Highest NA Numbers?

Demolition49

Who has the most powerful NA car here?

Obviously comparing the same engine types...

I.E 02-06 with 02-06

06 with 06

07+ with 07+

UPDATE - Without changing internals + Changed Internals figures would be nice to have aswell...

Please provide Dyno Sheets.

The list So far:

1-Greekman 282.7WHP - VQ35HR

2-Mr Lizard 278WHP - VQ35DE revup

3-Dcash 274.4WHP - VQ35DE JDM

4-3FIDDY 272.2WHP - VQ35DE

5-GT4 Zed 270.1WHP - VQ35DE revup

6-Andlid 265.4 WHP - VQ35DE

7-Jcor 263.8WHP - VQ35HR (no mods)

8-Clazba 262WHP - VQ35DE JDM

9-Rich5259 257.8WHP -VQ35DE (No mods)

10-Bladesgrant 252.6 - VQ35DE

11-rdsprint 252.5 - VQ35DE revup (no mods)

12-IanS16 251.9WHP - VQ35DE JDM

13-Lincolnbagie 250WHP -VQ35DE

14-Pingu2 249.3 - VQ35DE

15-Ian 246.5WHP - VQ35DE

16-Toon Chris 242.3WHP - VQ35DE

17-Ekona 242WHP - VQ35DE revup

This is a spec I had from his car (cant remember when though, probably not up to date any more), when it was at 320WHP - and its NA ;)

Internals:

Weisco Pistons (.020 over stock)

Eagle rods

ARP rod bolts

Fully balanced and blueprinted - not only balanced as individual components, but also balanced as a rotating assembly

OE Nissan bearings

Full Ported and polished heads

5 angle valve job (stock Nissan valves)

Tomei 268 cams (268 duration, 10.5mm lift)

NISMO valvesprings

NISMO headgaskets

Lots of time spent porting stock, non rev up lower plenum -we logged over 100 hours between the heads and plenum, going off recommendations from MCR Japan, as well as things we found on our own.

Motordyne 1/4 inch spacer

Unorthodox underdriven crank pulley

New: water pump, rev up oil pump, idler pullies (OEM)

Final Compression checked in at 11.3:1

Misc Power Stuff:

Gruppe-M Carbon intake

3 inch MAF housing

Crawford headers

HKS DLI II

NGK Iridium Plugs (LFR6AIX-11_

Sun Hyper Ground

Fujitsubo Y pipe

Fujitsubo Legalis R Titanium exhaust

Resonated test pipes

Drivetrain:

OS Giken Super Single Clutch/Flywheel with Aluminum cover

3.9 final drive

Cusco RS LSD

NISMO finned diff cover

In Europe I suspect RJN will have it at 400bhp but thats a fully built engine worth £20k

In order to be competetive in britcar/gtcup i ill need to get more power out of mine which 'power V weight' cant be too bad at the moment, will be letting abbey loose nearer the end of the year on that one. tony has some good ideas as it will need to be reliable, all will be documented.

This is a spec I had from his car (cant remember when though, probably not up to date any more), when it was at 320WHP - and its NA ;)

Internals:

Weisco Pistons (.020 over stock)

Eagle rods

ARP rod bolts

Fully balanced and blueprinted - not only balanced as individual components, but also balanced as a rotating assembly

OE Nissan bearings

Full Ported and polished heads

5 angle valve job (stock Nissan valves)

Tomei 268 cams (268 duration, 10.5mm lift)

NISMO valvesprings

NISMO headgaskets

Lots of time spent porting stock, non rev up lower plenum -we logged over 100 hours between the heads and plenum, going off recommendations from MCR Japan, as well as things we found on our own.

Motordyne 1/4 inch spacer

Unorthodox underdriven crank pulley

New: water pump, rev up oil pump, idler pullies (OEM)

Final Compression checked in at 11.3:1

Misc Power Stuff:

Gruppe-M Carbon intake

3 inch MAF housing

Crawford headers

HKS DLI II

NGK Iridium Plugs (LFR6AIX-11_

Sun Hyper Ground

Fujitsubo Y pipe

Fujitsubo Legalis R Titanium exhaust

Resonated test pipes

Drivetrain:

OS Giken Super Single Clutch/Flywheel with Aluminum cover

3.9 final drive

Cusco RS LSD

NISMO finned diff cover

Best sounding zed I've heard. That list looks costly :scare:

In Europe I suspect RJN will have it at 400bhp but thats a fully built engine worth £20k

