Ditch the spare??

chrisjones6699

yes ditched it for two tyre cans :lol:

tbh though the zed has good weight distribution so unless you are replacing it with something it will probably worsen handling :shrug:

+1 on the weight distribution. I was contemplating putting a foam insert with a toolkit and tyre can in, should be a bit closer to the spares weight.

tbh though the zed has good weight distribution so unless you are replacing it with something it will probably worsen handling :shrug:

+1 on the weight distribution. I was contemplating putting a foam insert with a toolkit and tyre can in, should be a bit closer to the spares weight.

is there any point if your keeping the same weight? at least make it useful like fitting nos bottles :lol: or amps or something other than a bad replacement for something that works better and weighs the same :lol:

is there any point if your keeping the same weight? at least make it useful like fitting nos bottles :lol: or amps or something other than a bad replacement for something that works better and weighs the same :lol:

i was thinking audio stuff etc yes :)

The 370 comes with a can and no spare.

Mine dosen't any more as it has a spare, so I am carying more weight but when I go to th depths of Wales and Scotland I feel a whole lot more at ease knowing I can get home if I have a puncture. :thumbs:

If you have anything other than a very basic puncture there is a good chance the 'air in a can jobby' won't get you home. :thumbdown:

And for those who rely on the breakdown services -if you are in a poor signal area you may have a long wait........... :shrug:

Mine dosen't any more as it has a spare, so I am carying more weight but when I go to th depths of Wales and Scotland I feel a whole lot more at ease knowing I can get home if I have a puncture. :thumbs:

If you have anything other than a very basic puncture there is a good chance the 'air in a can jobby' won't get you home. :thumbdown:

And for those who rely on the breakdown services -if you are in a poor signal area you may have a long wait........... :shrug:

+1

+1

+2 - but if someone does want to lose the spare wheel, I'm more than happy to have it :thumbs:

Ditched my spare wheel ages ago and i think it has been good think from handling and weight saving perspective. I have got 2 cans and never had to use them :p

Note: if you have 19" then the spare wheel is useless anyway ;) Unless you can source 19" re-lacement or get after market space savers with a compressor like the Porkers.

Chris make me an offer for the spare :D

Ditched my spare wheel ages ago and i think it has been good think from handling and weight saving perspective. I have got 2 cans and never had to use them :p

Note: if you have 19" then the spare wheel is useless anyway ;) Unless you can source 19" re-lacement or get after market space savers with a compressor like the Porkers.

Will probably be useless if you have a BBK aswell ;)

Will probably be useless if you have a BBK aswell ;)

That true, well noted :clap:

• 2 months later...

I think there could be an opportunity here....

Think of all the people that have sold their Zed for 'family' reasons, i.e. only room for 2.

Surely someone could develop a spare wheel recess child seat?

I'm already on the Dragon's Den website :yahoo:

Bring it on Ballantyne :boxing:

easy

lift mat

remove spare

lift mat

throw in child

drop mat

squish down like wheelie bin lid

Exactly although to comply with H&S I would probably make a hole in the mat...

H&S is over rated :D

How much does the spare weigh??

Normal wheels are 20-25kg so lets say a spacesaver is about 16kg... Car plus driver is at about 1600kg...

So the spacesaver is only 1% of the cars weight! There's 750kg sitting on the back wheels and the spare is only 2% of that.

Fuel level makes a bigger difference... The petrol in a full tank weighs over 50kg

Normal wheels are 20-25kg so lets say a spacesaver is about 16kg... Car plus driver is at about 1600kg...

So the spacesaver is only 1% of the cars weight! There's 750kg sitting on the back wheels and the spare is only 2% of that.

Fuel level makes a bigger difference... The petrol in a full tank weighs over 50kg

Cheers thats the sort of answer i was after!!

Spacesaver wont be more than 10kg with the tools i wouldnt think.

on a roadster almost doubles the boot space tho.