new owner! bought the 1st one i drove!!

Hi all,

i am new to this site and 350z's and thought i'd introduce myself and ask your opinion on my purchase and any advice!! i bought it over the easter holidays (private sale), i work abroad in Denmark, i was back for a week and very little chance to view cars, ended up taking a gamble on this one! not sensible i know, but if i was sensible...would i buy a 350z!! Think i got lucky!! Its an 04 plate GT 17.5K miles, !9" Antera rims, new tyres (not cheap as u all know!!), just been major serviced. full mot, 2 months tax! got it for £11k. Could of got cheaper o4's but most were 80K miles ++. The condition and the miles sold it to me! i have just drove it back to Denmark ive put 1000 miles on it and it hasnt missed a beat!! The grin on my face wont go away!! No knocking from the rear!!, no squelling from the Brembo's, drivers side window motor just replaced by previous owner(£500 bill), only common fault ive noticed is the passanger speaker making odd noises (can live with that). So any comments good or bad welcome!!

I dont know alot about sports cars and even less on the 350z... so if anyone can give me the idiots guide to owning one or any links to similar questions .. that would be great. And does anyone know of any Danish 350z clubs, meets, traders??? been here 3 yrs now, and never seen one on the road!! but wiv 180% tax on all cars... hardly surprising!! One other thing the guy mentioned when i bought it... claimed the previous owner knew one of the original designers on the 350z, and he says it was designed with 19"rims, only went to 18" as a production comprimise!!! Any truth in that??

Anyway, thanks for any comments left, look fwd to ur views and advise!!

Regards Mark

p.s heres a pic of it:-post-6163-135011876842_thumb.jpg

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum. There is a sticky post in the FAQ section for new members with some handy links.

The designer of the 350z lives in Leicester so I assume the car you bought is local to there.

Looks like a good deal to me. :thumbs:

The sound problem witht he left side is common to 350Z's. Many, including myself, have had this. I'm afraid is down to some poor wiring in the head unit and nothing to do with the speaker.

A nut ache to fix. R35LEE can fix them but good luck getting hold of him! I've been waiting for a call back for weeks! :surrender:

Have fun with your new baby. Owned mine for 4 months now and I still love her to death. :teeth:

Thanks 4 all the "welcome" posts, sorry about the photo upload,lol, yeah never checked it, will try to sort some out! Not sure how to add more pics to this thread? I asked for an idiots guide... not sure what/where "stickys" are?? been looking thru old posts and struggling to come up wiv the answers!! i am as good wiv computers as i am wiv cars.!! looking for an idiots guide to paint care (hand wash or auto)(wot cleaner/polish/wax)!!, oil to use (fully syn??), how often to change oil (time or miles), tyres seems a matter of opinion!! ive never had a car worth looking after, so need complete training!!

just to change the subject... does anyone else have the problem of switching on the heated seats with thier elbow as they drive?? Any fixes?? i work wiv carbon fibre, was thinkin of making a carbon plate to cover switches and cut out small holes (make it flush)? thanks