winds of change, need help

rtbiscuit

i own the zed out right, payed cash 2 years ago. have no finance outstanding.

i don't want to loose my creature comforts, i like leather seats, i want air con, and i want a fun drive.

selling the zed would clear those, and the fact i wouldn't be paying interest on said debt would put me straight so having another performance ca ris not an issue.

or one possible is the Alfa GTV always loved them

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

save money you say?

alfa's aren;t that bad.

and the interiors are lush.

two friends of mine bought alfas, quite new ones, one has spent 4k getting it rebuilt so he could sell it, the other guys is still in the shop waiting to be finished and billed to him.

or one possible is the Alfa GTV always loved them

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

save money you say?

alfa's aren;t that bad.

and the interiors are lush.

+1 a 156/159/GT with red momo leather mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I had one before the Zed and no probs .... just keep the cam belt fresh

i don't want to loose my creature comforts, i like leather seats, i want air con, and i want a fun drive.

182 it is then :)

your talk of the mr2's got me thinking and you can pick up a high milegae s2000 just in what i was looking at spending.

your talk of the mr2's got me thinking and you can pick up a high milegae s2000 just in what i was looking at spending.

you may die though...

you may die though...

no different to my 2 ownership. lack of traction control is no biggie for me

IMO Alfa s are too unreliable i had one 4 yrs old and spent money after money getting it repaired normally electrical faults, I sold it and it broke down and needed a new gearbox only 6yrs old an 60k miles :thumbdown: . Have you looked at interest free credit cards keep moving the money around and you'll only pay the initial 3% balance transfer fee. Alos lots of cards are doing 12months 0% interest on purchases.Good way of having interest free loans :thumbs:

Sorry to hear this.

IMO, if you need to get rid of a sports car, then get the most sensible thing you can. A compromise will cost you more than a diesel eco warrior and still not give you the performance or looks you want. So take the hit, save a load of cash in insurance, tax and fuel and then come back sooner with another Zed mate. And I am speaking from experience mate :) Hope you can find a way to avoid it at all of course :thumbs:

mods will be going

will be selling

the wheels (for a swap of other rays) plus a little cash in hand

double din headunit

exhaust

and CAI

if someone wanted the body kit would sell that as well.

might be tempted to strip to stock and PX it in

i'm thinking S2000, its a honda and as long as its been serviced well then they are bullet proof. fun to drive and no need to mod.

and it gives me back the soft top motoring that i miss

Surprised at this Rich, as you know I'm in a similar situation so I thought you might have mentioned it. I love the Zed more than any car I've ever owned but I've got a new family to think about and you probably won't be too far behind me.

I just joined the Supra forum but not sure, like people say once you get the modding bug your hooked so I've also been looking at 03 reg mondeo ST220s , they have got all the luxury but a bit of grunt too and you can pick them up between 4 & 5k.

I think we need a lads night ! Got any inset days next month ? Let's go to towers and then get hammered at Huskys if he's ok with it !

:drunk:

Seems to be a bit of a theme, some if the most avid modders suddenly looking to sell up, just shows you what we all know really that it's an expensive business that gives you very little money back too.

Really hope you manage to sort things out and keep the car as you have obviously spent so much time and effort on it.

I agree with some of what has been said above, if you do sell then don't get a similar but older, lesser sports car, go for a year or so of cheap motoring that way you can get sorted even quicker.

All the best whatever way you go, and whatever happens you better stay around here!

Sorry to hear this Rich, Im also selling up, for different reasons but its still as difficult.

If you are looking for fun for your money then MX5 is the only way to go, I know they are a bit hairdressery but honestly try one, they are a hoot.

R

i definietly think the s2000 is the way to go. it gives me everything i want, keeps me in budget, is reliable, and i don't need to buy old. when it was mentioned it gave me the epiphany moment i had been missing.

and it will stick my finances back to where they need to be.

sorry to Tarmac for not saying anything, but i haven't really talked to anyone about it.

defo up for a lads night.

am going to strip mods off it. stick the car on here. but most likely it will get PX'd in.

How about this:

You own the car outright as you have bought it cash, so why not declare it SORN for the time being and store it until times get better.

And get a sh1tbox for the time being, that way you won't give up your Zed and have something to look forward to once your finances recover.

It will motivate you everytime when you see the Zed in storage to find ways of saving money and/or finding ways to make money.

Not a quick fix I know.

Just a suggestion

there has to be another way!!!

should we try a keep biscuits zed fund raiser?? try and get everyone on here to donate a £1

or sponsor him for something outrageous :shrug:

its squat all to do with money, the mans got the itch