BEWARE IPHONE 4 BUYERS

Zedrush

Apple launched today the ability to preorder iphone, I was abouts to purchase 32gb phone online when I skimmed over the words micro-sim. Iphone 4 will not take your current simcard will only accept micro sim. So I then called the following o2, orange and vodaphone and they said that you will not have the ability to change your current simcard to a micro simcard, only way to get a micro sim card is to get a new contract. I then called up apple and said what is the point in selling a phone sim free when the only sims that will work in it are ones you have to buy with new contract, (apparently pay as you go sim cards will not be available till end of year) not sure how true this is. :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Currently orange are offering following:

iphone 4 16gb - £29.00

iphone 4 32gb - £139.00

2 year contract - £45 p/m

1200 mins

unlimited text

750mb month internet (unlimited)

Think 02 are following suit not checked vodaphone yet

Looks like im gonna take out another contract now as mine is not up till next year :doh:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iphone is a fashion accessory and its purely designed so the money grabbing b******* at apple get make a lot of money. get a phone using the latest android operating system and you will be much happier, plus....

-you cant get 4g so whats the point, 3g coverage doesnt even cover the full country

-you cant bluetooth videos

-you have to buy songs from itunes on your iphone to use as your ringtone even if you have already bought the song on your itunes on your computer.

-if you buy songs on itunes, you have to back them up - why cant you just log in and it know what you have bought? it works for steam!

-apple remove thousands of apps a day from the store for pathetic reasons, should it not be the choice of the user and not apple about what they want on there iphone?

I heard that you could upgrade for £15, as long as you extended your contract for a further 24 months?

Dont know how true this is, as it was just hearsay from a friend. Havent checked it yet. If its just £15, and I can extend my contract then fine, Im happy with the contract Ive got and for £15 then the extra features may be a nice to have. Any more than that and Its not worth it.

-you have to buy songs from itunes on your iphone to use as your ringtone even if you have already bought the song on your itunes on your computer.

Wrong :D

Try I-ringer buddy

Its free and its brilliant for selecting any part of the track you want to create a ring tone from with a 30 second loop plus fade in and fade out whoop whoop

:D

I was told yesterday by O2 that they are not taking pre orders.So will have to wait till the 24th.

o2 are not taking preorders, vodaphone will be tomo and orange are today.

Vodafone leaked out their prices earlier and if still true tomo, looks like they will be the cheapest than the others for a 32gb iphone:

iphone4_black-460.png

£89 instead of £139 as quoted by orange and o2 on same tarrif

Looks like I was being fed rubbish with this upgrade for £15 lark.

The best I can find is that you can upgrade for £20 for each full month you have left on your current contract - 12 months left, £240 to upgrade. One month left, £20 to upgrade etc etc.

Seems the same for business accounts as it is for other accounts too - I did think it sounded very cheap for anything with an apple badge on it. :dry:

Looks like I was being fed rubbish with this upgrade for £15 lark.

The best I can find is that you can upgrade for £20 for each full month you have left on your current contract - 12 months left, £240 to upgrade. One month left, £20 to upgrade etc etc.

Seems the same for business accounts as it is for other accounts too - I did think it sounded very cheap for anything with an apple badge on it. :dry:

I have about 2 months left on my contract. i might upgrade if its that cheap. will have to look into it.

guys your wrong about 02 not taking preorders....ish

text date to 21302

and it will tell you what type of "member" you are.

basically you pay £20 per month you have left on contract to move on to iphone4g if you want to upgrade.

You can then register your interest - not put down any money yet.

That's not pre ordering,it's registering your intrest in the phone.This will then drip feed info upto release date.

I phoned them yesterday and they told me I can only buy it on release date.

Yep said same to me but vodafone said they should be up and running tomo for presale orders B)

plus 02 are restricting their internet service on the contract will be halved than what you get with vodafone and orange, crazy if this is true :wacko:

I currently get unlimited data on the iPhone on the business plan, of they drop that then they can shove it, as I use it all the time.

best double check mate, apparently 02 are going to be reducing their broadband usage to their customers no longer having unlimited not sure how true this is.

Update, just read that even if you cut your sim car to become micro sim size you will be able to use iphone but wont be able to access all the features as their are certain encoding features on the micro sim that is not avcailbale on the larger sims, not sure on the validity of this either. :dry: