Highest NA Numbers?

Demolition49

the Fontana car is very impressive - 3.8 Cosworth kit, dry sump, just the engineering that went into the engine position is pretty trick

the RJN motors as well - amazing equipment, tons of power. There are a few other firms out there as well that do full race spec engines (none of whom are on any message boards ;) ) - I'd love to find out just a bit about what they know, but sadly, they are in a whole different league unto themselves.

in the end, I'm very happy with my car as a whole, as it gives me exactly what I wanted - balance.

Calculated at 17.3 average loss on a manual transmission I got nearly bang on 250WHP 240WTQ..

TBH I dont think its worth doing a top dyno results for N/A as there are so many variables for such a little HP difference.

For example Mark got 270WHP and I got 250WHP - mine may have been done on a really hot day on texaco 95ron, strapped down really hard and marks may have been a damp morning and strapped lightly running shell optimax 99ron - I would have thought you can gain nearly 20hp in that alone. Thats not even taking into accound dyno and operator errors.

(I'm not saying that is the case, it was just an example)

p.s. Adams car is :cloud9: LUUUUSH

I would'nt worry over the figures Ian as is the perceptible improvement that matters.

I got 270WHP and 285lb/ft with AEM CAI, K-1 exhaust (bungs on), Japseed y-pipe, UTEC ECU , Berk HFCs, Motodyne MREV 2 & 5/16th spacer and D1 spec controller thrown in the mix :thumbs:

The D1 controller did not make any power whether on or off but off, the car felt as responsive :scare: So with Uprev the 100% throttle openning is key and the smoothing out of the torque and power curves counts for massive percieved crisper drive and overall improvement B)

I later sold the Berks, MREV2 and AEM because I want to run factory Vortech SC setup which i was planning to get at the time. I took the car back to Thor for the UTEC fine tune where i only lost 8WHP and 12lb/ft of torque....go figure!

I did not feel any losses with those items off and the D1 set at sp7 still made the car feel like it had 300WHP :p

Lesson learnt for me was: Uprev even with no mods will be worth it anytime and if you don't want to spend that much just get a D1 controller :teeth: To get more smiles you need to improve handling and braking after that its FI or serious NA all of which are big bucks.

I would'nt worry over the figures Ian as is the perceptible improvement that matters.

I got 270WHP and 285lb/ft with AEM CAI, K-1 exhaust (bungs on), Japseed y-pipe, UTEC ECU , Berk HFCs, Motodyne MREV 2 & 5/16th spacer and D1 spec controller thrown in the mix :thumbs:

The D1 controller did not make any power whether on or off but off, the car felt as responsive :scare: So with Uprev the 100% throttle openning is key and the smoothing out of the torque and power curves counts for massive percieved crisper drive and overall improvement B)

I later sold the Berks, MREV2 and AEM because I want to run factory Vortech SC setup which i was planning to get at the time. I took the car back to Thor for the UTEC fine tune where i only lost 8WHP and 12lb/ft of torque....go figure!

I did not feel any losses with those items off and the D1 set at sp7 still made the car feel like it had 300WHP :p

Lesson learnt for me was: Uprev even with no mods will be worth it anytime and if you don't want to spend that much just get a D1 controller :teeth: To get more smiles you need to improve handling and braking after that its FI or serious NA all of which are big bucks.

270 exactly?

dyno sheet :evil:

I have the highest NA numbers - oh whoops wrong section ;)

As the others have said, in these cars all on different dyno's you can't really compare them, the differnces can be put down to dyno variance, hard to say who is higher unless it's on the same dyno at the same time. Added to that it's not all about peak power. The 370 peak power isnt much more than the latest 350 but it has a much flatter torque curve which makes a very noticable difference on the road.

270 exactly?

270.1 FYI :blink:

Look in the appropriate section :p :

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24431

Going back to your original question NA leader board with graphs -within the forum(All adjusted at 17% estimated transmissionloss from FWHP where necessary to avoid :blackeye:):

:#1: Dcash 274.4WHP JDM

2-3FIDDY 272.2WHP - VQ35DE

3-GT4 Zed 270.1WHP - VQ35DE revup

4-Andlid 265.4 WHP - VQ35DE

5-Jcor 263.8WHP - VQ35HR (no mods)

6-Clazba 262WHP - VQ35DE JDM

7-Rich5259 257.8WHP -VQ35DE (No mods)

8-IanS16 251.9WHP - VQ35DE JDM

9-rdsprint 252.5 - VQ35DE revup (no mods)

10-Lincolnbagie 250WHP -VQ35DE

11-Ekona 242WHP - VQ35DE

As covered several times the peak power means little but rather than the response and smoothness post remapping.

The mods are inconsistent with the power made as expected and some dyno overread while different conditions give different results but in all the dynopack is most consistent irespective of dyno the loss are around 17%. Mark was always right ;)

I feel for a Stage1 DE car I would go for the following

06 Airbox with a HKS filter

Berks De-cats

Motordyne XYZ Y pipe with either silencer or CAT fitted

Stock exhaust ( I feel this will flows enough air)

UPREV reflash.

The above set up I feel with give the most gain ( this will become a package deal from me)

Then I would fit headers and possibly a system ( weather your stock system falls aparts or you just want something a little more noisy) and a 5/16 spacer and Ignen filter kit and a map tweak , this I feel will give over 300bhp @ the flywheel with a big gain in mid-range torque. Might be worth try a Mrev on the above kit to see if it is worth trying.

Mark

270 exactly?

270.1 FYI :blink:

Look in the appropriate section :p :

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24431

Going back to your original question NA leader board with graphs -within the forum(All adjusted at 17% estimated transmissionloss from FWHP where necessary to avoid :blackeye:):

:#1: Dcash 274.4WHP JDM

11-Ekona 242WHP - VQ35DE

As covered several times the peak power means little but rather than the response and smoothness post remapping.

The mods are inconsistent with the power made as expected and some dyno overread while different conditions give different results but in all the dynopack is most consistent irespective of dyno the loss are around 17%. Mark was always right ;)

I feel for a Stage1 DE car I would go for the following

06 Airbox with a HKS filter

Berks De-cats

Motordyne XYZ Y pipe with either silencer or CAT fitted

Stock exhaust ( I feel this will flows enough air)

UPREV reflash.

The above set up I feel with give the most gain ( this will become a package deal from me)

Then I would fit headers and possibly a system ( weather your stock system falls aparts or you just want something a little more noisy) and a 5/16 spacer and Ignen filter kit and a map tweak , this I feel will give over 300bhp @ the flywheel with a big gain in mid-range torque. Might be worth try a Mrev on the above kit to see if it is worth trying.

Mark

Could you do torque too? :p

1: Dcash 274.4WHP JDM

11-Ekona 242WHP - VQ35DE revup

List edited to make mine seem even more pitiful :lol:

1: Dcash 274.4WHP JDM

11-Ian 242WHP - VQ35DE

12-Ekona 242WHP - VQ35DE revup

I did it only for fun and to shut some people up ;) . I'm not sure if the 17% loss would apply to torque at the wheels but i can give it a try unless some one knows better. Please correct me :thumbs:

:#1: Dcash 274.4WHP VQ35DE JDM

11-Ian 246.5WHP - VQ35DE

12-Ekona 242WHP - VQ35DE revup

Ian i did not add you or Dave as you have joined the dark side. But if you insist B)

Dave has to retune his zed.