Am I being unreasonable....Eddz350

Cragus

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear this guys, I'd be really pi**ed. Hopefully its just the post office taking their time, especially if they weren't sent 1st class with the bank holiday etc.

Scott sent me a package yesterday....I got it today so its not the back log of mail.

Hi Craig,

Sorry to hear this bud :(

I know this isn't going to make much difference but if you do get your money back and still want them, I'm happy to do these at cost for you considering your a good customer and have been inconvenienced by this...

Best Regards,

Gaz

Thanks Gaz! I definately want them so I will take you up on that when I can afford them again. Will need a few other pieces of you also! Will claim for a refund off this guy and come straight to you once i have dough! :thumbs:

I am starting to think the same thing Beavis! THink he may have been offered money for his car and not took the time to get them removed! Hoping the car joins the forum. :thumbs:

Well they are in the picture of the engine bay in the advert so if I had bought the car I would want to know where they are too.

It's a good job his posts were locked to stop any further problems, just unfortunate for you that you lost out. Good luck if you go down the court process, just a complete hassle.

Oh GOD!! lol.. Ive just bought the japspeed decats of him! I hope i have no problems!

I am sure he said he had sent these items when I was on the phone to him. He is online now so hopefully he will respond and let you know now. :thumbs:

Quite amusing how replies on this thread can complicate a rather straightforward complaint.

Part of my work requires me to sue people through the county court, I can assure

you there is no grey area here at all.

The defendant has received the payment but not produced the goods, it really

doesn't matter what the postal arrangements were, the liability for that is on his side

and it is down to him to resolve that with whichever party lost the goods.

You can register this case online, it will cost money but he will have to pay

that. You have the written correspondence to put in with the claim, it's a relatively

straightforward case.

In my opinion, the guy never sent it, it's totally unprofessional to send goods of that value

without special delivery or courier, but if you never intended to send them then you wouldn't would you?

If he had any integrity he would give you a full refund - at least to avoid any other course of action by yourself

Quite amusing how replies on this thread can complicate a rather straightforward complaint.

Part of my work requires me to sue people through the county court, I can assure

doesn't matter what the postal arrangements were, the liability for that is on his side

that. You have the written correspondence to put in with the claim, it's a relatively

straightforward case.

In my opinion, the guy never sent it, it's totally unprofessional to send goods of that value

without special delivery or courier, but if you never intended to send them then you wouldn't would you?

If he had any integrity he would give you a full refund - at least to avoid any other course of action by yourself

Paul,, good man

Craigus,,,, follow this up as soon as poss mate. Bang out of order what has happened. Can't abide dishonesty. Get a claim in against this bar steward.

straightforward case.

Thanks for you advice mate. I am not going to let it drop. I have already filled out all the paperwork on HMCS website.

My personal opinion is that the sender is responsible for getting the goods to you. If you do not receive the goods, the sender should refund you. The seller is then free to take up the case with whomever he had courier the goods.

This is 100% correct, end of the day, the seller can choose any way he chooses to get the part to you. He could even pay a mate to come and drop it off etc. But at the end of the day unless you receive your item then you want your refund. There is no chance he can say you should be chasing Royal Mail etc as the sender has to chase them, not the would-be receiver.

+1 regarding threats, if you do end up in county court, you don't want him producing print outs of you publicly threatening him! (not that you have...yet)

Definately think twice before commenting on a public forum people. They can print off the comments (so even think about it when it's PM's) and these can be used as evidence. Also as a side note (not that anyone has) but be careful hinting at doing anything, either to the person or their property. Even if you don't intend on doing anything (which most people won't even when they say they will) because if sommat happens you'll be prime suspect

EDIT: Also meant to say, a seller should always send it recorded at least anyway. Otherwise what's to stop the buyer (I know we should live in a world where people can trust each other but obviously we don't) saying they've never received it when they have (Just to clarify not saying that this is the case in this instance). If that did happen the seller would have no comeback because they can't prove it one way or the other

My personal opinion is that the sender is responsible for getting the goods to you. If you do not receive the goods, the sender should refund you. The seller is then free to take up the case with whomever he had courier the goods.

This is 100% correct, end of the day, the seller can choose any way he chooses to get the part to you. He could even pay a mate to come and drop it off etc. But at the end of the day unless you receive your item then you want your refund. There is no chance he can say you should be chasing Royal Mail etc as the sender has to chase them, not the would-be receiver.

+1 regarding threats, if you do end up in county court, you don't want him producing print outs of you publicly threatening him! (not that you have...yet)

Definately think twice before commenting on a public forum people. They can print off the comments (so even think about it when it's PM's) and these can be used as evidence. Also as a side note (not that anyone has) but be careful hinting at doing anything, either to the person or their property. Even if you don't intend on doing anything (which most people won't even when they say they will) because if sommat happens you'll be prime suspect

EDIT: Also meant to say, a seller should always send it recorded at least anyway. Otherwise what's to stop the buyer (I know we should live in a world where people can trust each other but obviously we don't) saying they've never received it when they have (Just to clarify not saying that this is the case in this instance). If that did happen the seller would have no comeback because they can't prove it one way or the other

Thanks for the comment Ian. I completely agree with everything you have said.

Defenetly should have gone recorded.

I just sold an OEM boot lip and sent it on the 31/03 first recorded + £100 insurance for a tot of £12, the buyer still have not recive it due to the packaged been misplaced :thumbdown: . ( still chasing it) so lets hope yours it's on the way too.

Whenever I sold something I always done it recorded (even if it means spending extra money) and kept the recipt safe until the buyer confirms that the item has been recived and the are happy with the product.

Gentelmens word

He should have sent it recorded no doubt. But Cragus you shouldnt have sent it by gift mate. I learned the hard way just like you.

IMO sending as a gift is just risky unless you know everything will be fine. Then you can claim through paypal upto £500. Also bank transfer is also quite safe.

On cliosport.net which is a very busy forum they said simply if you send by gift and you dont get your item dont moan. As about 10 of us learned the hard way.

I really do hope you get it sorted. fill out the paperwork and get him done for it. Also be careful sometimes people send signed parcels that are empty. you sign for it find its empty. He has proof of sending plus your proof of arrival.

Thats a complaint registered through the county courts now. I tried to phone him one last time to see if he would admit liability but no answer.

He has been on the several times and can only presume see this but obviously cannot see he is in the wrong. No point trying to contact him again now - just let the courts deal with it. I will post on the other side and let you know what happens! :thumbs:

Thats a complaint registered through the county courts now. I tried to phone him one last time to see if he would admit liability but no answer.

He has been on the several times and can only presume see this but obviously cannot see he is in the wrong. No point trying to contact him again now - just let the courts deal with it. I will post on the other side and let you know what happens! :thumbs:

Nice to see this in motion mate,

Cant wait to lawl at him.

Did you see my PM reply mate, make sure to follow that first.

The only reason the defendant has not commented here is that he has no defence.

Believe me, if you're innocent and someone wrongly accuses you, you would be on here

like a shot to put the record straight.

I can't see that this guy will have any further succesful dealings on here either

:ban:

I banned him temporarily but have lifted it for the moment incase he wants to answer. But in the longer term it looks like his ban will become permanent if this does not get resolved :)

:ban:

I banned him temporarily but have lifted it for the moment incase he wants to answer. But in the longer term it looks like his ban will become permanent if this does not get resolved :)

Well done Dave ..... on the ball as usual

I can fully appreciate the severe annoyance this will cause, but I posted to prevent the thread from going down a route whch would have seen it locked, as it needs to stay open so this can be resolved.

Totally agree. If I send goods out I use either a courier or recorded delivery. If something didn't turn up, it would be down to me to make sure the buyer wasn't out of pocket. Thats not a trader thing, thats a moral thing. Contact Paypal and lodge a dispute. They will take the money back from him till it is sorted.

I can fully appreciate the severe annoyance this will cause, but I posted to prevent the thread from going down a route whch would have seen it locked, as it needs to stay open so this can be resolved.

Totally agree. If I send goods out I use either a courier or recorded delivery. If something didn't turn up, it would be down to me to make sure the buyer wasn't out of pocket. Thats not a trader thing, thats a moral thing. Contact Paypal and lodge a dispute. They will take the money back from him till it is sorted.

Will Paypal get involved though, given that the money was sent as a gift?

Good point, could just say you clicked that in error.

No they wont, I tried it when my UTEC was faulty :angry:

Postage receipts have the recepients house number and post code on them - either written by hand or printed.

But that receipt only covers up to £39 I think as standard compensation.

The beauty of Royal Pain is that they not only lose your item in the post, they also lose your Lost Item claim as well. And they ask you to send all original documenation so that you can't submit another claim.

Why isn't there another service other than these people!