GTR VS Lexus LFA supercar

GT4 Zed

I'd care. I'd want to drive the thing every single day, and if it spent all the time in the workshop being fixed/serviced I'd soon get bored and move on. I see where you're coming from though, and realistically the majority of people who buy the car will feel the same as they'll use it rarely and pamper it instead of driving it, which is such a shame.

This is a very salient point. When you have a special car that costs a hell of a lot of money, its sooooooooo hard to separate the urge to drive it every single day and cherish it like your daughters virginity.

You get addicted to driving it cos its sooooo good but realise that by doing so you are actually damaging the car/ownership experience due to the additional miles, further depreciation, stone chips etc and each mile is costing you more and more in servicing and consumables like tyres and clutches let alone petrol etc.

I promised myself that I'd only drive it on the weekend and buy a second car, i didn't. I set my insurance up to do 5k a year, i did 3k in the first 6 weeks.

Its a hard conundrum to decipher. Buy it and look at it in your garage, thinking you could have done something else with the cash or drive it and enjoy it, knowing that with every mile its losing its 'x-factor'........

Personally, in a sadistic way, i like the way Zonda's and the like have to be sent to the factory to be serviced. It adds to the mystique imo. If I could afford a £330k+ car I'd like to think I'd have a few other toys in the garage to keep me occupied for a month or two!

One would imagine the LFA would probably come with the normal Toyota reliability (not thinking about footwell carpets, accelerators and such), as apposed to the normal super fragile supercar. Either way, interesting.