Top Speed

Demolition49

Guys, ive been kinda finding this hard to find, what are the specs on performance for a 350z 06 rev up. Both coup and roadster.

I would like stuff such as 0-60, 0-100, 100-150? Both manual and auto?

I hear so many different things from so many different people its hard to know what the actual quote is from nissan, and then what the car actually does!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without trying to sound brash, who cares? Every car will be different and you'll never match any time that Nissan quote for 0-60 as you can't hate your car that much. The Zed really isn't about full-on power or nimble handling, it's a watered down combination of the two wrapped in a very sleek (well, for the coupe anyway!) package and that's why it's such a great car to drive. An MR2 mk3 will outhandle it and a Focus ST will out drag it, and yet I know which car I'd rather be sitting in. The Zed in any form is quick enough for the road as stock, and if it's not then I'd be looking for a different car tbh.

That little rant over with, and to be slightly more helpful, try using the search function on this site to see what others have posted in the past with regards to times, and it'd be worth looking over on my350z for info as well. Carfolio has just about every piece of tech data you could want as well, although I'm sure all that info is already on the forums.

Without trying to sound brash, who cares? Every car will be different and you'll never match any time that Nissan quote for 0-60 as you can't hate your car that much. The Zed really isn't about full-on power or nimble handling, it's a watered down combination of the two wrapped in a very sleek (well, for the coupe anyway!) package and that's why it's such a great car to drive. An MR2 mk3 will outhandle it and a Focus ST will out drag it, and yet I know which car I'd rather be sitting in. The Zed in any form is quick enough for the road as stock, and if it's not then I'd be looking for a different car tbh.

That little rant over with, and to be slightly more helpful, try using the search function on this site to see what others have posted in the past with regards to times, and it'd be worth looking over on my350z for info as well. Carfolio has just about every piece of tech data you could want as well, although I'm sure all that info is already on the forums.

Agree'd, staring at stats about the zed will most likely make you sad, if your a stat monkey kind of guy. In all honesty the performance of the zed doesn't look amazing on paper, but that's all immaterial when you drive it, its such a complete car, luxury, performance, looks. who gives a sh!t about stats!

I think it's entirely reasonable to know the top speed of the car you own!!!

Suggesting it's not important is just odd. Don't you want to know what your baby can do. Even if you never intend on getting it to that?

If top speeds and 0-60's were irrelevant then they wouldn't be the headline figures for articles/reviews so often.

That's not to say I disagree with what's posted above, about the package etc. Just that it's also nice to know. I haven't seen any figures either, and haven't got it up to nearly fast enough to make an educated guess, as air resistance goes up exponentially, just because it's still pulling easily at 130mph doesn't mean it won't hit a wall at 150/155 for example.

stats like that are only good for pub banter,

if you want a quick 0-60 you need a light weight car

if you want a high top speed you need a big engine.

the zed doesn't fall in to either one, but sits in the middle. its not leight weight, and it has a moderate sized engine.

power to weight is far more useful than a 0-60 time, torque is far more impressive than BHP,

I've just had a call from Mr Veyron. He would beg to differ!

actually he wouldn't... don't you watch topgear? the veyron isn't the fasted track car by far, and in dubai it was smoked by the lighter F1 only after half a mile did the veyros power pull it past the F1

Guys, ive been kinda finding this hard to find, what are the specs on performance for a 350z 06 rev up. Both coup and roadster.

I would like stuff such as 0-60, 0-100, 100-150? Both manual and auto?

I hear so many different things from so many different people its hard to know what the actual quote is from nissan, and then what the car actually does!

at least try the search button

I did actually use the search button and i got so many different answers, alot of people with modded cars etc get different times, i just wanted to know out of curiosity what you can get out of the Z stock, and ofcourse you all care about the 0-60 times because if the 350z did it in 20 secs im sure that would make a big difference, im not saying i want a Z because of the 0-60 i just was curious at official times! And so far nobody has come back with anything really!

I love the Z and that's that, i realise and understand where you are all coming from! But thats not what i wanted to know the times for. Cant i know them just for pure purposes of actually knowing a thing or 2 about a car im going to own?

actually he wouldn't... don't you watch topgear? the veyron isn't the fasted track car by far, and in dubai it was smoked by the lighter F1 only after half a mile did the veyros power pull it past the F1

Sorry?

The quote was, if you want a quick 0-60 you need a light weight car.

The Veyron is heavy and does it in 2.5-2.8 seconds. Unless you think 2.5 seconds to 60 is slow, it's end of discussion!

Sorry?

The quote was, if you want a quick 0-60 you need a light weight car.

The Veyron is heavy and does it in 2.5-2.8 seconds. Unless you think 2.5 seconds to 60 is slow, it's end of discussion!

motorsport 101, to go fast, loose weight.

veyron is only able to shift its lard arse by strapping 2 V12's together and running FI as well i think, total cost £1,000,000

take the lotus 7, weighs just over 750kg and does similiar 0-60, or the atom i think does it even quicker, and its all down to weight.