BEWARE IPHONE 4 BUYERS

Zedrush

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a topic on Cheapest way to get Iphone 4

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/23062010/389/ch ... one-4.html

Oh and tesco piggy back on the O2 as a mobile virtual netowrk operator!

My contracts not up till next year so have purchased the phone instead, hope there will be no implications when I cut my sim card to fit in the micro sim area :headhurt:

You should be able to change it with your network provider if you go into a shop or call up! So no need to cut up SIM! They will just reprovision your number to the new SIM card :thumbs:

My contracts not up till next year so have purchased the phone instead, hope there will be no implications when I cut my sim card to fit in the micro sim area :headhurt:

You should be able to change it with your network provider if you go into a shop or call up! So no need to cut up SIM! They will just reprovision your number to the new SIM card :thumbs:

no can do as new iphone is micro SIM only. cannot transfer from old sim to new and so either need to take out new contract (PAYG or Monthly) or cut it down to size. :thumbs:

Stayed up this morn after my night shift with a plan to get the iPhone 4.The 02 shop was opening at 8,got there at 7.50 only to find about 50 people queing outside. :scare:

Turned straight round and went home to bed.Phoned up this afternoon and everywhere has sold out until Tuesday.

Will have to wait until then.

no can do as new iphone is micro SIM only. cannot transfer from old sim to new and so either need to take out new contract (PAYG or Monthly) or cut it down to size. :thumbs:

I know it is micro sim hence if you call up your network provider or going to a shop they will be able to provide a micro sim for you and transfer your number on to it

Stayed up this morn after my night shift with a plan to get the iPhone 4.The 02 shop was opening at 8,got there at 7.50 only to find about 50 people queing outside. :scare:

Turned straight round and went home to bed.Phoned up this afternoon and everywhere has sold out until Tuesday.

Will have to wait until then.

I finished a night shift, got outside o2 at 06:50.....I was 5th in the queue! :teeth:

• 5 weeks later...

Couldn't be arsed to start a new thread so I thought I'd add it here......

I have a 3g Iphone and hardly use it for what its intended (I have only downloaded two apps :blush: )

But now its annoying me slightly:

1) Is there anyway of speeding it up bar upgrading? Accessing the internet and some of the menus seems to take at age at times.....

2) How do you delete apps?

1) Is there anyway of speeding it up bar upgrading? Accessing the internet and some of the menus seems to take at age at times.....

Rebooting regularly seems to help as it frees the memory up (used to use SBSettings tools to do this on my old jailbroken phone)

2) How do you delete apps?

Hold any App icon till they start dancing, then just hit the little x in the corner to delete it ( or delete while connected to iTunes )

Are there any 'free' sat nav apps? I'm too tight to pay £60 for it :lol:

I got a cheap one and its rubbish. Get your wallet out tight-wad! :p

Oh and don't download OS4 because its right royally fooked up my iphone 3G. :thumbdown:

i've just switched my 3g off, as i now have my new HTC desire

what are your first impressions then?

very different to the iphone, i've got very used to the iphone and knew where everything is, am now re learning the new phone. the HTC feels a bit more... dare i say.... grown up. but the iphone is just one of those phoens you can pick up and just use. its a very instinctive phone.

speed wise the HTC is a lot quicker than my old 3G screen is better as well, but then i am comparing to the older style iphone not the new 4g.

give me a couple of weeks and ask me again then. when i've had to use it properly for a while and got some apps downloaded onto it.