Fit Decals to your B-pillars offshoot

dcash5

Is this a pi$$ take?

I was kinda wondering too...

nope

i've had people ask before how to fit them,

so while doing fakeindians i put the guide together.

if you don't need it then its not an issue, but some people don't always know. :shrug:

So, have I got this right - these are non-branded carbon b-pillar covers that you are trying to pretend are Nismo :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Never understood this sort of thing myself - those that don't know any better will never have heard of Nismo, so it won't mean anything to them, and those that do know will immediately spot that they are fake and think it's a poor excuse for the real thing....... it's not like the proper Nismo ones just have a badge stuck on.

A bit like those 318s you see with the M3 badge on the back :lol:

Why not just be happy with carbon fibre b-pillars, they are a tasty upgrade in their right, why try and make them look like Nismo ones when they're not.

C'mon lads, don't cheapen these beautiful cars with stuck on fake badges

and your comments are helpful how?

the guide was there for fitting vinyl

its no different to sticking a club sticker on the car, if you have nismo parts on your car what's wrong with advertising the point on your B-pillar.

its meant to be a guide not a discussion point.

if you have a problem with it or want to discuss it further, why not start a new thread on the forum and do it there.

I think Gus has a good point there though. Aren't these unofficial Nismo stickers aswell? You have done a DIY on applying a sticker, I have never met anyone who has been stumped with the engineering of a sticker.

I'm all for advertising a company and especially if they have provided you good service or a recommended product but surely use their official stickers or promo stuff.

I think Gus has a good point there though. Aren't these unofficial Nismo stickers aswell? You have done a DIY on applying a sticker, I have never met anyone who has been stumped with the engineering of a sticker.

I'm all for advertising a company and especially if they have provided you good service or a recommended product but surely use their official stickers or promo stuff.

As far as the 'why have you done a HOW TO on applying a decal' comment I think you have to appreciate that because you may have experience using them some people may be unsure. I had never used them until I put brembo decals on my painted calipers :shrug: Yeah they are pretty straight forward but whats the harm of having a how to for people who are not familiar. Changing brake pads is a walk in the park for some people while for some its not. All I am saying is the poster has took a little time to try and contribute to the site and hes being shot down - for what reason I am not quite sure..

As for putting the nismo decal on - i think its a nice touch and know plenty of people on here who have did it - if you have nismo products whats the biggie. Just my 2p.

decals and stickers are slightly different but no point splitting hairs.

the issues i had raised before is people struggling to get them straight, all i've done is put together a comprehensive guide to doing, like prepping the surface, the best way of aligning and how to avoid getting things on the wonk. if your more than capable of fitting decals then whats the problem, this guide obviously isn't for you. :shrug:

as for official and unofficial debate; has this not been covered in depth over a very long time and is an extremely boring one.

i can pick a selection of things on this forum which are copies, and because they're from official traders its perfectly fine. i do it and all of a sudden its an issue. what a surprise.

if you have a problem with the vinyl work it might be worth you PM'ing me rather than making a point on here.

the issue is not the vinyl the thread was a guide for fitting if you don't need help then don't read it. but some people do struggle and not everyone wants to pipe up and say they struggle with it. yes you might be a "modding genius" and the technicalities of fitting decals is as easy as farting in the morning for others it isn't.

and as said before if you want to discuss the finer ins and outs of copies do it on a fresh thread, or get the mods to split this one.

Topic split.

I'd like thank Rich for taking the time to do a guide. It might be something that is fairly simple in some peoples eyes however maybe not so to others.

Now debate away as you like.

guys, you are being a bunch of dicks :lol::lol: wind up merchants the lot of you. :p

simple or not i read a guide on everything i do on the car and when they are written well make the job 10x quicker. this guide adds to the value of the forum so why slate it.

Im sure biscuit can cut you out one of these to practice on your own cars you fairies :lol:

barbie.jpg

If one is incapable of putting a sticker on anything, then wouldn't they lack the comprehension of operating a car in the first place?

Sorry, but I find a guide on how to apply a sticker rather silly.

I know you mean well Rich, but we ain't a classroom full of kids tbh, give us some credit willya?

I dont get what the problem is here? Rich has put up a guide........ doesnt matter if you know how to do it or not. Its there incase someone needs it, so he should be thanked for it, not be slated for it. If you dont need to use it then dont, why even bother having a go? Its obvious certain people on here cant follow clear guidelines on how to do a for sale thread or even how to use wheel products. So............ it doesnt really seem fair to have a go at someone who is clearly trying to help. This is just imo ofcourse :blush:

I'm with all the guys who help each other on here ..... nobody can be expert at everything ..... if I want a bit of help on something I'm not too sure about then I'll ask for it .......... if I can help my friends with something that I'm an expert in then I shall ..... isn't that what life is all about ?

On the flipside, those who don't want to contribute shouldn't be chastised either ...... but those who criticize the helpers for helping should be laughed at, exposed and exploited by the helpers and the helped at every available opportunity

Just my opinion

If one is incapable of putting a sticker on anything, then wouldn't they lack the comprehension of operating a car in the first place?

I know you mean well Rich, but we ain't a classroom full of kids tbh, give us some credit willya?

hmmm.... your being a nob, why? to get a rise out of people because your bored on the laptop tonight per chance? ;)

If you dont need the guide shut up and p!ss off.

No offence intended but your making an arse of yourself :thumbs:

oh look i can offend people too! how clever of me :lol::lol::lol:

To a point BM your right alot of the instructions are common sense, and you would expect most people to be able to do it. but what is also included are some useful tips like; suitable products for prepping the surface i use lighter fluid as its better than the usual meths or white spirit. it gets in better removes more crap and evaporates quicker with less residue left behind.

yes any old pleb can stick a decal on but not everyone can get it lined up or straight; (any one can drive a car doesn't mean they all drive like jenson button) tips like using masking tape as base line. or only tacking the centre to allow a twist motion aren't always something that comes to mind for people that haven't fitted much before.

nor is everyone aware that using heat improves glue adhesion, or that you shouldn't really use any glue externally in temperatures lower than about 10 degrees, (same with paint)

yes the basics of it is common sense but the idea was to lend some tips. i put it up so that when someone gets some vinyl from me, instead of having to re write every time the best way to apply it, i can just copy and paste the link to the thread.

i can strip down and refit a gearbox, to me that's a piece of cake, but it doesn't mean i look down at everyone else who isn't as capable, and think them silly because they can't.

i don't take this personally, hence why i suggested splitting the thread and allowing to discuss it. this is an open forum after all.