Latest thing I filmed

Zedrush

Hi guys as some of you know I started up filming as a hobby. Had access to a camera for little over a year now and started as a raw beginner thinking all to filming is point and press record... how wrong I was. Little did I know about the plethora of learning and information needed to start this. In total over the year Ive filmed only about 6 times as work has been manic. But my new years resolution was and is to do more filming and really try and be creative with it.

So heres another film well music video for a friend, filmed directed and edited by me, was enjoyable to filmed.

Still learning all the aspects so go easy on me lol.

As said anyone want me to do a little film of their car Id be more than happy to, any experience for me to shoot helps.

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKeMLQuOZyM

Hellllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooo Holly!

Seriously though, that is one pro looking video. It really brings something to and compliments the song. I liked both actually.

I liked the product placement too..... ;)

trust you stew :lol:

for some reason video shows alot cleaner here

http://vimeo.com/10894937

To be honest she is pretty but in person she's pretty average, on camera she carries it off. Its wierd you can have average looking women who look amazing on camera and you can have amazing looking women who look average on camera. Not sure how that works. She did drive me insane, how do I look can you take a picture of me, let me have a look do I look great, have more light on me, I need more light....then 3 days later, texting, I need to have a look at how it looks, I need to make sure I look great, otherwise I dont want to be in it.... can you love yourself anymore lol????? :dry:

Just waiting on it loading, first impressions are good though. There's a feeling I always get with video's and its difficult to describe what I mean, but when you see something filmed with a home video camera, or even a good quality camera, you can tell that its not professional, because the picture has a sense of ambience, I usually see it on low production films, B movie's etc. I can't tell if its the camera used, or if the production of the video is just poor, like they run a glaze over it, that makes all the colours look good, the sound nice and the picture look smooth and professional.

I think you've managed to get that professional look with this video, looks well produced mate.

Just finished it, good stuff man, looks nicely done all the way, no cheesy over use of fades etc! That girl is pretty in some shots, but she does look like a right pain in the a*se, girls like that get on my tits!

Just waiting on it loading, first impressions are good though. There's a feeling I always get with video's and its difficult to describe what I mean, but when you see something filmed with a home video camera, or even a good quality camera, you can tell that its not professional, because the picture has a sense of ambience, I usually see it on low production films, B movie's etc. I can't tell if its the camera used, or if the production of the video is just poor, like they run a glaze over it, that makes all the colours look good, the sound nice and the picture look smooth and professional.

I think you've managed to get that professional look with this video, looks well produced mate.

I know what you mean mate, I joined a forum of indie film makers and they spend ages trying to get as far away as possible from what they call video look (as if we filmed it on our phones) to film look.

There are a few things I picked up that can help contribute to get a film look instead of the look that we see recorded on our phones.

One thing is what they call filming in 25p, which is 25 frames per second instead of 30 frames per second, this surprisingly makes a big difference on the eye, it makes movement more dramatic even the slightest ones.

shallow depth of field, which is when you keep the person in focus and everything behind him blurred out.

Colour, pushing up the contrast so the colours dont simply blend into each other but instead they stand out a bit.

Thats all I know at the mo but as mush as I love trying to achieve the film look I no its not the be all and end all when it comes to films... as the indie filmmakers all agree content is King. So many movies that dont have that hollywood look or expensive cgi footage but still win oscars because of the content of the film, the look of the film is just a bonus. Take the Wrestler for example B)

Excellent video bud, what equipment are you using camera wise, and what are you using computer and software wise for the editing?

I use Vimeo for all my uploads, but they are just about all pool matches I record. Dabbled in HD for a little bit but an absolute nightmare editing and rendering before uploading....

Excellent video bud, what equipment are you using camera wise, and what are you using computer and software wise for the editing?

I use Vimeo for all my uploads, but they are just about all pool matches I record. Dabbled in HD for a little bit but an absolute nightmare editing and rendering before uploading....

Hi Mate tell me about it, HD can be complete headache, but final cutpro 6 has resolved alot of issues and FCP7 is meant to be even better.

I used a canon 7d (its a photography camera but dont let that fool you its got amazing video capabilities)

Lenses:

Canon 17-55mm F2.8

Canon 85mm F1.8

Sigma 30mm F1.4

Edited in Final Cut Pro 6 HD (very good for HD converts codec to proress 4:2:2 which makes rendering times alot quicker)

Computer Mac Pro 2x3ghz quad core intel xeon, 16GB ram, 4 x 1tb harddrives

whats your link on vimeo bud :thumbs:

I was going to ask why no Zed, but then I saw that she leaned on the door in her jeans :surrender:

Looks great work :thumbs: especially full screen in HD - well done

lol no rear buttons on back of her jeans i checked already before she lent on car :lol:

This is something I am defo looking to get into. Trying to learn Sony Vegas though ... my god that programme is like a blackhole of what you can do!

Seriously I tried sony vegas and found fcp alot easier, if I can help you on understanding the editing side drop me a pm, I know what its like when you first approach editing film, so many variables its untrue. :surrender:

thanks SwanageDave but think my niche has and always will be annoying you lot and posting random threads :lol::blush:

The vid looks very professional, but both of those guys look way too much like douchebags to pound her IMO. Also the song blows.

:lol::lol: OMFG!

So Jay.........your man... I'm guessing he's 'missing' his ex yeah? ;)

Nice work BTW :thumbs:

Really impressed Jay!!! Can't chose which of the guys I prefer in the video though........ :lol:

like the track too - although what happened to my favourite one? (the pants one........)

ha ha thats the next tune lol. Kad is ugly bugger you want Adam, :lol: the fiancee, B)