In order to be competetive in britcar/gtcup i ill need to get more power out of mine which 'power V weight' cant be too bad at the moment, will be letting abbey loose nearer the end of the year on that one. tony has some good ideas as it will need to be reliable, all will be documented.

does it need to be a VQ engine? What can you do with it? wooohooo :bounce: HR engine 4 sure... what else? ah go on!

just imagine the cost of that... and now someone (wizard) sits with SC doing MORE power then that once fitted! :scare:

Yes but the way Adams car will drive will be greatly different to someone who has gone FI. It will rev much much quicker and generally be more responsive. Its not all about headline figures as we always say ;)

just imagine the cost of that... and now someone (wizard) sits with SC doing MORE power then that once fitted! :scare:

cost isn't as bad as one would think for that list - though it did cost a fair amount, I've done it over time, engine wise since 2006 (winter) when we started the build, and completed it in summer 2007. So, it's amortized over time, as money/time allowed. I have owned many FI cars in the past, and had never done a full NA setup, and since I utterly love my Z, I just wanted to try something new and learn in the process. Overall, out of all the cars I've owned/modded and still own, this is my favorite. I absolutely adore it!

currently, lots of changes have been made from that setup

Cosworth manifold

Haltech with Racepak dash

converted to throttle cable from drive by wire, using 75mm throttle body

larger intake setup (custom, though we'll be making changes in the future)

new pumpkin with Quaife LSD and custom 4.3 final drive

Peak power went up a few, peak torque went up about 10 ft lbs now from before thanks to VTC mapping (which we were not previously able to do on the UTEC)

As for the supercharged cars, I can easily walk away from one...literally. The s/c kits on a Z work great - HKS, Vortech, etc. Easy to fit, work great on a stock engine, reliable, and put down nice power. However, these are on stock engines, so max rpm is limited to stock redline. My car redlines currently at 8400, and makes power all the way to the end. Torque stays nearly flat to 8k where it now trails off just slightly at redline. So, while the Vortech etc car makes a higher peak number, I have nearly 2000 rpm more, per gear, of peak power available to me. Coupled with the shorter final drive gears (previously 3.9, now 4.3) and the car has that power at immediate disposal, without any "spool' time (the Vortech kit in particular tends to make its power higher in the rev range, HKS is more of a mid range setup). The car is more akin to driving a GT3 now in terms of how/where it makes it's power, than it is a Zed

There are some changes we plan in the future as well to try to eek a bit more power out of her. The next step really would be a more dramatic cam, and possibly a different header, though I really want to just explore the limits of the current setup as I've very happy with the overall performance, and it's been spot on reliable now (15k miles and counting)

As for the highest NA power without doing internals, the 07 + will always make more than the previous cars due simply to better overall internals, more aggressive cams, etc. Peak power on a DE (revup or non) is realistically limited to around 280 whp on a dynojet (other dynos may read differently, lot's of variables involved)

Yes but the way Adams car will drive will be greatly different to someone who has gone FI. It will rev much much quicker and generally be more responsive. Its not all about headline figures as we always say ;)

very true but I know which one I'd prefer, must be an FI head :D any keep this thread on track :p

very true but I know which one I'd prefer, must be an FI head :D any keep this thread on track :p

After seeing Adams car, I'm thinking id rather have his than a SC, is that strange?

Man that's impressive!

After seeing Adams car, I'm thinking id rather have his than a SC, is that strange?

Man that's impressive!

Not at all as I said, best sounding Zed possibly in the world for me.

Adam did keep us updated and the car is exactly what he wanted. Modding is individual and I'm sure Adam said 'anyone can bolt on an SC or turbo kit'

I LOVE his style.

I think RJN also have NA race engines for sale that will make 450HP if you wanted.

GTM also sell a complete race engine with 400HP

But the fontana nissan race car takes the biscuit at 470Hp/335lbft (albeit its a 3.8L DE cosworth stroker) :scare:

I still think Adam's car has the best balance in the real world and i would rather that too over a non forged FI build. But a forged built SC will win my vote any day over a built TT ;)

Links to fontana:

https://www.fontananissanracing.com/Chassis_Build.html

https://www.fontananissanracing.com/Body_Build.html

https://www.fontananissanracing.com/Eng ... art_1.html

https://www.fontananissanracing.com/Eng ... art_2.html

https://www.fontananissanracing.com/Eng ... art_3.html

https://www.fontananissanracing.com/350 ... nsion.html

I think the OP likes discussions anyway, is this going to be another of his threads locked :lol::lol:

But just to dispute i would rather Adams over FI, the way that thing must pull would be insane!