VQ35HR TT project

Lexx

Noob question:

Whats the difference between an HR and a DE engine and how would I tell what mine is?

Yours is a DE :thumbs:

I'll let someone else explain how you can tell

Is DE a bad thing when it comes to modifying?

No, quite the opposite, usually aftermarket parts for the DE are slightly cheaper and there seem to be more parts out there :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not cheap Ian. just thinking with your head. If you do your research well and get them checked you can get very good deals preowned.

Nurris's kit for and example. ;)

I GTM checked the kit i was about to buy and vouvhed its condition so if you got any reputable shop to do so before you buy it a no brainer!

But i guess some people have too much money to sink in the pit. :wave:

Its not cheap Ian. just thinking with your head. If you do your research well and get them checked you can get very good deals preowned.

Nurris's kit for and example. ;)

I GTM checked the kit i was about to buy and vouvhed its condition so if you got any reputable shop to do so before you buy it a no brainer!

But i guess some people have too much money to sink in the pit. :wave:

Some of us prefer to spend money properly instead of just bodging it with cheapo parts :wave::p

Noob question:

Whats the difference between an HR and a DE engine and how would I tell what mine is?

Yours is a DE :thumbs:

I'll let someone else explain how you can tell

Is DE a bad thing when it comes to modifying?

No, quite the opposite, usually aftermarket parts for the DE are slightly cheaper and there seem to be more parts out there :)

Sounds promising, I was looking at the TT kits but was put off by Abbey mentioning the internals wouldn't cope with the torque and recommended the supercharger kit instead.

I'd still love a TT Zed, maybe when I've got the £££ for another Zed that can be fettled with!

....................Some of us prefer to spend money properly instead of just bodging it with cheapo parts :wave::p

When did genuine used parts become cheapo parts? Are we talking the samething here? who are you trying to impress :p

....................Some of us prefer to spend money properly instead of just bodging it with cheapo parts :wave::p

When did genuine used parts become cheapo parts? Are we talking the samething here? who are you trying to impress :p

Why would I try to impress? I don't really care what people think - if I did then a lot of the parts on my car wouldn't be there ;) I just buy what I can afford :)

Who said anything about used parts ;):p

But on the subject of used parts there are somethings that I would buy & have bought second hand even though I got stung on one occassion but things like engine internals & superchargers/turbos I would only ever buy new :offtopic:

Why would I try to impress? I don't really care what people think - if I did then a lot of the parts on my car wouldn't be there ;) I just buy what I can afford :)

Who said anything about used parts ;):p

But on the subject of used parts there are somethings that I would buy & have bought second hand even though I got stung on one occassion but things like engine internals & superchargers/turbos I would only ever buy new :offtopic:

Just like you bought the zed new :p

My point was buying used is not necesarily buying cheap. Some people have valid reasons to do so and i would call them cheap or bodgers like you insinuated ;)

Buying second hand cars is a bit different to buying used parts ;)

I also never insinuated that those who buy 2nd hand parts were cheap or bodgers, it was reference to those who insist on buying cheap knock offs :p;)

I know full well that buying 2nd hand parts isnt cheap - the UTEC sat in my top drawer is a testament to that - bill for that is somewhere around £800. Not quite the bargain that it seemed at the time :dry:

Just always be careful when buying 2nd hand, especially when buying from the states as you have zero comeback should anything happen to it :) I would just hate to see a member spend a few K buying something used from the states & finding out that its knackered & they have no comeback at all.

You've seen the price that Assaultech are selling brand new Vortechs for, why take the risk on a used one? :shrug:

Because life without risk is boring and because i have been in the game long enough to know what i need to to achieve set goals when modding ;)

i feel really bad you got stung but there are always ways of making sure you get what you are paying for :D secondly i do aggree that not every thing can be bought used :teeth:

i just felt you where slating my suggestion, which is only that and at the end of the day Rob will do what Rob needs to do but as he posted was open to imputs and ideas.

Anyway i see your angle especially with what you have been through and take no further offence B) Hope you see where i was comming from too ol' chap :yahoo:

Wasn't slating you at all, you are entitled to your opinion (albeit a wrong one :p;) )

Lets not forget that most US TT kits won't fit on a RHD car because the manifolds interfere with the steering rack. That combined with the fact that Lexx has a HR engine severely limits the choice of used kits that he has available to him.

I meant no offence btw, I'd hope that by now a lot of people would understand that 99% of the things I say are said in jest :blush:

Nice one mate!!! The Uk is gonna have some sick boosted zed soon! !

On another note, IM GUTTED YOUR GETTING THE GTM KIT!!! I wanted this kit for about 12 months and spoke to the guys at GTM for hours about the needed mod to fit a RHD car. (this was before they sold a RHD kit) and after taking pic's under the car and the fact GTM could not be sure if it would fit even with the modified down pipes i gave up on that kit.

Just my look they sell a bloody RHD kit now as mines not far off done! lol..

Great kit mate, hands down best on the market today IMO.

Good look with the build.

Tim.

Hey mate fantastic news, Ill be keeping an eye on this project one of my fav colour Z with stunning wheels getting a turbo kit :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Speak to Adam about the mapping, can't remember what its called, think unichip or something that can sort out the mapping on U.K car so it does not cause complications with the turbo. Also HKS pro might be needed to help monitor everything B)

Not too clued up on that particular TT, I didn't know that the stock engine is good up to 500BHP thought 400 was pushing it :wacko: maybe I got it wrong but double check, I know there is a difference between american and british engines in the Z. Unless the newer 350z have improved pistons.

Thanks for all the info so far guys :thumbs:

Especially on the shipping info - anything that saves money there is greatly appreciated!

I cant wait to get started, but think it may take a few months longer than expected to get all the cash together :bang:

Still, gives me plenty of time to do heaps more research and make sure I get it right.

I'm stuck on my boat for a few weeks at the moment, but will be giving Mark at Abbey a ring when I get home and start discussing needs etc.

What ever you budget, Add 2-3K as my build with all the little extra things has cost a bit more than planned so far :);)

+1 There is always something that you forget about or in my case decide to change :blush:

What ever you budget, Add 2-3K as my build with all the little extra things has cost a bit more than planned so far :);)

+1 There is always something that you forget about or in my case decide to change :blush:

Or just keep adding extra's to the build spec! lol... :D

• 3 weeks later...

:lol:

Well done for doing this! looking forward to the plan of the build. Going mid turbo myself I'd say... if I can figure out if it will fit or not :D

That is fooking brilliant! I've just sat for 3 minutes giggling to myself! :lol::clap: