My new beast. She's mine!!! - update page 2

Lexx

Ok. Pics uploaded.

The problems with the other dealer I wont go into. But basically I walked outta there in disgust this morning cancelling the deal, drove all the way to Loughborough, test drove, and placed deposit on a black 09 VXR8 with 4200 miles on the clock for £24500.

Photo0547.jpg

Photo0546.jpg

Photo0549.jpg

I cant say how greatly surprised I was by the dealer here. Archie Moss. They bent over backwards, and they stayed behind till after 7pm to make sure it was all sorted for me and nothign was left to chance.

I think I actually like them better in black! especially when Im finished!

I reckon tomorrow the black one will be cancelled and you will have photo's of another one in yellow or something :lol::lol:

Or back to TT'ing the zed :lol:

:headhurt:

Surprised you didnt jump on chance to tell me to return a £16.5k Zed to standard tbh!

yeah, though not much better like

but the VXR8 itself was considerable cheaper. And I was a little paranoid about the white one with it originally being a press car, and it being sideways - alot.

Looking good Lexx, can't wait for a poke around in it and can't wait for some more pics and a detailed report on what it is like :thumbs:

Are you selling all your bit (guitar, light cluster and gear stick) so you can afford the petrol for the first few days? :)

very nice.

I rather like the new vauxhall insignia vxr. See what quite often near where I live. Just needs a bit louder exhaust.

2009-vauxhall-insignia-vxr-front-side-588x331.jpg

Archie Moss are flogging these with delivery milage for £25k.

Didnt drive one, but had a good mooch around, and have to say they come with alot of kit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad you didn't go for the white one.

I work for a Vauxhall dealer so I'm on VXRonline all the time and I saw your thread recently.

A while ago, we were selling them for £22,888 and there were a very very limited amount in white. Circa 5-7 in white, 90 odd in Evoke, 110 in Phantom Black etc.

Because of that, white is fairly rare and dealers charge the earth for them.

Regarding Insignia VXR's, Archie Moss are indeed knocking them out at £25k ish. But they bought 30 odd a few months ago and they have spent a while trying to shift them so if anyone was tempted with one, haggle, they really need to get rid of them.

Oh, and don't kerb Insignia VXR 20's if you can help it. They're a bitch to refurb and cost £427+VAT (ish) each new.

• 5 weeks later...