Scorpion Exhausts - thoughts?

James B

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an idea last nigth ... Love my stock exhaust look and sound at present but would want to free it up slightly, plus theres only 4900 miles on it so its like new.

Would it be possible for me to add an upgraded Y pipe to the stock system? Like japspeed etc?

If so would this make the car marginally louder and help it breathe that bit better ??

• 2 weeks later...

I have a HR zed and have fitted a motordyne xyz pipe ( y pipe ) and the exhaust is no louder than stock. I really would like to hear the exhaust a little more so was thinking about taking the mid silencer out but have been told this wont make much difference. So now looking at a scorpion to go with my xyz .......... what do people think? Will it be really loud and annoying on the motorway? On a side note i had a blueflame and later found out that the pipe diameter was smaller than the stock exhaust :scare: so sold it after 100 miles!

So will a scorpion and xyz pipe be to much? Do you think it would boom on the motorway and is there any kind people in the hampshire area who have a scorpion plus y pipe that i could meet up with? Thanks :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
Scorpion also has a 2.5" pipe diameter, the japspeed etc have 3". My scorpion is sounding better and better everyday. That's about 800 miles on it now and it sounds great

Just looking at reviews and is it not a no no by having a 3" y pipie into a smaller 2.5" pipe :wacko: can decrease power ??

Now 2.5" or 3" y pipe into a 3" exhaust is fine ??