off to rs next weds for a remap

showtime1

id say its pointless getting a remap with a k&n, do it properly and get the rest of the mods first then the remap will make a real differance, or where u planning on getting a remap after every mod? expensive???

I would have thought that Paul should be able to gain between 10 and 20 bhp. Reading what is said above there is some argument in waiting until you have your mods done but then again you will get the throttle restriction removed( saves the buying of a d1 throttle controller). The cone filter looses you power so the k&n panel filter should be good, really unless you are going to go down the plenum spacer, decats and expensive exhaust route and even at that you are talking minimal gains (5-7hp at most) you will notice an amazing difference when Paul has finished with your standard car.

Its not standard mapping he uses but specific to your 350 and you may find as I did that the original map in the car was not achieving its full potential anyway.

On a personal note I was not trying to squeeze every last bhp out of the engine but wanted to improve what I thought was an already good car

Again dont be disapointed in the initial readings of the dyno as it has been said RS dyno reads low anyway. Its the difference in the readings from start to completion that counts and be prepared for your Z to do at least 20-30 power runs until Paul is happy

I would say unless you have some very enclosed heat shielding with a decent cold air feed you will probably loose power due to just drawing in more hot air than with a std filter, had a short intake like K&N on my 350GT, i now have an extended intake with the filter down in the front bumper air intake, which helps intake temps.

One reason cone filters can loose you power is down to the intake design inside, look for one with a radioused (trumpet like) intake, surprising how much difference this can make.

06+ airbox with performance airfilter
Not meaning to hijack the thread in anyway but while where on the subject' date=' does anybody have any idea what induction kit produces the most power for the Z?[/quote']

Mine's 06 but it's the pre-facelift model.

So get a panel filter and you're good to go!

Not meaning to hijack the thread in anyway but while where on the subject' date=' does anybody have any idea what induction kit produces the most power for the Z?[/quote']

So get a panel filter and you're good to go!

Pre facelift so he will still have the DE engine & not the rev up ;)

id say its pointless getting a remap with a k&n, do it properly and get the rest of the mods first then the remap will make a real differance, or where u planning on getting a remap after every mod? expensive???

im not really doing any more performance mods i spent 6k on the tt ,the wife would hang me if i spent too much