I was on way to the girlfriends "a bit late as usual" :D at about 9ish and up my Jaksie was a oily rag XJ 4 door saloon ,on aproaching a island lorry on the inside and approaching a dule carageway clear road ahead I decided to loose this bumper toucher ! :blush: so 2nd round island :drive1 pullaway fast 6000 change 3 flat out then fourth and he passes me :scare: he hardly made it as I out braked him on approach off some slow traffic , I courtlyous let him in as he was on the other side of the road !! once cleared he was off again My z could not touch him but keep it a few car lengths in front Hmmmm would have liked to see him on some corners though :p

on that note I need to get my power upgrades done lol ....

Ste .

Why are people suprised when they realise that the zed isn't the fastest thing on the road? :wacko:

:lol::lol: I know. I mean it's quick enough but it's not seriously fast.

Also, what the hell's a charabang??????

I'm not down with this chav talk.... ;)

The XJR in a straight line is pretty quick. Its a wallowy barge the rest of the time though :lol:

The XKR and XFR are a lot quicker, and they can handle the twisties better than the usual barges too. As with the other threads on this sort of topic, there are so many variables. Put even a half decent driver in a Zed, and it will probably have my fezza in the twisties with me behind the wheel, as I drive like miss daisy and dont want to stack my car up when I run out of talent.

there has been an influx of posts recentley regarding street racing with more powerful cars, then the utter shock of getting beaten. They are usually followed by a different post asking "how can I make my zed faster so I can beat a M3 / charabang(?) / lambo / jet fighter (delete as appropiate)"

surely its not all about out and out speed with the zed but more about styling and handling.

come on guys the zeds a beautifull car to drive dont stack it.

if you wont to test it to the full hit a track...

It's even worse when people assume they need more power to be faster... Try getting some decent brakes, some decent rubber and some driver training and then you'll soon realise that the Zed is more than capable of being quick enough when you get the basics right. Just adding another 100bhp won't suddenly make it leave a decent driver in an sporty car for dust.

Why are people suprised when they realise that the zed isn't the fastest thing on the road? :wacko:

zed tinted spectacles :lol:

its never bothered me that some cars are quicker; for me its how you get there not how quickly.

there are some really out and out quick cars to buy for not alot of cash, but they are completely uninteresting to drive and give no real enjoyment in the drive.the zed is really well balanced with a nice smooth torque curve; it should make for really pleasurable b road and twistie driving.

yet most people only seemed bothered about how quick in a straight line it goes (not aimed at the op) going fast in a straight line takes very little talent, going fast round a corner takes a lot more.

Ive had faster

The WRX STI I had was one of the fastest things ive ever been in...

I hated it after 3 months... a ball ache to drive..changing gear every 5 seconds and was a bit chavvy :blush:

The Zed is a cruiser... Drive slow and look cool B) (its the new going fast) :thumbs:

No one looks at people tazzing around streets really fast and think they look cool :dry: They look at them and say "what a wan ker, he's probably got a small ****-a-doodle doo"

It's even worse when people assume they need more power to be faster... Try getting some decent brakes, some decent rubber and some driver training and then you'll soon realise that the Zed is more than capable of being quick enough when you get the basics right. Just adding another 100bhp won't suddenly make it leave a decent driver in an sporty car for dust.

lol.. was only streight line race though :blush: anyway I once owned a old sunbeam alpine and that was faster around churbourough than my TVR !! sunbeam was highly modded though 150whp :p yes love to sprint and track days as they say ben their done that got the "T" Shirt ;)

yes love the z but IMO It needs 350bhp and some uprated brakes and suspension this would make me very happy however will spoil the car ... for the money I paid for mine quidds in ;)

Ste .

All so true, we could of all bought 400bhp scoobies for £4k plus money left over for some nice chavy baseball caps, :lol: We just have good taste and enjoy a proper drivers car. Especially when the roads get twisty and without having to break the law ;)