GTR VS Lexus LFA supercar

GT4 Zed

for small change compared to the lexus you could easily beat it with a few mods and have plenty of meoney left over for something else

a helmet and a good life insurance... :lol:

If they ever drop the VRT over here and I'm still alive I'm getting one of them as my family cage soon enough :lol::teeth:

my concern with the GTR is its built to a budget, and all those parts are being pushed to their limits.

a gear box is well over 15k

its fitted with a black box, if you buy one 2nd hand and still in warranty but the previous owner used launch control and then the engine blows when you have it. the warranty is void due to the launch control usage.

theres the issue of minor impacts setting off the detonating pins in the hood. wasn't that like a 10K fix.

i think nissan have done a great job with the car but it is in my opinion built right on the edge of their capabilities and the cars engineeering capabilities.

if i had the cash i'd have the LFA

love the dash in it, but th eLFA is hugely over priced for what it is

..............its fitted with a black box, if you buy one 2nd hand and still in warranty but the previous owner used launch control and then the engine blows when you have it. the warranty is void due to the launch control usage..........................

This does not hold true anymore Rich ;) If using the launch control results in DCT or GB damage you are covered so far as you take the extra/optional Nissan warranty. AFAIK its about 3k per yr :surrender:

Also, before they change to the above your warranty was voided if you used the launch control excessively or beyond reason noty that if you used it at all :p

Anyway why do you need launch control? Its still a sub 4 sec car without it ;)

For £300k+, I'd be in a Zonda B)

Have to agree. And if you have that much money kicking about, you would have a GTR too just because you can. Hypercars arent just about the performance, they are about the rarity ;) We were at the Reading Jap meet last night and there were 3 white R35s, even 350z are less common!

my concern with the GTR is its built to a budget, and all those parts are being pushed to their limits.

a gear box is well over 15k

its fitted with a black box, if you buy one 2nd hand and still in warranty but the previous owner used launch control and then the engine blows when you have it. the warranty is void due to the launch control usage.

theres the issue of minor impacts setting off the detonating pins in the hood. wasn't that like a 10K fix.

i think nissan have done a great job with the car but it is in my opinion built right on the edge of their capabilities and the cars engineeering capabilities.

if i had the cash i'd have the LFA

love the dash in it, but th eLFA is hugely over priced for what it is

Whoa Whoa Whoa! Dude i have one GTR project to show you...

Please read the description! .... Nuff said!

http://www.youtube.com/user/SamuraiSpee ... 27VMeSrJas

Or maybe you should look at the switzer p800 Gtr....

The transmission can be uprated and fixed for ALOT less than 15k... please see this vid!

http://www.youtube.com/user/SamuraiSpee ... rr8UUuoNcE

I rest my case!

GTR IS an awesome car and so underrated with alot of crap floating around about it! (Not having a go at you by the way RT :lol: )

get your point demo, just going on the info i previously had. i don't follow the GTR stuff as i'm not interested, so i suppose my info is a little out of date.

that original price was for a dealership replacement box.

how much did samurai spend to get that power?

are these services available in the UK?

appreciate the GTR for what it is, but if i had the money, i;d spend a bit more than the GTR and get a lambo Gayardo. its a dream car. unlike the GTR.

get your point demo, just going on the info i previously had. i don't follow the GTR stuff as i'm not interested, so i suppose my info is a little out of date.

that original price was for a dealership replacement box.

how much did samurai spend to get that power?

are these services available in the UK?

appreciate the GTR for what it is, but if i had the money, i;d spend a bit more than the GTR and get a lambo Gayardo. its a dream car. unlike the GTR.

No idea how much samurai spent but the mods were as follows:

HKS GT570 kit. Cats removed, running stock exhaust.

If i remember i think total cost is around 10k $ maybe less... id have to check it out! Not alot for that kind of power!

Yes you can get that kit installed in the UK but havn't looked in to it with too much detail as old man doesnt want his GTR to be any faster hes quite scared as it is :lol:

Yes agreed a lambo is nice (also my dream car) but i think my old man is tad bit... well old for that! and plus for the money you cant beat a GTR on a track.

EDIT:

And trust me, its an amazing car, every car i get in now feels extremely slow! You have to see it/get to know it in the flesh to appreciate it!

For the price of the GTR, I'd still have a 911 as it comes with a proper gearbox and stick. Having been on track with one it's impressive to watch it monster along, but inside it's just not that involving.

If the Lexus has been built to their usual standards (and it appears to have been) then it will become a genuine daily use hypercar. Nothing else in that price range will require as little servicing and looking after as the LFA (Zondas, Koenigseggs, CGTs, SLRs etc) and for that reason alone it may well become a definitive drivers car for those wealthy people that actually drive their cars and not just look at them.

For the price of the GTR, I'd still have a 911 as it comes with a proper gearbox and stick. Having been on track with one it's impressive to watch it monster along, but inside it's just not that involving.

If the Lexus has been built to their usual standards (and it appears to have been) then it will become a genuine daily use hypercar. Nothing else in that price range will require as little servicing and looking after as the LFA (Zondas, Koenigseggs, CGTs, SLRs etc) and for that reason alone it may well become a definitive drivers car for those wealthy people that actually drive their cars and not just look at them.

If I was spending a few hundred thousand pounds on a car, I wouldn't give a monkey's as to how often it needs servicing. I'd get a Zonda instead any day as once you get to those levels of performance, Zonda's styling wins it hands down for me.

I'd care. I'd want to drive the thing every single day, and if it spent all the time in the workshop being fixed/serviced I'd soon get bored and move on. I see where you're coming from though, and realistically the majority of people who buy the car will feel the same as they'll use it rarely and pamper it instead of driving it, which is such a shame.

I'd care. I'd want to drive the thing every single day, and if it spent all the time in the workshop being fixed/serviced I'd soon get bored and move on. I see where you're coming from though, and realistically the majority of people who buy the car will feel the same as they'll use it rarely and pamper it instead of driving it, which is such a shame.

The solution is to buy one and get two spares for breaking and park them at your garage of choice. As soon as something breaks, you go and sort it same day :thumbs: