Am I being unreasonable....Eddz350

Cragus

The long and short of it is:

I paid £150 for a set of polished tanks from a forum user named Eddz350 (at the time his adverts caused some turbulence on here but lets put that aside for now). I paid via paypal but as a gift so he didnt get charged - didnt concern me hugely at the time as I had bought spacers off him before and they were delivered no problems. Anyway, I didnt hear from the seller for over a week - he didn't even confirm my payment after several requests. I ended up (with some help) getting his address and telephone number. He eventally emails me and says he will post them the next day (Tuesday the 30th March). I think great, they are on the way - no problems.

To this day they have not arrived - so i phoned him yesterday and told him this to find out he supposedly sent them unrecorded!!! :doh: No tracking number or signature required! He says they may have been lost or stolen in the post. I explained that since they have not arrived and he has not proof they have been sent or where they have been sent to, I will like my money back until or if they turn up.

His response was 'I am not being £150 out of pocket because they have been lost'. I stated that he had made the error of sending them without tracking so why should I be held accountable for his bad judgement. Argument went on for about 20 minutes so I eventually explained that my only other option is to file a claim against him through HMCS (county courts). His reply was quite simply 'If you want to take that attitude'. :bang: I can prove I paid him - good look to him proving he sent them - he claims he has a receipt for £4.41 from the post office which proves nothing - not what he sent or where he sent it.

Starting to doubt if he even took them off the car before he sold them. If you have joined the club and bought the car GJ52 UFV.....give me a heads up if you have polished tanks - cheers :thumbs:

I don't think I am being unreasonable - do you? Always value an outsiders opinion.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a funny one with the whole lost in post thing. My son sent a whole fairing set to someone via royal mail and it got lost. He hadn't kept proof of postage or anything. The buyer had paid via paypal and was refunded most of the money by paypal which they then recouped from my son. So its a lesson learned on both sides!

Its a funny one with the whole lost in post thing. My son sent a whole fairing set to someone via royal mail and it got lost. He hadn't kept proof of postage or anything. The buyer had paid via paypal and was refunded most of the money by paypal which they then recouped from my son. So its a lesson learned on both sides!

If you are going to send something of any value though - a couple of extra pounds for a signature! Its not worth the risk not to!

No, i totally agree with you! And if he has the proof of postage surely he should be at least offering to look into it for you and fill in a missing parcel form or whatever it is in the meantime?

I think the proof of postage should have the postcode on it, normally they write it on. That woudl show that at least something was posted to near you...

That only covers you up to £30 ish so he can get some money back off royal mail I imagine.

Irrespective its shocking he didnt send it recorded. :headhurt:

It is the posters responsibility to ensure all reasonable measures are taken to ensure the item is delivered to the recipient.

I do not think you are being unreasonable in asking for monies back for non delivery of items.

Why anyone would send goods worth £150 through Royal Mail (or any delivery service for that matter) without ensuring they are sent recorded delivery is mind boggling. :wacko:

i got the bonnet lifter via bladesgrant off him.

one side is missing both clips to hold the ball joints in and one has a piece of wire jammed in so the ball joint doesn't move. basically rendering them useless :shrug:

i have them in the workshop at the moment working my magic on them. i have some clips i can nick off something else, but i'm struggling to release the ball joint. :dry:

i too would like to meet this man

as for your problems cragus, it would have needed to have been sent by special delivery, as thats the only thing that covers the insurance of the item. and that would have been next day delivery, scanned in and scanned out etc.

usually get 2 reciepts, one for tracking and it has a long number on it and the other a reciept fo rhow much you spent.

some times the reciept for the cash has a long number on it and they can track it through that.

if the post office have lost it you can claimk it back from them, but if the insurance was just unrecorded first class, then its only £30 you can get back which means he owes you £120

his fault for posting it unrecorded his problem, and his pocket thats going to get hit., not yours cragus.

you got a copy of his address?

moderator note - removed personal comment to keep thread above board

Yip, I have his address and contacts number and email and old car regy! Its going to cost him more than refunding my money in the long run if we go through the court system.

I agree nixy - i will have my sensible head on next time and not my see something shiney buy buy buy head on.

That is well out of order. If i sent something to someone and i was of any value then i HAS to go recorded!!!

I wouldn't send anything that i wasn't willing to risk losing through standard post. SO...... He decided send it standard and save a few quid. He took the risk and he should take the hit IF it has now been lost!!

Take this all the way!! I wouldn't put up with this if it was me. You deserve a full refund.

When we pay forum members through paypal as a gift they dont get charged BUT we lose our paypal protection! we need to be able to trust each other on here or we all lose out and the only winner is paypal!!

As Rich has said I received my stuff but I was amazed to see that it was only sent normal class mail. I paid £150 for all the carbon bits and the bonnet lifters so would have expected to have signed for this package.

Rich I didn't even check the quality of the products before sending them onto you (sorry), hope you can work your magic and get them fitted though.

Cragus - Thanks again for your help with chasing these items and really sorry to hear you haven't received your goods.

There is nothing unreasonable about wanting to buy something. Please lets not allow this thread to descend into thinly vieled threats etc as it is unlikely to receive a reasonable response from the other party.

However it could serve as a heads up to buyers in future to request that items are sent recorded delivery to prvent this situation of deciding whom should be out of pocket arising.

Yip, I have his address and contacts number and email and old car regy! Its going to cost him more than refunding my money in the long run.

I agree nixy - i will have my sensible head on next time and not my see something shiney buy buy buy head on.

Yes but the point is that if you want an item then you should be able to get it reasonably and safely without having to worry about being out of pocket. I dont want to buy things of here and have to worry about if im ever going to recieve them.

Maybe we should have rules set out about posting things out too!!

I can fully appreciate the severe annoyance this will cause, but I posted to prevent the thread from going down a route whch would have seen it locked, as it needs to stay open so this can be resolved.

My personal opinion is that the sender is responsible for getting the goods to you. If you do not receive the goods, the sender should refund you. The seller is then free to take up the case with whomever he had courier the goods.

My personal opinion is that the sender is responsible for getting the goods to you. If you do not receive the goods, the sender should refund you. The seller is then free to take up the case with whomever he had courier the goods.

Amen

The only similar experience I had was with a carbon bonnet which was damaged by the courier. The seller found out that the insurance was about £100 short of what I paid but gave me a full refund anyway.

In my opinion its down to the seller to ensure the goods are delivered in good condition and as described. Until this happens the sale has not been completed.

Shame about this one mate, that's a bit of a bugger! Hope you get it sorted out :)

+1 regarding threats, if you do end up in county court, you don't want him producing print outs of you publicly threatening him! (not that you have...yet)

Does he live far away? Perhaps a visit to speak to the man face to face would be in order. Usually people are different and easier to deal with when they realise the gravity of their behaviour when its not over a keyboard.

Hi Craig,

Sorry to hear this bud :(

I know this isn't going to make much difference but if you do get your money back and still want them, I'm happy to do these at cost for you considering your a good customer and have been inconvenienced by this...

Best Regards,

Gaz

Hi Craig,

Sorry to hear this bud :(

I know this isn't going to make much difference but if you do get your money back and still want them, I'm happy to do these at cost for you considering your a good customer and have been inconvenienced by this...

Best Regards,

Gaz

Thanks Gaz! I definately want them so I will take you up on that when I can afford them again. Will need a few other pieces of you also! Will claim for a refund off this guy and come straight to you once i have dough! :thumbs:

I am starting to think the same thing Beavis! THink he may have been offered money for his car and not took the time to get them removed! Hoping the car joins the forum. :thumbs: