rtbiscuits new wheels

rtbiscuit

well this has been in the planning for ages, but only really just got round to sorting it all out

this is what i started with

rayswheel.jpg

a lovely set of stock Rays alloys, mine had been kerbed and were starting to bubble, this is a common problem with the rays, and to be honest most jap wheels.

i loved them so much i have decided to keep them, so without doing anything that hasn't been done on the forum before i've had them refurbed

P1010248.jpg

P1010249.jpg

P1010250.jpg

P1010251.jpg

P1010253.jpg

not done anything spectacular and i know others have been there before but it was just the look i was after.

i spent ages searching for somewhere to do it for the right price. found several places on the forum with good prices, but once you added on travel costs etc it wasn't cost effective. so i went old school and go the yellow pages out... well i went on yell.com :lol: and searched for powder coaters in my area.

my search lead me to Buckenham Blast cleaning services, they do all kinds of things, but have actually been doing wheels for 20 years. had a good chat with them and they bake wheels at just under 200 c and have experience in this area.

all in it cost me £210 for the powder coating and i'm very pleased with the finish

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't like them ;)

Looks much better, get your indicators smoked though :)

:lol: thanks ian

hadn't thought about that

need to sort out the handles and mirrors, but thats already being planned etc.

only other issue is what to do with the calipers, the gold looks really out of place, but not sure that going red is right, i think the red might be to much with everything else going on there.

They look B) great, never been a fan of dark wheels on silver car's............ maybe you've converted me :lol:

i know there not going to be to everyones taste but i fancied something completely different. always had silver wheels so its new to me, and i didn't think that the gunmetal look would work on the wheels on the silver.

Don't like them ;)

Looks much better, get your indicators smoked though :)

:lol: thanks ian

hadn't thought about that

need to sort out the handles and mirrors, but thats already being planned etc.

only other issue is what to do with the calipers, the gold looks really out of place, but not sure that going red is right, i think the red might be to much with everything else going on there.

I did a photoshop somewhere of both Black & red calipers. I still can't decide which ones though

forgot to mention they did them in a day,

drove up to beccles for 8am and collected at 6pm all finished.

only problem was i had no other transport so they dropped me off in town where i sat in the local cafe with my laptop doing marking from 8.30 till 3 pm and then spent the last 3 hours in a pub with my latest top gear mag.

day went surprisingly quickly got shed loads of work done and a gentle relax in the afternoon.

i did drink something like 10 cups of tea and 5 pints of orange juice and lemonade. to say i was urinating like a race horse is somewhat of an understatement. i never drink tea, but by god i reckon i could have had a good go at filling an Olympic swimming pool from empty :wacko:

forgot to mention they did them in a day,

drove up to beccles for 8am and collected at 6pm all finished.

only problem was i had no other transport so they dropped me off in town where i sat in the local cafe with my laptop doing marking from 8.30 till 3 pm and then spent the last 3 hours in a pub with my latest top gear mag.

day went surprisingly quickly got shed loads of work done and a gentle relax in the afternoon.

i did drink something like 10 cups of tea and 5 pints of orange juice and lemonade. to say i was urinating like a race horse is somewhat of an understatement. i never drink tea, but by god i reckon i could have had a good go at filling an Olympic swimming pool from empty :wacko:

:yahoo::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:thumbs: sweet, not sure re the pink stuff. Deffo get the calipers painted red to lift the red ring around the tyres. Those rubbers looks a bit stretched dont you think? :scare:

not stretched they're standard 225/245 setup

wheel.jpg

Thought they where from looking at the blurred image above, think its due to the 'ring' thats there gues thats some harder rubber wall compound'y stuff? Or is it the sun... either way thought they looked stretched. Me bad ;)

Looking good - much better than I would have expected. B)

I have to agree with Nixy on the nuts - plain old black might be better as the 2 reds are very different.

I also agree with andlid that when i looked at the pics the rim edge looks to stand out a long way from the tyre as if they're stretched. Given what you say about sizes I guess its just a trick of the light or simply an effect of having the red rim - oooer missus!