AAaaarrrgggghhh Speedbumps!!

Jenni86

I picked my car up on Saturday after having a VS3 kt fitted, painted and finished nicely.

RSCN0767.JPG

I drove it over the lowest speedbump and this happened

DSCN0775.JPG

This is the culprit

DSCN0774.JPG

To cut a long story short, I've been in touch with the carpark company and they've asked if I can email photo's of the damage.

They'll send that of to their insurance company and hopefully they'll be able to fix this!!

Why do people feel the need to put speedbumps everywhere? :rant:

I was only going to Halfrauds to get alco wipes to put these in my window

DSCN0780.JPG

I'll keep you informed of my progress.

Rant over :D

Dont start me on speedbumps. :headhurt: The anoying thing to me is that they just wing it and use what they want so there is no indication of how sever they are. I am a lot more chilled about them now but I hate it when I feel the car making contact with them.

They serve no purpose and damage cars.

My standard Honda Civic old model grounds out on the ones in Barrow. :rant:

It would be a great result if they paid for repairs, keep us posted. :thumbs:

PS, I have lost track of how many times I have used google maps to check for them. :lol:

That speed bump looks quite innocuous as well ......... btw have you left the backing sheet on your vinyl ?

Probably, was too p**sed off too finish it :lol:

Car isn't lowered at all, just the kit. You cant see the damage unless you get on the floor and have a look, just annoying though.

Yep the VS3 will do that to you, although I have been over larger speed bumps than that appears. Sometimes I just need to go very slowly and P everyone off behind me. Not to bad if you can see it from the front but you are going to have the car in the bodyshop a lot if you are planning on having it repaired everytime.

Car looks very cool by the way! :thumbs:

Have a look under my car sometime, I dont. :blush:

I have a couple of things missing were I have hit speed bumps and lost stuff :lol:

:blush:

I've got stuck on bumps a few times :lol: I ripped the gaskets out of my exhaust getting stuck in cribbs

First question when I book a hotel, nothing to do with the food or the rooms, do you have any speedbumps.

Unfortunately I booked a very nice pub for zedfest two years ago and asked the question. No she said. I arrived in the village and had a very nasty shock, chav car city with no chance of getting in.

I asked about them after walking about a mile to the hotel and got... "Oh, you mean the ramps". :surrender:

Speaking of lowered cars and Zedfest I did get a kick after Muddy and I inching out of there with lots of planks being used. There was a queue behind us including a guy towing a caravan who was playing hell at getting slowed down.. :lol:

Yep the VS3 will do that to you, although I have been over larger speed bumps than that appears. Sometimes I just need to go very slowly and P everyone off behind me. Not to bad if you can see it from the front but you are going to have the car in the bodyshop a lot if you are planning on having it repaired everytime.

Car looks very cool by the way! :thumbs:

+1 have the same issue, absolutely smacked the Sh17 out of it Friday night on what seemed to be a relatively small hump, made a terrible noise, but i think the paint is so thick it didnt do anything :lol:

Speaking of lowered cars and Zedfest I did get a kick after Muddy and I inching out of there with lots of planks being used. There was a queue behind us including a guy towing a caravan who was playing hell at getting slowed down.. :lol:

Poetic justice :D