Scorpion Exhausts - thoughts?

James B

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for the mini hijack, but i have noticed nearly everyone changes the Y pipe and the tail pipe/ back box.

Is this through necesity or just personal preference? Will a Scorpion tailpipe fit to the standard UK Y pipe?

I ask as i am thinking of replacing my stock UK exhaust due to a slight kink in it, and therefore would be happy to keep the Y pipe i have if i still get a nicer sound from the scorpion...

I have just fitted the rear silencer and mid-pipe only, and left the stock y pipe in place. I wanted to do things in stages as I don't want an exhaust that is too noisy. It's brand new so isn't 'run-in' yet, but already has good volume and sound over the stock system. Nothing too noticeable-just slightly louder at idle which then grows with higher revs. Depending on how it sounds once it has some carbon build-up I may consider the Y pipe later.

Japspeed were doing a good price from them direct on here.

For the Scorpion I got mine from Japex, who ordered and fitted it for the same price as some other quotes I've seen for supply and delivery only. Larkspeed do it on eBay for £300 I think.

Japspeed were doing a good price from them direct on here.

For the Scorpion I got mine from Japex, who ordered and fitted it for the same price as some other quotes I've seen for supply and delivery only. Larkspeed do it on eBay for £300 I think.

I`ll have a look. Remember not long ago someone here saying they got the Japspeed Y-pipe for £180 (I think) Think it was Fakeinden (sorry if spelt wrong)

I have just fitted the rear silencer and mid-pipe only, and left the stock y pipe in place. I wanted to do things in stages as I don't want an exhaust that is too noisy. It's brand new so isn't 'run-in' yet, but already has good volume and sound over the stock system. Nothing too noticeable-just slightly louder at idle which then grows with higher revs. Depending on how it sounds once it has some carbon build-up I may consider the Y pipe later.

Thanks for explaining that, much appreciated.

I have had mine for a few weeks now and love it. I also had a japspeed y-pipe fitted. Absolutely love it :yahoo:

Its quiet when you want it to be, but makes a nice noise when giving it the beans.

CS will sort you out :thumbs:

I have had mine for a few weeks now and love it. I also had a japspeed y-pipe fitted. Absolutely love it :yahoo:

Its quiet when you want it to be, but makes a nice noise when giving it the beans.

CS will sort you out :thumbs:

I will contact CS/Japspeed :thumbs: