Dirty washing nightmare looming!

stanski

It seems Nixy is not the only one with appliance problems today, our washing machine has decided to give up the ghost this evening. :blackeye:

Would'nt even open the door to get the clothes out - had to force it! :angry:

Think its been over faced with daily baby clothes washing duties - a sock too far!

stewie-family-guy-premiere.jpg

Normally I would try to fix it, I have done enough in the past but this one I've always hated and vowed when it goes it will go to the tip! Hoover cr**!

Surfed for a Bosch one online - had some Debenhams vouchers but cant use them for the Kitchen appliances section - no option to pay for it! Typical! :shrug: Never mind ordered it anyway.

Sorry for the rant - lack of sleep and yet more funds vanishing quicker than an unlocked 370z on a chavy estate at night! :doh:

:byebye:

It seems Nixy is not the only one with appliance problems today, our washing machine has decided to give up the ghost this evening. :blackeye:

Would'nt even open the door to get the clothes out - had to force it! :angry:

Think its been over faced with daily baby clothes washing duties - a sock too far!

stewie-family-guy-premiere.jpg

Normally I would try to fix it, I have done enough in the past but this one I've always hated and vowed when it goes it will go to the tip! Hoover cr**!

Surfed for a Bosch one online - had some Debenhams vouchers but cant use them for the Kitchen appliances section - no option to pay for it! Typical! :shrug: Never mind ordered it anyway.

Sorry for the rant - lack of sleep and yet more funds vanishing quicker than an unlocked 370z on a chavy estate at night! :doh:

:byebye:

Bummer. See if you can get any cashback deals via quidco shopping for white goods :shrug:

Stan whatever you do DON'T go for the environmentally friendly triple A rated ones! They use low power and take FOREVER! Lucy will tear all her hair (and yours) out while waiting for a normal wash to take over TWO hours! The shortest wash on mine is one hour 15 and i bloody hate it! Also Hoover are crap. I had a dryer that lasted 13 months, just out of warranty! The repair man said that Hoover was now owned by an eastern european set up who basically build crap but rely on the traditionally well known name of Hoover! And don't get a washer/dryer - i hate those two! God, its nightmare appliance day today! :lol:

you have to wait for it to unlock itself when its finished ;) see those women try to keep thier secrets from us but we figure it out in the end :p

sorry to hear its stuffed

I know its a bleeding safety programme doodar - I switched it off and on (IT stylie) dallied with the dials and bascially faffed about until it stopped - then switched it off left it for a few mins and with a gentle persuation it popped open, no worries - I am not being beaten by a piece of junk like this! :boxing:

Chris I've already ordered it so too late for deals but handy to know for next time. :thumbs:

I intended to replace all my appliances with Bosch just was'nt expecting to start tonight! Never mind nothing wrong with good old fashioned hand washing in the bath. :boat:

Thanks Guys :D

Nixy this was inherited I had a great Hotpoint unit for 15 years and left it when I moved house - this has boiled my shirts , ruins my jumpers and tonight burnt my hands as I took the load out.

This one has a super fast 15 minute cycle so if you need your smalls in a hurry its great for that. Its just a washer - I always prefer seperates personally.

Had my Bosch silver fridge for 10 years now excellent quality even survived a double house move - the crappy Electrolux one thats built in with the kitchen is as bad the ones I remember in the 70's as a kid where icebergs form inside! :doh:

Stew - think babies possess some magical power over electrical objects Ania managed to zap my Iphone battery in 1 afternoon!

I did see a yellow car this afternoon could'nt make out the reg but it did look very 350 ish :lol: (Beavis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) ;)

Dave you can use the old one as target practice if you like I can deliver it in the van for you - failing that does anyone have any dynamite I can borrow! B)

Back to the good old days Stan - hand washing and ringer :lol:

Funny you should say that Colin - thats what I've done tonight - it broke mid cycle so was half full of water - had to wring it out - now my skin has reacted with the remains of the washing powder - itching like mad - it never rains.... (or washes in this case) :shrug:

best brands are bosch, miele, lg, siemens.

middle of the road hotpoint, zannussi, indesit, ariston

bottom of the pile hoover, white knight

working in currys i found most people liked hotpoint, nice price, nice spec, nice and reliable. presonally i have had a good few indesits (made by hotpoint) and never had any hassle. get what you pay for mate ;)

oh and the door is on a timed lock even with the power off ;)

Nixy this was inherited I had a great Hotpoint unit for 15 years and left it when I moved house -

Me too! It was probably the same one! got passed to me by my auntie and i had it forever! Same with a hotpoint tumble dryer which i got when Harl was a baby - it only conked out after about 18 years! I think they make them with a shelf life nowadays otherwise you'd never replace them!

Wish i'd done a bit more research when i got mine. 15 minute wash cycle sounds ace........ Harl put some washing in last night at about 9pm and i could still hear the bloody thing at 1am! god knows what cycle it was on but FOUR HOURS!

Never mind nothing wrong with good old fashioned hand washing in the bath. :boat:

Isn't there a river near you by the name of Mersey? You could take your smalls down there until the new appliance arrives :blush::blush:

Funny you should mention a nearby river...... :lol::lol:

Funny my machine broke mid cycle and I was all set to buy a new one. Then I blew back down the waste pipe, then it drained and has worked perfectly since!

Did the same at my mates. I blew down the waste pipe and it drained and worked again. Heaps of white baby blanket fluff came out!

:bangin:

Dam washing machines :doh:

Just when you need most, hope you are both ok bud :thumbs:

I know it's a pain to happen now but it will be sorted just another job for me. We are ok thanks mate tired but getting there. Poor mite has just been sick so yet more new clothes to change - oh well she is worth every penny and every minute spent with her :)

Hope you 3 are ok ?

Never mind nothing wrong with good old fashioned hand washing in the bath. :boat:

Isn't there a river near you by the name of Mersey? You could take your smalls down there until the new appliance arrives :blush::blush:

Funny you should mention a nearby river...... :lol::lol:

Funny my machine broke mid cycle and I was all set to buy a new one. Then I blew back down the waste pipe, then it drained and has worked perfectly since!

Did the same at my mates. I blew down the waste pipe and it drained and worked again. Heaps of white baby blanket fluff came out!

Nice one Stew it's normally pulleys going , belts stretching or brushes wearing on the motor all easy stuff I just don't have the time to mess with this one - it's about 8 years old anyway. There were mechanical gringing noises so maybe the bearings are on the way out - not to worry I want my Bosch!! :thumbs:

I feel your pain Stan :surrender:

My machine conked out 2nd Jan. 12yr old cheapo Indesit.

Did 3 weeks of going to the launderette waiting for John Lewis to deliver a new Siemens one.

When it arrived it was faulty and flooded my utility room :scare: .

JL quickly sorted it though so balance has once again been restored in the house and baby headphones can puke up all she wants safe in the knowledge clean clothes and sheets are only a spin away :teeth:

I salute you if you're planning on handwashing everything til the new machine comes.

I gave up after one load :surrender: ........the wringing is a killer :wacko:

I feel your pain Stan :surrender:

My machine conked out 2nd Jan. 12yr old cheapo Indesit.

Did 3 weeks of going to the launderette waiting for John Lewis to deliver a new Siemens one.

When it arrived it was faulty and flooded my utility room :scare: .

JL quickly sorted it though so balance has once again been restored in the house and baby headphones can puke up all she wants safe in the knowledge clean clothes and sheets are only a spin away :teeth:

I salute you if you're planning on handwashing everything til the new machine comes.

I gave up after one load :surrender: ........the wringing is a killer :wacko:

Thanks matey :thumbs: 3 weeks for a

machine your joking were they making it for you :shrug:

Used to handwashing stuff when lived at my old house so no big deal just time consuming when I have other things I need to get sorted. Just about to pull out the old

one this morning and take to the tip :dry:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear they always go when you new them the most hope you get your replacement soon. Drive belts are easy to do but then you have to replace the bushes on the motor then valves then pipes - after 15 years think you got your moneys worth :thumbs:

get a Bosch one from Debenhams online like me - absolutely made up with it so far in fact I enjoy using it , quiet, well made, quick, easy to use and it even tells you when it's going to finish. It's also Beavis proof :p delivered on time no damages always good service from Debenhams. ;)