Got My S2K

rtbiscuit

as all may be aware, i was changing cars, well i finally picked it up today, only been in for about half an hour, got it at 5 pm today. been really impressed with it. its a very different beast than the zed, but one that i think is really going to grow more and more on me. had chance to go for a proper drive without the dealership navigator. thought i'd share my views so far

the cabin is alot smaller, but i actually like it, every thing is right in front of you and its a bit like an f1 cockpit.

the transmission tunnel is so much better. it sits slightly taller and my arm rests so much better on it. and the gear stick is right under your hand. if you though tthe zed gear change was slick, the S box is like a bolt action rifle.

i think the interior material choices are much better than the zed, and to me it feels a bit more grown up. dash is a little retro but i actually prefer it to the dials of the zed.

the engine revving is good. yes it lacks the torque and pull of the zed, but i think it actually feels faster, partly because your closer to the ground but also the extra noise from revving etc.

need to spend more time with it to get a better idea, but i've actually been more excited about this car than i was over the zed. i didn't even look back at the zed when i drove off. i suppose i really did fall out of love with her. and ive been more excited like a little kid than i ever was with the zed as well. i'm not saying i dont like the zed as i do and it was and is a fantastic car. but i had a few setbacks and niggles with the car that kind of tainted the ownership for me.

i think the S is a lot more raw than the zed, just in general driver interaction. the ride is harder, more noises etc, but thats partly to do with me still having the hard top on from getting it all home.

give me a couple of weeks and i'll be able to tell you more.

any questions please ask.

as for the dealership i bought from i'd just like to say how much of a pleasnat experience dealing with them was. they are a family run business and have just been really nice. i had a lfew things i wanted sorted on the new car (little niggles etc) they have sorted them all, including a new key fob, machine polishing the paint and a geo check and adjustment. i also get free mot's for the duration of my ownership and a good warranty period as well.

what was a real suprise was the bottle of wine as a thankyou. not many new car dealerships do that kind of thing these days, let alone a second hand dealership.

Tbh mate it sounds like your trying to convince yourself that the S2K is a great car. I've driven one and out of all the hairdresses cars I'd rate it high but like I've said I do think it's a step down for you. I reckon it will bore you having to thrash the pants off it to get anywhere. I had a similar transition from a Supra to CTR, the CTR lasted 3 months before it drove me nuts.

I wish you well and time will tell whether I'm right or not my friend but I do think you will fall out of love a lot quicker with this one.

:D

sorry tarmac, have to disagree, not trying to convince myself, as i already know this is the better car for me. i wrote this as a review, so was just trying to be critical. originally typed it for someone else who is also thinking of swapping and wanted an honest feedback. most of what i wrote was cut and paste from what i'd said to them.

i'm not going to try and defend my choice as this is after all a 350z forum, so people will be extremely biased.

for me this is a lot closer to what i had woth my old MR2, and the only reason i sold it was because i blew the engine. after repairing it i didn't feel the same.

persoanlly i think the S2K is far more track orientated than the Zed, its not as heavy and feels more nimble and i can;t wait to get it out on the track

sorry tarmac, have to disagree, not trying to convince myself, as i already know this is the better car for me. i wrote this as a review, so was just trying to be critical. originally typed it for someone else who is also thinking of swapping and wanted an honest feedback. most of what i wrote was cut and paste from what i'd said to them.

i'm not going to try and defend my choice as this is after all a 350z forum, so people will be extremely biased.

for me this is a lot closer to what i had woth my old MR2, and the only reason i sold it was because i blew the engine. after repairing it i didn't feel the same.

persoanlly i think the S2K is far more track orientated than the Zed, its not as heavy and feels more nimble and i can;t wait to get it out on the track

Please let us know when that will be Rich.... If you go to a track day you will notice how few there are on the track, and once you been on the track in it you will know why ;) And thats speaking from experience too!

Also hows it biased? Most people on the forums are petrol heads and enjoy cars... Got to agree with Sparky too!

So negative tarmac.....

I drove one and loved it. But had fallen for the zed at this point. Great car and good luck!

Good choice of colour too.

I'm not being negative I'm just giving Rich my opinion, me and Rich are mates away from the forum and hes as blunt with me as I am being with him. At the end of the day my opinions mean nothing as long as he is happy. We will still have a beer as mates and in a years time he will probably prove me wrong and good on him if he does. I'm just talking from my experiences.

Have you still got that cover by the way ?

by the time i got back there wasn't enough light for pictures. will do some over the weekend, and maybe tomorrow.

Aye aye Biscuitboy....I have seen the pics!

Hey boys!!! :lol::lol:

ff2-2.jpg

On a serious note, all the best with the new car mate!

:lol: no worries guys, i'm not taking offense, the biased comment was more to do with the fact that when we get people asking the forum "which car should i buy its between the zed, or a TT or a Z4" everyone on here has a zed, very few people are going to turn round and say, "nah mate the zeds ok, but i'd get the new micra convertible"

i know were all petrol heads, its why i've stuck around. plenty of zed and non zed banter.

tarmac i look ofrward to catching up soon, and i;'ll take you for a spin.

as for how long i keep it ... who knows... non of my cars have lasted longer than 18 months. if i have it longer than that then you'll all know its a good car.

My best mate bought a Bright Red S2000 with massive 20'' Rims the same time i got my Z....still cannot believe how much noise a VTEC engine makes at 9K RPM, and it does look good with the hood down on a sunny day, I dont think he'll ever get tired of girls coming up to him asking about it B) Still I can out drag him every time in the Z, and i've yet to spin my Z on a public roundabout at 20mph :lol:

Two very different cars, even though both are 2 seater, front engined, rear wheel drive sports car, am your enjoy the S2000 :thumbs:

:worthless:

My best mate bought a Bright Red S2000 with massive 20'' Rims the same time i got my Z....still cannot believe how much noise a VTEC engine makes at 9K RPM, and it does look good with the hood down on a sunny day, I dont think he'll ever get tired of girls coming up to him asking about it B) Still I can out drag him every time in the Z, and i've yet to spin my Z on a public roundabout at 20mph :lol:

Two very different cars, even though both are 2 seater, front engined, rear wheel drive sports car, am your enjoy the S2000 :thumbs:

:worthless:

I don't think Rich needs to worry about the girls ;)

Some of the pics hes posted are quite worrying :surrender:

:p