Hi,

first time on this forum,my name is mark and i live in Sheffield, have been on another but lost my login details,really crap with computers,had the Z about a year,first winter and found out that they don't go out in snow? in fact it's not to happy in the rain ,haven't done anything to it yet only thing i do is polish,car could do with some paintwork and the wheels refurbing but no one is willing to re chrome them ,there lowenhart LD5's ,thinking of having the centres in black if i can't find anybody to do them.

all the best Mark

:welcome: to the club

is yours a black zed, think I've seen around sheffield.

Someone will pop up on advice for chroming wheels but its not cheap. If your wheels are aluminium then it in the £300 region. There is a recent thread about it.

national alloys based in widnes are very good. They do wheel refurbishment but dont do chroming. They may know of someone though.

http://www.nationalalloys.co.uk

:worthless:

just seen your other post. Yep, you been spotted a couple of times.

Looking at your wheels, are the chrome or diamond cut finish. If they are diamond cut finish you can get them refurbed for £30 a wheel at the place I mentioned in the previous post. I've had mine done there. Cracking job :thumbs:B)

Hi,

M13KYF ,yes it's me you've seen not to many Z's around here,but there is another very nice one in the area ,mine is not in the same condition, the wheels are full chrome centres [3 piece wheels] but are beginning to flake ,i know it's sad but really like the chrome look so would love a full refurb? will take some better photos when i have time as the one posted is about 3 years old,since then it has changed.

all the best Mark

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just had a reflash done at RSI in Leeds and very satisfied transformed the car ,never really ran to good before after all the bolt on's but now it feels eager to go. fuel consumption will not improve as i seem to drive a little more spirited now.

Mark

Hi,

first winter and found out that they don't go out in snow? in fact it's not to happy in the rain

Mark .. What tyres do you have on your Zed?

I used to find that my zed wasn't too good in the rain until I changed my tyres from the Bridgestone RE040's to the Falken 452's ... now it feels a lot better to drive in the wet ..

:thumbs: