Newby from Derby

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm pretty new to the Z scene. Bought her in February and I must say I absolutely love driving her, they are awsome cars aren't they!

A few weeks back I put her on a rolling road, just to see how she was running (took her to a very reputable place that we have used before as we've heard horror stories about some). It did raise a few questions though. She's standard on a 56 plate, the guy there said she was running perfect but she only made 267bhp. I say only - that is more than enough for me really but I did think on the 2006 model I'd get something nearer 300bhp. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas on the difference. My other half thinks it's due to the fact she is coming up to needing her next service and with a new filter, new oil etc she'll be nearer 300bhp.

BTW I took her to Croft race circuit last weekend with the Derbyshire RS Owners Club (my other half has a Focus RS) and got the opportunity to put her on track just for a couple of sessions ...

100_0802.jpg100_0797.jpg

she was absolutely faultness and really stood her own. Silly to track her when I'm worried about her running right I know but couldn't resist!

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Getting 267 out of a three year old car isn't that bad even when stock was 296. TBH its good it shows no-ones been messing around modding her - we've had some newbies recently who have had terrible shocks when they've found out what their highly modded new zed is really running at.

Now she's had a proper blast round a track to clear away the cobwebs and you're going to look after her properly you might find a slight- as in 10bhp- increase but doubtful you'll get back up to the 296 mark without a bit of tuning.

Have a gander at the servicing section re panel filters - these show the best results with your engine - stick a flush through the engine and put some 5w40 or 10w40 (fully synth) in and bobs yer uncle ;)

Now you'll get the track bug! :thumbs:

Cheers Vik - yeah you make a good point, the last owner drove her very carefully, you could tell from the tyres. I'll take your advise with the panel filters, flush through and the oil (no idea what is in her now TBH) and obviously the tlc.

Tlc you can count on actually, she has a few stone chips and a few bumps here and there. I've booked her into a local bodyshop (ex Chartwells guy) to sort her out. I think tracking her will be a rare event lol

Cheers Vik - yeah you make a good point, the last owner drove her very carefully, you could tell from the tyres. I'll take your advise with the panel filters, flush through and the oil (no idea what is in her now TBH) and obviously the tlc.

Tlc you can count on actually, she has a few stone chips and a few bumps here and there. I've booked her into a local bodyshop (ex Chartwells guy) to sort her out. I think tracking her will be a rare event lol

:welcome:

Tim at Opie Oils does NOT recommend flushing the oil

Alright youth..

Im from the land of Derby too :thumbs:

Does your Mrs drive your car ? I waved at a woman driving a 56 plate zed on Pride Park last week but she never waved back

:dry::lol::lol:

Where abouts are you ?

Hey Tarmac - that must have been me! (I am the missus lol) Really sorry I didn't wave though - how rude hey! I must have been in a world of my own (very likely). Was you in your Zed?

I live Littleover way. If you ever see a gunmetal grey z on a 56 going sideways round the Islands at Pride Park - well that's the hubbie. Bless him lol he's gonna cost me a fortune in tyres :doh:

Why?!

Why?!

Have a look here Vik

viewtopic.php?f=121&t=36586&p=550257&hilit=+flushing#p550257

Hmmm interesting :shrug:

My service history shows the engine's been flushed at every service using Forte....I haven't done a flush yet but then because I've done 17k miles she's had three oil changes & a P2 in the last 12 months ;) However, I've got a Forte treatment ready for the next service and I will be using it :)

Hi & :welcome: to the forum. So many factors can make a difference including the dyno. I got 273 from my 276 when we did a dyno day, we never found out what whp was though as the computer got fried by Ians' K1. What fuel you putting in?

Hi Maccaman,

I always fill her with super. Sometimes v-power but mostly the stuff from Sainsbury's.

Alright youth..

Im from the land of Derby too :thumbs:

Does your Mrs drive your car ? I waved at a woman driving a 56 plate zed on Pride Park last week but she never waved back

:dry::lol::lol:

Where abouts are you ?

Hey Tarmac - that must have been me! (I am the missus lol) Really sorry I didn't wave though - how rude hey! I must have been in a world of my own (very likely). Was you in your Zed?

I live Littleover way. If you ever see a gunmetal grey z on a 56 going sideways round the Islands at Pride Park - well that's the hubbie. Bless him lol he's gonna cost me a fortune in tyres :doh:

:lol::lol:

Yeah I work on Pride Park and often go sideways on roundabouts too :lol::thumbs:

Make sure you both wave in future :dry::lol: